Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 541 53.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 476 46.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was ridiculously unlucky given the multiple decisions that went against us. The team went out with a plan that they executed well and looked to be playing for him. I’ve slated him a lot on here but we simply can’t sack him currently based off these recent performances.

Redstain

You don’t think we’d be better with Shaw and Martinez in that defence over Dalot and Evans? We were walking that game until the sending off.
Wolves first game of the season (Shaw / Martinez fit) set the tone for this injury changes the dynamic argument. Injuries do have an effect but a fully fit eleven doesn't significantly raise the team's performance levels. Anyone watching games over 90 mins can see this, I'd imagine it's 50 x worse when assessing the team live because you'd be able to see the movement and shape which hasn't worked.

frostbite

There is no plan B. Our players are trying but they seem lost, they don't know what to do. That's on the manager. We had a 2 goal advantage when the red card happened, and he did nothing! We conceded 4 goals against an inferior team, that's not acceptable for a Man Utd manager.

leontas

Terrible officiating tonight. But it's up to ETH to make us tough to beat under those circumstances. Conceding 4 to Copenhagen just isn't acceptable even with 10 men. His in-game management was once again atrocious. I get it that we have the worst luck in the world right now, but I just don't see him turning this around. We're too chaotic and lack any type of organization and discipline in our game and that's down to him.

el3mel

We can still qualify.
Mathematically yes.

Actually, we're not winning the next 2 games, full stop.

The Copenhagen games were our easiest in the group and we should have had 6 points. We fecked it up. Good luck getting anything from Galata in Turkey or from Bayern.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
He's just unlucky. If we just believe, pray and sing United Road a couple more times, in 5 years he'll do a Sir Alex. Or maybe not.

Some of you are yet to see the light but it'll come.
Sacking him won't matter until we get a proper structure in place, especially around new contracts and signings. If we get rid I am happy to wait until Jim has sporting control.

El Jefe

I’m EtH out but today is not on him. Today and Galatasaray were on stupid player mistakes but I suppose the question should be asked why is it is this happens to.

3KDré

Thanks to his favouritism of Antony we should be used to playing with ten men as we have done that most of his time here
I can understand not rating the manager before today's game. But today, seriously? We set up very well, we showed fight despite the complete nonsense refereeing. We actually even kept the ball well for most of the game despite being 10 men down... why's Ten Hag getting blame here? Today of all games? We want to have a go at him when we played with 10 men for 60 minutes?

TheGame

Can’t fault him for Ref but bizzare choice of subs. Took ages considering we were down to 10 men and we needed pace to stretch them instead he brought Mount up front. Feel we could have still posed a threat but that killed any attacking momentum.

Jericholyte2

I’m finally done with him. Half the players on the bench were players he bought. Shocking transfers and horrible subs. Those two things are constant and unforgivable
Last season we scored the most goals from subs in the league, hardly stuff of consistently bad subs.

Who would you have brought on from our puddle of attacking talent?

evil_geko

We should see a lot of Caftards embarrassing themselves tonight in this thread, that's for sure.

eire-red

We're almost a third of the way through the season and I haven't enjoyed watching a single game we've played.

Regardless of the results, that is unforgivable. Life is actually too short to keep giving time to watching this team week in, week out.

ArmaDino

Think the most damning indictment of him and where we are as a club that even if we had our full strength 11 all season I still don’t think we’re any better off.
We were playing them off the park until the ref decided to give them and extra man and free pen to boot.

saivet

Bit of a weird game so don't blame him hugely but his in game management was questionable tonight. The Mount sub and just general approach to the game after the red and conceding were bizarre.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Today is not a day to blame him. If we play Galatasaray and Bayern the way we played out first 40 mins with XI men, I think wel be fine.

But it's correct that he should have navigated prior games better.

Heinzesight

It was a fantastic away CL performance until the officials fecked us. I appreciate he has his flaws but does he not get any credit for that?

yfoFC

Anyone who wants us to sack this man now needs to rethink

Without that red card, we would have won that game comfortably

If we weren't fecked over by injuries especially defensively, what would have been?

This is the same man that brought our trophy drought to an end and now that he's experiencing a crisis, we want to axe him

What sort of loyalty is that?

Imagine if we had the same sort of patience with Fergie, what would have (not) been?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sacking him won't matter until we get a proper structure in place, especially around new contracts and signings. If we get rid I am happy to wait until Jim has sporting control.
To be honest, you're not wrong.

I just hate all the excuses made for him. We've seen other managers come in and make an instant impact (even at fecking Spurs) but he's 18 months in, all his signings are basically shit (or injured) and a style of play is no closer than fecking Mars.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly can't make it up at the moment.
Without that red we ride out a comfy 3 or 4 nil win and the pressure lifts immeasurably and Confidence is up.

Skills

Snitch
We played with 10 men for more than an entire half - and yet we only made 3 subs :lol:

One of them in the 84th minute.

Teja

Eh, I wanted him out but +1 that this is not the right game to complain about his management. Was royally fecked by the refs.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Last season we scored the most goals from subs in the league, hardly stuff of consistently bad subs.

Mount for Hojlund seemed okay, but less if Bruno wasn't replaced by someone actually providing an outlet. Could have been any of Antony, Pellistri and Martial. I kinda thought that he wanted to go for a 4-2-1-2 like that until I noticed that Bruno (or even McT) stayed on the field.

I love ETH, but sometimes with these things he is so confusing, and so stuck to his captain. Was the same with Tadic before – though at least Tadic provided some numbers, and had more variety in his game than Bruno.

Fooza

Anyone who wants us to sack this man now needs to rethink

Without that red card, we would have won that game comfortably

If we weren't fecked over by injuries especially defensively, what would have been?

This is the same man that brought our trophy drought to an end and now that he's experiencing a crisis, we want to axe him

What sort of loyalty is that?

Imagine if we had the same sort of patience with Fergie, what would have (not) been?
On this point, I still can't believe he hasn't focussed on good RB and LB in the transfer windows that he has had. Very naive and piss poor planning in his recruitment.

space

We need to keep him, I thought we were great and then the red card killed us. We fought back but the defending at the end was awful, especially from Varane. So disappointed in him. Should have played Reguilon over Dalot too.

frostbite

I can understand not rating the manager before today's game. But today, seriously? We set up very well, we showed fight despite the complete nonsense refereeing. We actually even kept the ball well for most of the game despite being 10 men down... why's Ten Hag getting blame here? Today of all games? We want to have a go at him when we played with 10 men for 60 minutes?
Playing with 10 men for 60 minutes and conceding 4 goals in those 60 minutes to a vastly inferior team.

Once plan A doesn't work, we seem completely lost, we collapse. This is on the manager.

Adamsk7

I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t have taken off the player that scored two goals when we needed a goal

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We're out if Europe anyway (most likely) sacking him would do us no good at this point in time.