Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MooseTheMooche

At any respectable organisation, a clown like that would have been fired a long time ago (after the humiliation at anfield). Blasted ridiculous money for his colleagues and plays football that makes me want to poke my eyes out. All hat no cattle as they say. Last season after the calamity vs. Liverpool he supposedly hired a team of sports psychologists to work on mentality. Worked wonders

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Just more bad luck tonight. Incredible really.
Unluckiest manager ever. Give him time.

5 years should see City ahead of us on most domestic trophies and the CL. That'll do.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It was down to player's individual mistakes overall but god knows what that Mount substitution for Hojlund was.
Hojlund was fecked and we needed somebody who would run (i.e. not Martial). Probably about as far as it goes.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don’t have much bad to say about him tonight. Subbing Hojlund off was a mistake but we played very well until the red card and would have comfortably won, it’s not his fault.
The game doesn't stop because of the red card. In fact, it's still there to be won and game management is then an even bigger factor than it was with 11 men.

We looked coherent for once, then it fell apart; it doesn't mean he should.

Dan_F

Think the most damning indictment of him and where we are as a club that even if we had our full strength 11 all season I still don’t think we’re any better off.
You don’t think we’d be better with Shaw and Martinez in that defence over Dalot and Evans? We were walking that game until the sending off.

the_cliff

We've conceded 11 goals in 4 UCL games so far.

10 men or not, conceding 4 to Copenhagen is unforgivable.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The red card is just an easy excuse tbh. Good managers have structures to their team where they can cope with a player less. We are absolutely trash in terms of a structure even with 11 so what hope do we have with 10

Zen

Think the most damning indictment of him and where we are as a club that even if we had our full strength 11 all season I still don’t think we’re any better off.
No chance this is accurate. Zero. They'd hold on today if they had Shaw and Martinez for one.

Wolfbot

Cheerio Erik, thanks for the trophy. A bit unlucky with the sending off tonight but even with 10 men we shouldn't be scoring three and losing to a shit team. All I've seen this season is the team playing poorly and nicking a win, scoring a few and conceding more or getting played off the park. It's not acceptable and it can't go on, buck stops with the manager as it's his job to motivate the team and organise them to deal with different types of games and he's shown very little this season. Not good enough, thoroughly disappointed.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Doesn’t seem capable of building resilience in them. That’s on him unfortunately.

astracrazy

Couldn't blame him tonight. Best 20 mins of the season tbh. Ref fecked is. He obviously has the dressing room still.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You don’t think we’d be better with Shaw and Martinez in that defence over Dalot and Evans? We were walking that game until the sending off.
No, because we weren’t any better when they did both play.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Unluckiest manager ever. Give him time.

5 years should see City ahead of us on most domestic trophies and the CL. That'll do.
Yeah its always luck :lol:

Squandered a 2 goal lead and then another 1 goal lead. Non-existent in-game management. But yeah, unlucky

Dannn411

Remember when we went down to 10 men?
So? Is that meant to make it any better? If I hadn't seen other teams cope well with 10 men, i'd have you guys on here telling me playing with 10 (with a two-goal lead btw) is a death sentence.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There have been some losses that have left me fuming at Ten Hag. But 11vs11 our performance was really good. In fact even 10vs11 we played really well. The Mount sub was a bit mad but we lost, mostly, because of stupid decisions by the referee and our defenders.

Adamsk7

I’m finally done with him. Half the players on the bench were players he bought. Shocking transfers and horrible subs. Those two things are constant and unforgivable

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
There is no way back for him now. Out of the CL and top 4 chances are practically zero. He only has himself to blame. Rubbish signings and rubbish tactics.

flappyjay

Which is why injury has never been a valid excuse for a poor season, because when the players are fit the level is not significantly raised. There are a good minority of posters on here making excuses for the manager at every turn. A genuinely unlucky game but 4 games bottom of the group who can you blame but the manager ?
Exactly we shouldn't have been losing at home to Galatasary. We needed Onana to save a pen in the last minute to avoid a draw at home to Copenhagen. The entire ucl campaign has been a disaster so far.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We can't. If we try we might accidentally end up in Europa which is far worse.
IF, I know its a big IF, but if we beat Galatasaray, we can beat Bayern especially as they are already through

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah its always luck :lol:

Squandered a 2 goal lead and then another 1 goal lead. Non-existent in-game management. But yeah, unlucky
He's just unlucky. If we just believe, pray and sing United Road a couple more times, in 5 years he'll do a Sir Alex. Or maybe not.

Some of you are yet to see the light but it'll come.

abailey123

For 40 minutes that’s the best football we’ve played since before the Carabao cup final. Sharp, counter attacking, build up play. We can’t lose sight of the improvement there compared to what we’ve seen over the last 2 months.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not a night for manager bashing I don't think. This wasn't on him.
Yeah, the only questionable decision was the Mount sub, but it's not hard to see the logic behind it even if it didn't come off.

We were on course to absolutely bum them before refball and individual mistakes decided the rest of the game.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So? Is that meant to make it any better? If I hadn't seen other teams cope well with 10 men, i'd have you guys on here telling me playing with 10 (with a two-goal lead btw) is a death sentence.
Making individual errors and then panicking twice is not on him

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Aside from the Mount sub, I feel for him today.

Dalot makes that mistake fortnightly now.

Not sure what's going on with Varane but he isn't playing for us anymore.