g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Tarrou

I don't see any other reason to keep him for the cup final other than some weird kinda loyalty to ETH for getting us there

feck that, I'd rather have a chance of winning a trophy

get SAF on the case!!

Telsim

I can certainly see why 54% want to see him take charge of the FA Cup Final.
I voted "Yes", and it will remains so. It's pointless to sack him now... and there's also a notable degree of morbid curiosity. I want to see just how bad Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton, and City are going to batter us? Could we surpass a -15 GD in just these 4 games? We all deserve to find out!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Putting Amass out there is not the answer we're looking for. He should have had Dalot at LB and AWB at RB.
He should have the courage of his convictions. You can't be half pregnant: Either he goes all in on his approach or he accepts he hasn't got the players and goes pragmatic.

Instead we get this halfway house where he knows he hasn't got the players, but he still tries to play his way and we end up with non footballers like Wan Bissaka moving into midfield off the ball etc.

peridigm

I’m now convinced he’s gone. We may be incompetent but there’s no degree of incompetence that would make anyone not fire him. It’s virtually impossible to be dumb enough to not fire him.
You underestimate those in charge.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He could genuinely be gone tomorrow. This is a completely demoralised team, that actually has some talent in it. The risk of losing the cup final by 5, 6 or 7 is enormous - Im not sure we can risk such global humiliation. Interim needed
Who’s coming in at such short notice? We haven’t even been linked with an interim.

Godfather

I’m now convinced he’s gone. We may be incompetent but there’s no degree of incompetence that would make anyone not fire him. It’s virtually impossible to be dumb enough to not fire him.
Under the Glazers he'd be gone tomorrow. With these new idiots on board I'm not sure. They seem to take even more time to get going.

izec

He is missing Shaw and Martinez. And time. I believe in 3 years and with the same genius tactics plus some Eredivisie rejects we will win the title. Next Fergie guaranteed.

Castia

This Palace manager came in and got them firing in the space of what 2-3 months? Bang average Palace side running rings around our lot with a system and style of play…makes you wonder…

baskinginthesun

Goals wins games, defense wins titles.

The exact opposite of that is Ten Hag football. No goals, no defense. Not a lot of anything really.

AndySmith1990

Oh look it's all going the exact way many of us predicted months ago. What a surprise.

Why the feck do we always have to end up humiliated and in shambles before the club acts, and before half the fanbase wake up and admit the manager is shit?

Same old depressing routine every single time.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He doesn't deserve the chance to manage us in the cup final. Needs to be sacked asap. Get Keane in as interim.

Pyro19

The only silver lining would be that he is found out as the mediocre manager he is and nobody touches him with a ten foot pole

Something good for the overall world of football even if it comes at our expense

binary bot
Honestly doesn't matter who we appoint in the interim - they don't need to be a long term option - the long term work should be underway in the background.

Just get someone.

SER19

Who’s coming in at such short notice? We haven’t even been linked with an interim.
I dont know, Potter?

Honestly at this point Id take somebody on a one year contract and try line up the long term replacement for end of next season.

Eli Zee

He is missing Shaw and Martinez. And time. I believe in 3 years and with the same genius tactics plus some Eredivisie rejects we will win the title. Next Fergie guaranteed.
are you a city Liverpool or Arsenal fan? Those are the only people wanting us to stick with ten hag

lilcurt

Yeah how can we judge a manager who has built this very squad for 450m
Fair point, but does he have enough of what he wanted and have the club moved on the players he didn't want?

I'm not saying keep him, I just don't know what to do. The fact that there is no manager available I can envisage coming in and being a guaranteed improvements scares me. I'd rather see half the squad sold/released.

DSG

I quite liked your sarcastic posts! Lean into it I say!!

izec

The only silver lining would be that he is found out as the mediocre manager he is and nobody touches him with a ten foot pole

Something good for the overall world of football even if it comes at our expense
He is a massive fraud, absolute red flag

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Oh look it's all going the exact way many of us predicted months ago. What a surprise.

Why the feck do we always have to end up humiliated and in shambles before the club acts, and before half the fanbase wake up and admit the manager is shit?

Same old depressing routine every single time.
This. Time and time again we throw away completely salvageable seasons based on an unfounded hope that the manager will somehow "come good" all of a sudden.

pascell

He should have the courage of his convictions. You can't be half pregnant: Either he goes all in on his approach or he accepts he hasn't got the players and goes pragmatic.

Instead we get this halfway house where he knows he hasn't got the players, but he still tries to play his way and we end up with non footballers like Wan Bissaka moving into midfield off the ball etc.
Putting a youngster out there just to show his way of football in a nothing to play for game isn't the way forward, it wouldn't be fair on Amass. Ten Hag put his trust in those he selected and they've let the club down again tonight, so it shouldn't only the the manager taking the blame for this result.

RORY65

This is the sinking of club standards people always complain about. How the hell can a club like Manchester United declare a season that hasn't even started yet a "write off"? There's absolutely no reason to write off an entire season before even a transfer window has started. This is the kind of justification that allows rampant incompetence to persist at the club. I just hope INEOS don't share your view.
We've spoken for years on here about how we need to improve the structure, we're in May and we've had a new technical director for 2 weeks, we have no director of football, no head of recruitment and a new CEO joining in July plus a squad that is utter crap and a manager who has lost the plot. That is not a good structure, hopefully we will have it by next summer. How do we build that in to a good team in 3 months?