EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I wouldn't take much from what the Caf votes. Didn't we have a massive Labour majority in the General Election?
I'd say the Caf mains are mostly pretty intelligent, working/lower-middle (is that a thing?) class peeps. So remain and Labour makes sense (again, no offence meant to any out spazzers, but that's the trend).

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Voted remain as did my Dad. Managed to convince my mum to vote remain too after I made her realise the amount of bollocks being spouted by Brexit.

Really nervous about this as I have no faith in the British public not to feck themselves over in this.

EireLemon

The Leave campaign have said the 'soft border' between the two countries would continue if we vote out. Whether that's true or not I don't know, though Ireland isn't in the Schengen Area which may be a factor.
Brilliant!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I guess you've got to stop somewhere. Hopefully some may have posted, expecting problems.
I nearly got trenchfoot today- the adverse camber of the path through the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens soaked my trainers, but summoning the spirit of Dunkirk, I battled through the District Line signalling failures to vote to 'take back control'.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Thanks, everyone who quoted me there.

My partner is at a birthday party which is over 50% immigrants from the EU. They're currently relying on me to deliver them news, whilst they get pissed and have fun.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I nearly got trenchfoot today- the adverse camber of the path through the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens soaked my trainers, but summoning the spirit of Dunkirk, I battled through the District Line signalling failures to vote to 'take back control'.
You voted leave?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I really hope ye stay. What the feck are we going to do if our biggest trade partner/ most like us neighbour isn't in the EU?
For those who don't know , I'm Irish and living there.

EireLemon

For the UK people, would you not be frustrated that it would be a lot more difficult to move to other countries in the future if you want to leave the UK? As a student, I'm considering moving abroad when I am done with education. Maybe England, Spain or the States.

HabeasC

As said earlier .Voted Remain . Just the thought of Farage ,Boris, Gove and Duncan Smith shaping UK policies.
I completely forgot IDS was a Brexiter. I think they have locked him away during the referendum to stop him from doing them damage by being his natural ignorant, hateful, incompetent self.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Regardless of the result I'm pretty happy to see such an incredibly high turn out, 70%+ is spectacular. Hopefully this will be the impetus our nation needs to be more active in its own politics.

Manny

Grammar Police
£ has strengthened after a nice rejection to the downside.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I really hope you remain, and am curious to hear the leave reasons. Genuinely interested because I don't know a lot about the situation, but seems like leaving the EU would be a mistake.

ClutchHunter

Regardless of the result I'm pretty happy to see such an incredibly high turn out, 70%+ is spectacular. Hopefully this will be the impetus our nation needs to be more active in its own politics.
Seeing the level of dialog in the debates and on my Facebook feed, I'd prefer if that weren't the case to be honest.

GloryHunter07

Thanks, everyone who quoted me there.

My partner is at a birthday party which is over 50% immigrants from the EU. They're currently relying on me to deliver them news, whilst they get pissed and have fun.
Tell them to make sure they are at the airport by 6am so we can kick them out and be great again.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
One positive for people here: a win for Remain would cut my politics thread starting capacity down to a very small number. Party politics would be over for some time.