EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Great!, now i'm agreeing with Alan Johnson. Can this get any worse?

Oh, wait, he just commended the Treasury's figures.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
From the Guardian liveblog, quote from someone in the Leave campaign:

55-45 for Remain is on the cards. But that means about as many will have voted for Brexit as voted for every government since War.
Already spinning a loss.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That was a major factor for me to vote remain too
Wouldn't be surprised if that inane #usepen campaign made a good number of people reconsider if they really want to vote along an army of loons.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
is that important? my neighbour who immigrated from Portugal is voting out...... should you only vote out if your British?
It's slighty hypocritical don't you think? Like, it's alright that I was able to immigrate to this great country, but I want to stop others from doing so...

True they might be voting for another reason and immigration is a sorry by product... but then the other reasons are mostly complete nonsense... so that's also pretty depressing.

GloryHunter07

Mum just got back from working the polling station... she said it was about 33% turn out. She also said a lot of the Asian community there were voting Leave... which really makes me despair.
Its wierd.. Ive also heard several people with immigrant backgrounds voting out.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
It's slighty hypocritical don't you think? Like, it's alright that I was able to immigrate to this great country, but I want to stop others from doing so...

True they might be voting for another reason and immigration is a sorry by product... but then the other reasons are mostly complete nonsense... so that's also pretty depressing.
Remember seeing a bit on Irish news interviewing Irish living in Britain and was laughing heartily to myself at the irony being lost on those thinking Britain should exit the EU because of immigration.

Sigma

Yep, agree with this

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Shitloads of Leave votes in my area my friend just told me who's counting, which I expected TBH

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
One positive for people here: a win for Remain would cut my politics thread starting capacity down to a very small number. Party politics would be over for some time.
Don't be a sore loser Nick, your opinions will always be respected here.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
:lol: at no-one asking IDS to sign that letter to Cameron.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Pound highest it's been for a long time. Traders confident remain's won.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

well i have no idea why the asian community near yours are voting out, asian people i know seems to be about 50/50 but have never really thought about them been voting different cos they where asian :s
my neighbour said she is doing it cos "people come here looking for a better life, but if we keep letting everyone in that better life won't exsist' and yes she admits she hypocrite lol, but she is a crazy lovely woman who smokes like chimney even though she has had cancer 4 times and is constantly bringing me and the misses cake.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don't be a sore loser Nick, your opinions will always be respected here.
I don't think it's about being a sore loser. I think it's about being entirely disillusioned with his party and not seeing any decent alternative. It's hard to get party political if your views are 'they're all useless'.