EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Boo! I like you. Your views are interesting (when they're not making me rant... actually even then).
The only reason I started commenting was I couldn't believe that how many people wanted to leave - I will never change my opinion on that - it is actual economic suicide for the Uk to leave the EU, I actually could foresee an even worse scenario than any of the scaremongers have said - you'll never get rid of xenophobia or racism , happens everywhere in all parts of society and in all countries. I hate all the lies - now whatever I say will not influence or change anything so I can categorically state that everything I said I genuinely believe, a few jokes aside

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Exit poll is very close

I thought remain was going to win pretty handily

Although I haven't really been paying much attention to it all

As usual the caf is not a real reflection according to the poll in this thread

Hammerfell

This guy on the BBC with his graphics is really enthusiastic over no information at all.
It's the highlight of his year, he was stomping around like a giant dinosaur on a map of the UK during the general election results.

Ian Duncan Smith claims he wasn't asked to sign Cameron letter

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
For those who can't view twitter, here is the letter and signatures. Put it in the OP too:

IDS on the Beeb claimed that he "wasn't asked to sign the letter", which I refuse to believe when 2/3 of the MPs backing leave have signed it.

More good news that you'd take from that is that he won't be back in government any time soon.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
They're not his party - not sure if he's ever voted Tory? Greens at the last election maybe? @Nick 0208 Ldn
I was a Tory Party member for a couple of months in the mid-2000s, and a young Lib Dem prior to that. I've voted Conservative, although only at the local level since 2010 (Labour are the incumbents and want to charge residents £50-60 extra to collect our green bin for pity sake).

Manny

Grammar Police
Well, *feck you, I got mine* is a common human baviour pattern. Many immigrants fear to be among the first to lose their recently acquired amount of humble wealth. Thus, they vote accordingly.
It's not different in other countries. The AfD, Germanys UKIP counterpart finds one of their most avid supportergroups among the russian immigrants, who we let in in 100.000s after wall came down.
Egoism is a strong driver and comes, more often than not, in company with shortsight.
I wouldn't say its that here in the UK. They get taken in by propaganda as much as anyone else and the discussions are the same.

Smores

You don't think a leave vote will pave the way for even tighter immigration laws? I think it's almost a guarantee... and when things go wrong, and they may well, the immigrants who are already here will probably be the first to be blamed.
This assertion that it's hypocritical for an immigrant wanting to Leave is based upon the idea of them closing the door behind themselves.

If you think it's hypocritical for them to want tighter immigration controls then I'd love to know the reasoning as that's something very different.

I find it a very negative accusation thrown their way

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Well, *feck you, I got mine* is a common human baviour pattern. Many immigrants fear to be among the first to lose their recently acquired amount of humble wealth. Thus, they vote accordingly.
It's not different in other countries. The AfD, Germanys UKIP counterpart finds one of their most avid supportergroups among the russian immigrants, who we let in in 100.000s after wall came down.
Egoism is a strong driver and comes, more often than not, in company with shortsight.
bit insulting sure they would argue they just want whats best for the country they live in

NinjaFletch

Jeremy Vine's graphics predicting Norfolk to vote leave.

I lived in Norwich for three years, theres about 2 immigrants in the entire county.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I wouldn't say its that here in the UK. They get taken in by propaganda as much as anyone else and the discussions are the same.
It's everywhere where humans are. Appealing to the lesser instincts, offering simple solutions to complex matters as well as convenient scapegoats works everywhere on this planet.

Boris Johnson & David Cameron give thanks after polls close

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Johnson: "The polls have now closed, democracy has been served + we await the verdict of the people. Thanks to everyone involved + everyone who voted"

https://www.facebook.com/DavidCameronOfficial/posts/1218229621534687

Cameron: "Thank you everyone who voted to keep Britain stronger, safer and better off in Europe - and to the thousands of Remain campaigners around the UK."

Top comment: