EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My mums telling me some cracking stories of Leave voters thinking that's it's all a giant fix, and people demanding pens... one leave voter came to there just to tell them she refused to vote because she knew the result was fixed already :lol:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Pretty much every ethnic minority that emigrated to the UK has been blamed by sections of the population for crap politics at some point in the 60 years.

Lessons from history and all that...
im confused why would them been blamed make them vote out?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Plenty of fighting within the Conservatives to talk about?
From an objective perspective perhaps, but i'll be even more jaded and cynical than i already was. And when i think back to my ballot paper from last year's GE, it would now require the introduction of a new party for me to vote in 2020. I've never liked Osborne, and Cameron's been pissing me off sine the Autumn of 2010. While i voted Green in 2015, their manifesto was terribly amateurish (i don't trust Caroline Lucas and she could be leader).

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My mums telling me some cracking stories of Leave voters thinking that's it's all a giant fix, and people demanding pens... one leave voter came to there just to tell them she refused to vote because she knew the result was fixed already :lol:
I asked for a pen too!

NinjaFletch

From an objective perspective perhaps, but i'll be even more jaded and cynical than i already was. And when i think back to my ballot paper from last year's GE, it would now require the introduction of a new party for me to vote in 2020. I've never liked Osborne, and Cameron's been pissing me off sine the Autumn of 2010. While i voted Green in 2015, their manifesto was terribly amateurish (i don't trust Caroline Lucas and she could be leader).
At least you had the choice to vote for them. I was inclined to vote that way (but actually had decided against it precisely because of their manifesto) but then found out they weren't fielding a candidate here anyway.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I don't think it's about being a sore loser. I think it's about being entirely disillusioned with his party and not seeing any decent alternative. It's hard to get party political if your views are 'they're all useless'.
They're not his party - not sure if he's ever voted Tory? Greens at the last election maybe? @Nick 0208 Ldn

Smores

It's slighty hypocritical don't you think? Like, it's alright that I was able to immigrate to this great country, but I want to stop others from doing so...

True they might be voting for another reason and immigration is a sorry by product... but then the other reasons are mostly complete nonsense... so that's also pretty depressing.
Only if you believe that a vote to Leave is akin to simply closing the door to all EU immigration. I'm not sure where you've got that impression tbh as it's not been any policy discussed.

You're basically saying it's hypocritical because they came during a time of no controls they shouldn't want any controls?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How do the people who count the votes get that job? Do they get paid?

I'd like to do it next time during an election. Anyone know?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
As I hate politics the EU referendum is the only political thread I will comment on - unless BringBackNani starts an Animal Farm conspiracy thread
Boo! I like you. Your views are interesting (when they're not making me rant... actually even then).

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Think they just volunteer. Someone I went to school with is doing it (and was at polling station all day). Will ask her if you don't get a response.

Tarrou

The only thing I really trust in this world is Betfair. Currently 1.1 to remain, 9.6 to leave.

DOTA

They're not his party - not sure if he's ever voted Tory? Greens at the last election maybe? @Nick 0208 Ldn
He did vote Green! As @Silva put it once 'probably so he had a wacky story tell down the pub'. In a perfect world he'd have a Tory party that actually cared about the things he does, though.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I personally think the high turnout is bad news for Remain
A rule of thumb is that beneath 65% is probably better for Leave, between 65-80% is probably better for Remain, and above 80% is probably better for Leave.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Don't be a sore loser Nick, your opinions will always be respected here.
Oh i'd still talk about causes, just not in the context of a Westminster party that i could in all good conscience support. I've never been one of those tribal type of voters, where you could pin a rosette to a bottle of Volvic and that would answer the purpose.

I suppose if it looked like Osborne was going to the new Tory leader, i might engage in some entryism. But merely to derail that reptile's ambitions.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Think they just volunteer. Someone I went to school with is doing it (and was at polling station all day). Will ask her if you don't get a response.
Thanks! If you can remember, pls ask her and also let me know!

DOTA

A rule of thumb is that beneath 65% is probably better for Leave, between 65-80% is probably better for Remain, and above 80% is probably better for Leave.
Is there a logic to this one?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Depends who you know I think. My friends in laws are involved in this sort of stuff so she got asked if she wanted to do it. £80 for the night too Ithink she said

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'd have thought the opposite honestly, the leave lot have been waiting for this and I thought they would all be out anyway, and that a high turnout means the remain lot decided that this was really important.

I also don't know shit so who knows.

NinjaFletch

Tom Watson nodding off at the sound of IDS pretending to care about low income voters. Correct response imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Only if you believe that a vote to Leave is akin to simply closing the door to all EU immigration. I'm not sure where you've got that impression tbh as it's not been any policy discussed.

You're basically saying it's hypocritical because they came during a time of no controls they shouldn't want any controls?
You don't think a leave vote will pave the way for even tighter immigration laws? I think it's almost a guarantee... and when things go wrong, and they may well, the immigrants who are already here will probably be the first to be blamed.

bri2013

Quite a lot of them work for the council and volunteer as overtime. I know this because my wife's son does it.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Is there a logic to this one?
Higher younger turnout better for Remain in general, and higher working class turnout (in terms of the more unlikely voters) probably better for Leave.

Giggsy92

So according to YouGov 7% of UKIP voters voted remain... How does that work?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
well i have no idea why the asian community near yours are voting out, asian people i know seems to be about 50/50 but have never really thought about them been voting different cos they where asian :s
my neighbour said she is doing it cos "people come here looking for a better life, but if we keep letting everyone in that better life won't exsist' and yes she admits she hypocrite lol, but she is a crazy lovely woman who smokes like chimney even though she has had cancer 4 times and is contactually bringing me and the misses cake.
Well, *feck you, I got mine* is a common human baviour pattern. Many immigrants fear to be among the first to lose their recently acquired amount of humble wealth. Thus, they vote accordingly.
It's not different in other countries. The AfD, Germanys UKIP counterpart finds one of their most avid supportergroups among the russian immigrants, who we let in in 100.000s after wall came down.
Egoism is a strong driver and comes, more often than not, in company with shortsight.

DOTA

Higher younger turnout better for Remain in general, and higher working class turnout (in terms of the more unlikely voters) probably better for Leave.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This guy on the BBC with his graphics is really enthusiastic over no information at all.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I think it's basically impossible to say who it favours. In General Elections you can get a 'shy Tory' factor, but that effect could go either way here. On the one hand, there may be a lot of people who haven't been vocal in their support for Remain but are happy with the status quo. But on the other, there could be a left-wing Brexit vote that feels embarrassed to be associated with certain elements of that campaign such as UKIP and immigration. It'll be very interesting to see which way it goes.