EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I completely forgot IDS was a Brexiter. I think they have locked him away during the referendum to stop him from doing them damage by being his natural ignorant, hateful, incompetent self.
An anagram of his name is Simian Hand Cunt.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah no exit poll this time. We should get a good idea around 6-7am.
Yeah thats what usually happens in votes. Tends to be Sunderland who declare first though.
Yeah, authority by authority.

Better than waiting for everyone to count before releasing any results!
Didn't expect them to do it for this. It's like some kind of (even more) sadistic X Factor.

Why are Newcastle aiming to be first? I know a girl counting there.

Oo0AahCantona

I really hope you remain, and am curious to hear the leave reasons. Genuinely interested because I don't know a lot about the situation, but seems like leaving the EU would be a mistake.
There arent really any leave reasons, just a lot of huurr durr immigration and factually inaccurate financial statistics

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Mum just got back from working the polling station... she said it was about 33% turn out. She also said a lot of the Asian community there were voting Leave... which really makes me despair.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
One positive for people here: a win for Remain would cut my politics thread starting capacity down to a very small number. Party politics would be over for some time.
Reminds me, been meaning to admit to you that I got this one wrong - with my continuous 'it won't be close' posts, in response to yours, over the last couple of years.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Remain, and not just because my girlfriend is Swedish either.

Given the recent terror attacks in Europe it is more important now than ever that 'we' band together. The EU is definitely not perfect but the solution is not to just try to break away and pursue an isolationist policy. The only arguments I have seen from the leave campaign have been 'immigrants' and the bullshit-£350m/week figure that I have had posted through my letter box at least three times within the last week.

I am quietly confident that it will be a case of the silent majority winning the vote (Remain). Similarly to the Scottish independence referendum 18 months ago, it is those who are trying to upset the status quo that tend to make the most noise.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sheeple, this United States of Europe thingy was predicted in The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail.
Keep watching the pens...or something.

Drifter

American
Didn't expect them to do it for this. It's like some kind of (even more) sadistic X Factor.

Why are Newcastle aiming to be first? I know a girl counting there.
Nothing more than bragging rights really.

Sigma

I never understood this race to be the first to declare thing. Why do they care so much?

Manny

Grammar Police
I really hope you remain, and am curious to hear the leave reasons. Genuinely interested because I don't know a lot about the situation, but seems like leaving the EU would be a mistake.
Mainly people who don't understand economics, issues with immigration, excessive spending cuts and Boris Johnson playing up nationalism.

All pretty damning of the Tories to let it get this bad.

Xeno

The North will inevitably vote communist leave, but South England + Wales + Scotland will win it for remain.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Reminds me, been meaning to admit to you that I got this one wrong - with my continuous 'it won't be close' posts, in response to yours, over the last couple of years.
No worries, we were all guessing up to a point (and applying our respective politics).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I used to be addicted to the hokey cokey but I turned it around.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I never understood this race to be the first to declare thing. Why do they care so much?
People humiliate themselves on national TV in contests to see who has the best dancing dog. Why would this be a surprise?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Seeing the level of dialog in the debates and on my Facebook feed, I'd prefer if that weren't the case to be honest.
its been disgusting through the whole way through, my girlfriend put on hers the other day she wasnt sure, had some worryes about immigration, can any one advice, did she get helpful advice, quelling her fears? nope she got called a racist and a right wing lemming, in the space of about 10 mins..... and all she asked for was advice....... and i no people have been told they "arnt british" for voting remain.......the hole thing has really made ask whats wrong with people.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Surely there's an easier way to count votes in 2016.
Perhaps, but there still isn't a more trustworthy one than handcounting. Over here in Germany(and I think all other major european states, too) we also do it the old fashioned way.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Voted remain as did my Dad. Managed to convince my mum to vote remain too after I made her realise the amount of bollocks being spouted by Brexit.

Really nervous about this as I have no faith in the British public not to feck themselves over in this.
My mum-in-law is 80, she likes her kind Polish carers who look after her at home. She voted remain, I posted her vote a couple of weeks ago. Yay, old person voting "remain". :lol:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
That letter is damaging in itself. They were going to back Cameron and Osborne either way? Foxtrot Oscar.