EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
The name-calling lost it for Remain. I think most of the Leavers knew it made economic sense to stay, but every time someone called them racist, stupid, little Englander, or too old to be allowed to vote, then a few more said well feck you.
That reflects badly for leavers. fecking up their own future just to say feck you to someone else is moronic. If anyone genuinely did that it just proves that they are actually stupid.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
The FTSE 100 Index saw more than £120bn wiped off the value of its constituent companies in the first few minutes of trading after the UK voted to quit the EU.

It was one of the biggest falls in the index's 32-year history, as it dropped by around 500 points, or more than 7%.
That's alright, we're saving $350 Million a week from our EU membership fees so we'll have made that £120b loss back within 8 years

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I know that a large amount of Leave voters were from the older population but I think they've massively underestimated how many young people were behind leave outside of some of the major cities.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm genuinely devastated by the result, in a way I don't think I have ever been with an election result before.

And not particularly sure I want to stay and keep my family here anymore.

VanGaalEra

Depressing, I'm genuinely shocked.

Boris as PM
Trump as President
Scotland for Independence
Pound at its lowest for decades.

We're fecked.

Manny

Grammar Police
Nigel Farage has already said this morning on TV that the 350 million was a mistake and that he can't guarantee it's going to the NHS.
He'll be back tracking on the immigration issues soon too when we can't negotiate trade deals.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
The Ftse is going to open down 8-10%. Falls like that once a generation. @McLovin where's that leveraged Vix ETF when you need it?
:lol:

Insane moves there. I'm short the S&P so will be getting paid some cash today. Crazy though.

NinjaFletch

There is something worst,a snap General Election and Farage getting in power, now that is really scary.
My prediction would be that UKIP get wiped out.

There's no need for them anymore. They're a single issue party that don't have a single issue to run on.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
At least in a few years when the economy has gone to shit, you can smugly laud over the Leave voters. I know the cafe enjoys a good ol smug hindsight lauding.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Does that work both ways? Was there and would there have been the same respect for people who were genuinely concerned about the future in EU which is effectively an institution that takes important issues like the economy, immigration, labour conditions away from democratic control?
Why are you talking in hypotheticals? and why did you even bother replying, other than to be obtuse? At least I wont be able to see any of your future replies.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
That reflects badly for leavers. fecking up their own future just to say feck you to someone else is moronic. If anyone genuinely did that it just proves that they are actually stupid.
I agree but you can say that about plenty of people regardless of which way they vote and not just on this issue either. People come up with all sorts of daft reasons as to why they vote the way they do. And even for many of us that have done some research, regardless of which way we've voted it's difficult to make an informed decision due to the amount of spin and outright lies being peddled.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
At least in a few years when the economy has gone to shit, you can smugly laud over the Leave voters. I know the cafe enjoys a good ol smug hindsight lauding.
There'll be no lauding or smugness if the economy goes to shit and our right wing has free rein to do as they wish.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Why are you talking in hypotheticals? and why did you even bother replying, other than to be obtuse? At least I wont be able to see any of your future replies.
Your replie seemed to implie that the remainers have the monopoly on beeing really concerned and the Brexiteers are just having fun. I think this vote was about democracy and therefore very serious for everybody.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It wasn't real money anyway, just expectations of other people's expectations. Let's not worry about these bookies disguised as useful financial institutions.
The stock market isn't necessarily real money no (though it has very real impacts on our economy).

The value of the Sterling does have a very very real meaning though.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
[Serious]

Would the Northern Irish posters on here be okay if we shared sovereignty with Ireland whilst we sort this out?

Jerch

Britain you are officially mad/stupid, but no worries, you are not alone. In cases like this I wonder if democracy is the right way because people with no brains have the same power.

mu77

Expectations of other expectations translates into real money.
this - UK workers ready to retire - wake up have your tea you'll be working (the not work shy amongst you) for a few extra years (10) to make back the money lost.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Looking at the results the conclusion basically the elderly and the working class voted leave... the most xenophobic and/or ignorant of th society... Depressing.

The real root of the problem is the gigantic widening gap between the have and have nots in Britain. And the ironic thing is that now governments will have the freedom to screw the have nots over more than they have ever been able too since WWII. Yet, is was exactly the have nots who voted leave.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Looking at the results the conclusion basically the elderly and the working class voted leave... the most xenophobic and/or ignorant of th society... Depressing.

The real root of the problem is the gigantic widening gap between the have and have nots in Britain. And the ironic thing is that now governments will have the freedom to screw the have nots over more than they have ever been able too since WWII. Yet, is was exactly the have nots who voted leave.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If Cameron had any balls he'd have used the impact on the market and the value of the pound, as well as the very fast backtracking of Fromage on the fundamental issue of his campaign to say feck the result and veto.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Your replie seemed to implie that the remainers have the monopoly on beeing really concerned and the Brexiteers are just having fun. I think this vote was about democracy and therefore very serious for everybody.
He already said he'd blocked you..you are now conversing with yourself. :rolleyes: