F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

pauldyson1uk

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have escaped further punishment after their collision on the first lap of the Spanish GP resulted in both Mercedes cars crashing out.

After Rosberg overtook the pole-sitting Hamilton off the line, the pair clashed as world champion Hamilton strove to regain the lead at Turn Four.

Both drivers were summoned to face the stewards after the race but escaped without punishment with their clash adjudged to have been a racing incident.

"He had made a mistake and started in the wrong engine setting," said Hamilton. "Before the race we have to pick which engine setting and there is only one, maximum power, and he hadn't gone to that. So he derated at that point and it meant that he lost about 180 bhp.

"I was catching him and as I was catching he wasn't on the racing line. As a racing driver when you are going 17kph faster you go for the gap."
But Rosberg remained adamant that he had done nothing wrong.

"I was aware of the situation an
Mercedes chief Niki Lauda initially described the crash as "unacceptable" and "completely unnecessary".

However, team boss Toto Wolff refused to pin the blame on either driver.

"We talked to both drivers, it is not a clear cut. It is a very difficult situation,". "They are both pretty upset. Of course they have their perspective, we need to talk to them again, look at the pictures, look at the data and then avoid this in the future."
d saw Lewis coming closer, so I went for the usual racing driver action of closing the inside line and closing the door as early as I could. I made it very clear I wasn't going to leave any space on the inside and I was very surprised he went for the gap anyway,"

NK86

Can see your point but for me Lewis had more speed off the corner and was entitled to go for it. Not saying Lewis was blameless but Nico was more to blame, he shoud'ov used his mirrors.
Having more speed has nothing to do with that or any incident. It is pure stupidity. Many times drivers with more speed have to back out of moves because there is no space to go through. If everyone feels they should go through just because have more pace at a cornet, we will have cars running into each other at every corner.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Cant help thinking that Ricciardo should have won the race.

Standings after Race 5

pauldyson1uk

Has expected this week total disaster, I dropped 6 places.

1st eric cartman Cartman 376
2nd thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 343
3rd scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 334
4th christy87 Langers on a mission 332
5th krits teabagggers 327
6th panther F1 326
7th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 324
8th giggsy92 TeamRocket 322
9th skulkrinbait Charge! 322
10th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 317
11th saforrest Wicked_badgers 314
12th leg-end Better Call Bernie 311
13th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 311
14th uniquim Toyota F1 307
15th highoncaf Enzo's Red 287
16th dargonk Dargon's crew 282
17th dante dante 279
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 279
19th impulse Team 3 277
20th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 268
21st rpitroda Spasian Racing 266
22nd sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 265
23rd edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 263
24th thebest191 TheBest 260

spwd

Nice to see I moved up 5 places, also I think it was 100% Rosbergs fault, he moved over giving Lewis nowhere to go, who was going for the overtake having a lot better drive out of the previous corner.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Having Max in my team paid off! On a sidenote, I am still giddy about it. The Dutch commentator has been in the business for a long time and he choked up during the last few corners before Max took it home, was incredible to hear.

Impulse

I started the season with Vettel, Raikkonen and Verstappen but swapped them out for Hamilton, Rosberg and Ricciardo. feck!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This isn't as intense a rivalry as Senna and Prost but you can see shades of it between Nico and Lewis in terms of teammates fighting it out.

pauldyson1uk

Monaco GP tyre selections
Driver Soft tyres Supersoft tyres Ultrasoft tyres
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton 1 2 10
Mercedes: Nico Rosberg 1 2 10
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel 2 2 9
Ferrari: Kimi Raikkonen 2 2 9
Williams: Felipe Massa 2 4 7
Williams: Valtteri Bottas 2 4 7
Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo 1 2 10
Red Bull: Max Verstappen 1 2 10
Force India: Sergio Perez 3 3 7
Force India: Nico Hulkenberg 3 3 7
Renault: Kevin Magnussen 1 2 10
Renault: Jolyon Palmer 1 3 9
Toro Rosso: Daniil Kvyat 3 3 7
Toro Rosso: Carlos Sainz 3 3 7
McLaren: Fernando Alonso 1 5 7
McLaren: Jenson Button 1 5 7
Sauber: Marcus Ericsson 1 4 8
Sauber: Felipe Nasr 1 4 8
Manor: Pascal Wehrlein 2 5 6
Manor: Rio Haryanto 2 5 6
Haas: Romain Grosjean 1 3 9
Haas: Esteban Gutierrez 1 3 9

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I didn't watch the race but seeing the video it looks pretty clear that Hamilton caused the incident. That said, it was a racing incident and I think the decision to take no further action was fair.

Sigma

Monaco GP tyre selections
Driver Soft tyres Supersoft tyres Ultrasoft tyres
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton 1 2 10
Mercedes: Nico Rosberg 1 2 10
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel 2 2 9
Ferrari: Kimi Raikkonen 2 2 9
Williams: Felipe Massa 2 4 7
Williams: Valtteri Bottas 2 4 7
Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo 1 2 10
Red Bull: Max Verstappen 1 2 10
Force India: Sergio Perez 3 3 7
Force India: Nico Hulkenberg 3 3 7
Renault: Kevin Magnussen 1 2 10
Renault: Jolyon Palmer 1 3 9
Toro Rosso: Daniil Kvyat 3 3 7
Toro Rosso: Carlos Sainz 3 3 7
McLaren: Fernando Alonso 1 5 7
McLaren: Jenson Button 1 5 7
Sauber: Marcus Ericsson 1 4 8
Sauber: Felipe Nasr 1 4 8
Manor: Pascal Wehrlein 2 5 6
Manor: Rio Haryanto 2 5 6
Haas: Romain Grosjean 1 3 9
Haas: Esteban Gutierrez 1 3 9
Ultrasoft tires? Never heard of them before, is it new for this season?

I didn't watch the race but seeing the video it looks pretty clear that Hamilton caused the incident. That said, it was a racing incident and I think the decision to take no further action was fair.
I've got to disagree. Like you said it was probably right that no further action was taken, but Rosberg should take more of the blame, and I'm a Massa fan :lol:

Sigma

If they really want to mix it up they should bring tires that have a bigger difference between them. Instead of just going 1 down the pecking order like ultrasoft, super soft, soft they should try ultrasoft, medium hard. That would make for vastly different strategies and could end up bringing a brilliant race. But I guess, the racing at the moment has been very entertaining this season so if it aint broke don't fix it.

pauldyson1uk

FP1 has been red flagged and will not restart, Nico car lifted a drain cover and Buttons car was damages by it.
A drain cover had come loose, if that had happened in the race could've been nasty

Last edited:

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Bite the bullet....I'm pleased I went a few years ago and I'm lucky I suppose that I get to Monaco a few times a year so I don't feel the need to go to another GP there anytime soon. Stay in Nice and get the train in. Use the official site to select the seat you want. Take earplugs and enjoy the day.

Giggsy92

Looking good for Ricciardo, hope starting on the super softs doesn't come back to haunt him.