F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

mu77

looked like rosberg reacted to the move late. there was a gap and rosberg closed the door -the race is on.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
What is Brundle on about, they've cakewalked 2 titles and soon to be 3 with this extremely competitive lineup, why would you choose one over the other? There's always been needle but to have only crashed twice in 2 and bit years is pretty good.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Can see your point but for me Lewis had more speed off the corner and was entitled to go for it. Not saying Lewis was blameless but Nico was more to blame, he shoud'ov used his mirrors.
Aye but Nico is moving across to the right (from his PoV) after taking the corner naturally. Lewis should have shot up the left hand side of the track if he wanted to move there and then. He chose wrong and went right into an ever decreasing channel against Nico's natural movement. At that point Nico has every right to continue closing that off because he's in front and while his track position is being contested for, it's nowhere near close enough to make adjustments for Lewis' over commitment. Lewis chose wrong and at that speed left himself with only grass to drive on for me. From there it's done. The inevitability of a collision was obvious to us all.

I'm totally with Nikki Lauder than the Martin Brundle version here. Probably the first time ever I don't agree with Brundle, mind.

mu77

Aye but Nico is moving across to the right (from his PoV) after taking the corner naturally. Lewis should have shot up the left hand side of the track if he wanted to move there and then. He chose wrong and went right into an ever decreasing channel against Nico's natural movement. At that point Nico has every right to continue closing that off because he's in front and while his track position is being contested for, it's nowhere near close enough to make adjustments for Lewis' over commitment. Lewis chose wrong and at that speed left himself with only grass to drive on for me. From there it's done. The inevitability of a collision was obvious to us all.

I'm totally with Nikki Lauder than the Martin Brundle here. Probably the first time ever I don't agree with Brundle, mind.

the gap was on the right. in racing you go for the gap. and if you don't go for the gap - retire.

ArmchairCritic

Rosberg can't have realised how much quicker Lewis was because if he covers off the right and Lewis stays left he probably would have gotten past easily, but Lewis being behind has to make a split second decision or risk rear-ending Rosberg in the presumption he takes the racing line and it looks like they both made the decision at near enough the same time to move to the same side. From there it's too late for Lewis to move anywhere.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
the gap was on the right. in racing you go for the gap. and if you don't go for the gap - retire.
The gap was there, but it was already closing when he went for it. That's why neither should be punished for me, Lewis had every right to try but it simply turned out to be the wrong call.

Rosberg can't have realised how much quicker Lewis was because if he covers off the right and Lewis stays left he probably would have gotten past easily, but Lewis being behind has to make a split second decision or risk rear-ending Rosberg in the presumption he takes the racing line and it looks like they both made the decision at near enough the same time to move to the same side. From there it's too late for Lewis to move anywhere.
Yep.

ArmchairCritic

If Rosberg knew Hamilton was that close it is likely he'd have stayed left and try to undercut Lewis off the exit of the turn and hope Lewis out-braked himself, it looks like he was just making the logical preemptive move to the cover the overtake without realising how close Lewis was. Lewis would naturally go to that side too, that was the overtaking line, they both moved at the same time unfortunately.

mu77

Hamilton will leave. he's been f'd over by the boys at benz.

like to get another look to see if rosberg made a double move?

ArmchairCritic

I can see Lewis not veing with Mercedes next season.
I don't subscribe to that, there's nowhere for Lewis to go and there's no one out there for Merc who won't threaten Rosberg as much unless they want to go for Wehrlein maybe. I think Rosberg will win the title, Lewis will calm down and then next season we'll have a good old shoot-out. Also I think Mercedes will be stupid for letting Hamilton go, could you imagine Ferrari with Vettel and Hamilton, if you can avoid something like that happening then you make sure you do.

Leg-End

Rosberg has history of moves like that, he made this one very late too. Unfortunate timing I reckon, Hamilton committed just as Rosberg defended, Hamilton was always going to go for that gap.

Harsh to blame either really, But if Lauda thinks that's Hamiltons fault I'm amazed and it could be the beginning of the end.

Giggsy92

Verstappen's going to win this isn't he? An 18 year old grand prix winner, depressing as feck.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
First time in ages I genuinely don't know who is going to win two-thirds into the race.

What is RIC doing?

mu77

deffo a rosberg feck up. line was left he defends that first then cuts right into hamilton's line. he fecked it.

Sigma

And on the First lap Merc collision, for me Rosberg takes the majority of the blame.