F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Uniquim

Haas v Ferrari on the straight.

Last edited:

Uniquim

Perez into the wall (almost identical to Ricciardo, posted earlier)

Hamilton losing grip at high speed

Massa taps the wall

Pitlane drain break Bottas' car

and going by events from the GP2 race, we're going to be in for a treat! :drool:

Uniquim

I was going to ask that , wht happened in the gp2 race ? after most of the race was behind the safety car and under yellow flags.
Here's a copied write-up, which was pretty good with an angle at what might happen in the F1 race.

-----------

The GP2 race was a thriller untill the end. I just wanted to make a few points about what we can expect and not expect for the F1 race.

• Expect lots of overtakes: We have seen a ton of overtaking in the feature race, and 3-wide racing into T1. This is a consequence of the very long blast from T16 up untill T1, together with DRS.

• T3 as a big opportunity for overtaking: Not only T1, but also T3 was a great place to overtake, another long straight with DRS.

• First corner carnage: in GP2 we saw lots of cars making contact. This is a result of the wide entry, and the runoff area being limited in length. If cars go wide, they don't have a lot of space to rejoin, with the barriers squeezing them back in.

• Lots of safety cars: Since the track is very narrow at some points and has an unforgiving nature, the safety car will have a busy day. We did not see the VSC in GP2, mainly because of what happened in Monaco 3 weeks ago, where Markelov won from P15 thanks to the timing of the VSC. I expect the VSC to be used a lot more in the F1 race, because in Monaco it proved to be very effective once again.

• A lot of different strategies: Most of the teams said that the race will be a one- or two-stopper. This will be the case if it is a clean race, we won't see many different strategies. But since I expect a lot of VSC's, I think many teams will take advantage of it to pit under VSC. Since overtaking here is quite easy, I think we will see lots of teams taking the gamble and using an aggressive strategy.

• Real overtaking opportunity after a SC restart: We saw lots of overtaking at the SC restarts. The leader will have to time his restart perfectly to make sure nobody can challenge him into T1.

• Fighting for positions untill the last second: In the GP2 race we saw Sirotkin passing Marciello right before the finish line, with only a tenth seperating the 2nd and 3rd place. We could be the same in F1, with DRS, the lead of the race might change at the last seconds. Last lap.

----

Also only 10 cars finished the GP2 race. :lol:

Norris

Where is the race being held this weekend? The track is incredibly narrow. Ferrari disappointing in Q2 :(

Last edited:

Norris

Perez has a 5 place grid penalty though. Shame, doubt he'd be able to overtake Rosberg anyway. Ferrari better get their act together.

Uniquim

Trivia question (don't google it, its a random fact that I have remembered forever.) Name the 3 drivers who set identical qualifying times at a previous European GP
European GP isn't that old, so I'm a hazard a guess that Schumacher was probably one of them. Not saying which Schumacher to increase my chances :p

------

also, Hamilton post quali interview:

Norris

Trivia question (don't google it, its a random fact that I have remembered forever.) Name the 3 drivers who set identical qualifying times at a previous European GP
The commentator just mentioned this, and said it wasn't too long ago. I'm guessing Schumi (Michael), Coulthard and Kimi ?