g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I have been watching F1 for 50 years (yeah: do the math) and I have never experienced boredom such as I have suffered in the last few years: yes, maybe since Vettal dominated. They are not going to bring in a younger crowd with the product they are airing now. Get rid of Bernie. The sport needs new blood managing it.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
The biggest change in F1 is the fact that the teams and engineers run the sport now: they determine the winners basically. The drivers have been made to be second class. I believe this has contributed to the drop in viewership.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I say this every year but I'm hoping next year is better. The changes should mean that those behind on engine development can catch up increasing competitiveness. The changes around tyres should reduce the need to drive slowly to save them - short term fixes but a step forwards.

We have been robbed of an epic battle between the likes of Vettel, Hamilton, and Alonso. That said, McLaren and Ferrari have been poor considering their budget and experience so they can't just blame management.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
I have been watching F1 for 50 years (yeah: do the math) and I have never experienced boredom such as I have suffered in the last few years: yes, maybe since Vettal dominated. They are not going to bring in a younger crowd with the product they are airing now. Get rid of Bernie. The sport needs new blood managing it.
This year all the races have been excellent or at least very enjoyable until today, and for different race, some were full of action and incidents, others were great tacticle battles where the smallest of errors would be decisive. Today was just a poorly designed circuit, especially in combination with Mercedes power and DRS.

Of course the Mercedes domination is a problem, but the end is in sight and their drivers are always prepared to bottle it or just beeing immature and silly. Vettel had only one and half season of domination, two of his titles took an excellent drive in the last race and in the other two seasons it was more about others in competitive cars messing it up in the end than the RBR beeing unbeatable.

The biggest change in F1 is the fact that the teams and engineers run the sport now: they determine the winners basically. The drivers have been made to be second class. I believe this has contributed to the drop in viewership.
It's quite obvious who Mercedes wants to win the WC but they are not fully in control, they just help a bit. And it has always been an engineer's sport, only if the car is within a small margin of the best car, a driver can make the difference, and only a few really do.

The past is always romanticised, but in the eighties and large parts of the nineties and 00's it wasn't as entertaining as it is now.

Standings after Race 8

pauldyson1uk

Standings after Race 8

Few changes this week, top 2 remain the same, giggsy92 had a cracking race jumped from 9th to 4th , christy87 goes up one place to 3rd , panther F1 dropped a couple to 5th.
Not a good week for screech44 dropping from 6th to 10th same for leg-end dropping from 10th to 14th.
Next race is Austria 3rd July.

Pos

Manager Team Points
1st eric cartman Cartman 583
2nd scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 562
3rd christy87 Langers on a mission 557
4th giggsy92 TeamRocket 555
5th panther F1 551
6th krits teabagggers 546
7th saforrest Wicked_badgers 527
8th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 526
9th uniquim Toyota F1 522
10th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 521
11th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 516
12th dargonk Dargon's crew 513
13th impulse Team 3 502
14th leg-end Better Call Bernie 497
15th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 497
16th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 495
17th dante dante 489
18th highoncaf Enzo's Red 484
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 470
20th thebest191 TheBest 463
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 444
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 439
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 422

Last edited:

spwd

Vettel has always been one of the more personable drivers. His top gear interview was excellent
Always seemed an ass to me, he'd be funny but then have to get a dig in at someone, perhaps he's mellowed.

RedFish

Yeah. I do like him. He comes across as an articulate, intelligent and often funny guy. Hate his finger routine though we haven't seen too much of that in recent times!