F1 2017 Season

GloryHunter07

How did Seb ram into Hamilton? Both hands in the air and the car swerved or he truly steered towards Hamilton? Couldn't see from my stream.

Hamilton is a dick for breaking there though, pure Coulthard vs Schumacher incident
Pretty sure he had one hand on the wheel.

His car clearly swerved into Hamilton, very much doubt it was an accident.

Xeno

Seb trying to defend himself :lol: Dick!
Haha, opinions on that will be tribal. If you're team LH, you'll think Seb should have been black flagged, likewise if you're Forza Ferrari you'll think Lewis was being a bellend brake testing him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Seb hinted that it was deliberate. What do the apologists make of that?
In short, Hamilton knew what he was doing and is a dickhead, Vettel should have known better and not overreacted in such a manner.

Fully Fledged

Haha, opinions on that will be tribal. If you're team LH, you'll think Seb should have been black flagged, likewise if you're Forza Ferrari you'll think Lewis was being a bellend brake testing him.
He didn't break he just didn't speed up it's up to Seb to make sure there is a gap between him and the car in front. after that Seb deliberately turned into him.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Whilst Seb is correct in mentioning Lewis' previous erratic behaviour (basically each restart is different so Seb can't figure out where to speed up) under SC restarts, he should perhaps remember he also has history getting too close under SC conditions, in fact he got too close to the Safety Car once (Hungary IIRC) and was penalised for it. Also Japan 2007.

It's hard to police this other than making the lead car the safety car under such conditions, notice Perez didn't get sucked into this either, it was just Seb being super aggressive trying to not get beaten under the SC for the 3rd time in a row. Also I don't think he deliberately rammed Hamilton, one hand off the wheel etc. Just draw a line under it and carry on. Although I do think Seb's penalty was influenced by the prospect of him inheriting the win when Hamilton pitted. Seb either had to get no penalty or a severe one if they felt he'd driven into Hamilton deliberately.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.

Confirmation of Vettel's 3 penalty points which means he's one misdemeanour away from a one race ban, which would damage #F1 title bid
Apparently two of those points expire by Silverstone.

Mister_Stubbs

Lewis Hamilton, once a cock always a cock. He knew what he was doing, he broke whether Lewis fanboys (buzz word of the weekend) agree or not. Stupid from Seb to do what he did afterwards. You can't react like that and deserves his punishment.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is there any word on Bottas getting a penalty? It flashed up in the race his and Kimi's incident was 'noted', whatever the hell that means.
Can't see him being penalised. He hit the curb and bounced.
Just bad luck.

ArmchairCritic

All of our eyes lied to us then because watching that it sure as hell looked like Lewis slowed right down coming out of the corner.
Except for the eyes of former racing-driver David Coulthard. You're not really going to argue against the telemetry are you?

ArmchairCritic

Vettel's behaviour post-incident was probably worse. I imagine the car drifted slightly with him having one hand on the wheel, so the 10 second stop-go is in line with that. However the reluctance to accept any penalty and insist someone brake checked him when the data shows he did not is very poor form. For a F1 car to brake check at such a slow speed, Hamilton would have near enough stopped dead.

EDIT:
The again he came out with some tripe about being men as something to legitimise his reaction, so I think Seb ultimately is very lucky he did not get a bigger penalty.

Last edited:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Lewis Hamilton, once a cock always a cock. He knew what he was doing, he broke whether Lewis fanboys (buzz word of the weekend) agree or not. Stupid from Seb to do what he did afterwards. You can't react like that and deserves his punishment.
Vettel just decided to accelerate. His mistake since it is up to the car behind to not rearend someone. The sideswipe looked pretty deliberate to me. I wonder if there is an on board view?

GloryHunter07

Hamilton is in first place, in probably a quicker car, looking at an comfortable win . What possible motive would he brake test and have Vettel run into his diffuser, risking a penalty and damage to his car?
Um maybe to get the best possible restart?!

Build a gap to the safety car, keep Vettel guessing and then put his foot down?

muller

I literally cannot believe anyone is seriously trying to defend Vettel here.

BIGbadBOO4

I literally cannot believe anyone is seriously trying to defend Vettel here.
When it happened I said it was madness what Vettel did and I was criticised for it. Vettel lost it plain and simple anyone who did what he did deserved a severe punishment.

ForlansHair

Not defending Vettel's actions but I wonder if Hamilton thinks his idol is a 'disgrace' and should be stripped of the 1990 championship? They're all like this - Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and it's not surprise they're by far the best on the grid.