g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2017 Season

pauldyson1uk

I used to like him when he did the F1 but he's turned into a right contrary wanker since covering football.

He's such a bellend, can you imagine any other driver skipping an event like that in their home country?
You know I am a Lewis fan , but I agree 100% with you, that event needed Lewis there.
I was shocked with the boos when they were asked about Lewis, must admit used to think Seb was a cock but changed my mind about him.

Yeah see what you mean about Jake and football , when he was on BBC F1 he was good.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You know I am a Lewis fan , but I agree 100% with you, that event needed Lewis there.
I was shocked with the boos when they were asked about Lewis, must admit used to think Seb was a cock but changed my mind about him.

Yeah see what you mean about Jake and football , when he was on BBC F1 he was good.
The crowd boo'd when Lewis was mentioned? :lol:

Yea Jake's turned into a twitter reaction generator.

pauldyson1uk

I dont buy the , he needed a few days off, race on Sunday , next race is 30th and then nothing till the 27th August.
How much time does he need off.
Mercedes should have said , this is one event that is unmissable, him not being there was wrong.

Sliverstone have confirmed , no F1 there after 2019.
Where does that leave the British GP, Sliverstone is the only track that can hold it at the moment , Donnington and Brands Hatch need millions spending on, to get them to F1 standard.
Could this pave the way for a London 2020 F1 GP, I cant see it happening to be honest, they wont effective close the capitol for how ever long they need.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...019-what-does-that-mean-for-british-gp-future
If it does go it's another nail in the F1 coffin.

There are fewer and fewer great tracks left on the circuit.

pauldyson1uk

McLaren's Fernando Alonso will take at least a five-place grid penalty in the British GP - with Honda expecting the number to rise.

Honda have confirmed the two-time champion will take an initial five-place grid demotion for the use of a fifth energy store of the season.

But they are "expecting further penalties for Fernando" once they finalise their engine component plan for the weekend after Friday's second practice session.

Alonso will revert to using Honda's latest specification engine after problems with the unit following practice in Austria left him racing with an older unit last weekend.

pauldyson1uk

this is just stupid.

McLaren's Fernando Alonso is set to start the British GP on the back row after receiving a 30-place grid penalty for engine component changes.

A new Honda 'Spec Three' power unit has been installed in the Spaniard's MCL32 following Friday practice at Silverstone, taking him further over the limit for engine parts used this season.

Alonso was already facing a five-place grid penalty after having a fifth energy store installed ahead of Friday's running.

But the further changes mean he is now onto his eighth MGU-H and turbocharger and sixth internal combustion engine and MGU-K - adding a further 25 places to his demotion

Each car is only allowed four of each component through the season before facing a penalty.

pauldyson1uk

I think penalties for drivers is wrong, the penalties should be for the teams, take points points of the teams or fine them..
30 place penalty for Alonso is just crazy, what is the point of even trying when you will start at the back and have no chance of doing anything.