F1 2018 Season

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Makes no sense to be in 16th place and suddenly think you can keep up with the leader of the race. Has this guy found a team for 2019 yet? In combination with the history between the two it's hard to see how there wasn't a bit of frustration from Ocon's side.

He seems quite pleased with himself though.

His tyres were better than Max's at that point, hence him thinking / being faster. He still had his own race to run, even in 16th you want to move up in position.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
A bit split on this.

Obviously, getting involved with the leader of the race like that (and then not giving in when Max fought back) is unnecessary and extremely clumsy by Ocon.

At the same time, why couldn't Max just let him go? He was on faster tyres and would probably not have held him up. Max had the lead comfortably on much better tyres than Lewis. Max didn't need to fight to the inside like that.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
How come on the internet there are so many hypocrites on their high horses when in reality they have probably done stupid things at 21 over small things like losing in a video game, never mind a big car race on the international stage.

Humans are such annoying creatures.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How come on the internet there are so many hypocrites on their high horses when in reality they have probably done stupid things at 21 over small things like losing in a video game, never mind a big car race on the international stage.

Humans are such annoying creatures.
Because we are not under scrunity Infront of the rest of the world. He's supposed to be a role model

Rooney1987

He's a grown adult and shouldn't be going that.

Ocon made a bad move, Max has reacted badly to it and posters are calling both out. As they should.

spwd

Having fun talking to yourself ??

:lol:

Makes no sense to be in 16th place and suddenly think you can keep up with the leader of the race. Has this guy found a team for 2019 yet? In combination with the history between the two it's hard to see how there wasn't a bit of frustration from Ocon's side.

He seems quite pleased with himself though.

What a tit.

hobbers

Ocon definitely did it on purpose, not for any Mercedes related reason but because of the pair's prior history. And if we're being honest Max isn't entirely undeserving of a little retribution.

Think we could be in for some phenomenal stuff in 2020 if we have Verstappen at Red Bull, LeClerc at Ferrari and Ocon at Mercedes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mercedes used Ocon as a great blocker there, congratulations.

That was 100% personal, he'd never do the same if that was Hamilton in the lead.

Skills

Snitch
Why would the average person (with no specific interest/following of racing) love F1 drivers? They're about as far removed from the average person as you could possibly be.

They come from well off backgrounds, then have a career which leads them on to even more wealth. You're hardly rooting for a local underdog story.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I don't think Hamilton did come from a well off background. How lucky is Hamilton? Drivers are literally driving off the road to gift him wins and he really doesn't need the help.

Ocon is an idiot even if he wants to overtake you don't need to attack in a small space and do it cleanly otherwise you aren't fast enough. Max needs to learn from it, I regularly drive carefully on the road because there are idiots out there and I'd rather avoid a crash.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I don't think Hamilton did come from a well off background. How lucky is Hamilton? Drivers are literally driving off the road to gift him wins and he really doesn't need the help.

Ocon is an idiot even if he wants to overtake you don't need to attack in a small space and do it cleanly otherwise you aren't fast enough. Max needs to learn from it, I regularly drive carefully on the road because there are idiots out there and I'd rather avoid a crash.
Lewis wasnt super well off, but being bank rolled by McLaren his entire career put him in a position very few drivers will ever get. Senna was lucky in that regard too as his family was rather wealthy from what I understand.

I always love the story about Schumacher racing around on used kart tyres that others had thrown out because they were "worn out" flogging absolutely everybody.

slyadams

Just had a chance to watch the Brazil GP highlights, especially the Ocon/Verstappen incident. I suspect I'm the minority given what the radio, podcast and pundits have been saying, but I have sympathy with Ocon:

1. You're allowed to unlap yourself. Other incidents up the road, safety cars, rain etc. could still dramatically change the GP and he wanted position. He was faster, on fresh tyres, he didn't want to waste the fresh part of the tyre in the RB's wake.
  2. Verstappen didn't need to fight back. True he was trying to stay ahead of Hamilton, but in truth he was faster than Hamilton. He could have yielded it, got a bit of DRS from Ocon as well and let him drive up the road. On the next straight Ocon would have had DRS and been on fresh tyres, at which point the pass would have been inevitable.
  3. Ocon was literally a foot or two behind Verstappen going into the corner, if this was for position he wouldn't be expected to back off and Verstappen would be expected to give him room
  4. The fact Verstappen was the leader (or a lap ahead) I'm not sure is as important when a back marker is faster than when the leader is faster (i.e. the leader would be held up in the latter case). Imagine in football if the bottom club were expected to not tackle as hard against the top clubs as against relegation rivals.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Nasty crash in the F3... Full speed spin, backward over another car airborne over the barriers into the crowd a place where spectators/photographers/stewards were?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Another angle:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
shocking footage and hope she makes a full recovery. I don't understand why she is going so much faster than any of the other cars at a corner like that
She spun before the corner somewhere, either on some road markings, or a bump/divot and once you're spinning there is no stopping, the car is actually backward when it goes airborne I think

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Wow, that is crazy. Something has to have failed for them to be going that much faster than everyone else into the corner.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just had a chance to watch the Brazil GP highlights, especially the Ocon/Verstappen incident. I suspect I'm the minority given what the radio, podcast and pundits have been saying, but I have sympathy with Ocon:

1. You're allowed to unlap yourself. Other incidents up the road, safety cars, rain etc. could still dramatically change the GP and he wanted position. He was faster, on fresh tyres, he didn't want to waste the fresh part of the tyre in the RB's wake.
  2. Verstappen didn't need to fight back. True he was trying to stay ahead of Hamilton, but in truth he was faster than Hamilton. He could have yielded it, got a bit of DRS from Ocon as well and let him drive up the road. On the next straight Ocon would have had DRS and been on fresh tyres, at which point the pass would have been inevitable.
  3. Ocon was literally a foot or two behind Verstappen going into the corner, if this was for position he wouldn't be expected to back off and Verstappen would be expected to give him room
  4. The fact Verstappen was the leader (or a lap ahead) I'm not sure is as important when a back marker is faster than when the leader is faster (i.e. the leader would be held up in the latter case). Imagine in football if the bottom club were expected to not tackle as hard against the top clubs as against relegation rivals.
Agree.

Max is a massive idiot who's been pampered by Horner too much. I pray he wises up or gets kicked out of the sport before he causes a major incident and injures someone.