F1 2018 Season

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Lewis gets his new contract as expected. You can be sure Bottas will get wrapped up for a couple of seasons quite quickly as well.

This means that the only top 6 seat in question still seem to be Kimi's, and he's upped the ante the last couple of races.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So after having watched the documentary on McLaren on Amazon Prime I have to wonder - why after the debacle they had with Honda does Red Bull believe it is the right decision to go with Honda? I have been out of the loop a bit on F1 for many years but getting back into it so please enlighten me.

RedFish

So after having watched the documentary on McLaren on Amazon Prime I have to wonder - why after the debacle they had with Honda does Red Bull believe it is the right decision to go with Honda? I have been out of the loop a bit on F1 for many years but getting back into it so please enlighten me.
They’ve had a good look at the Honda engine in their sister team Torro Rosso. They like what they see.

If they succeed with this, McLaren may as well just stop racing. What a momentous feck up uat would be... So bad i fully expect it to happen.

Last edited:

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Honda just returned to F1 after having been out of the business for a while, so needed to learn their ropes. Also, I believe the relationship with McLaren wasn't the best.

Red Bull believe the financial power of Honda coupled with the fact they're effectually being turned into a works team will help them get closer to Ferrari/Mercedes. And they seem to have lost confidence in Renault, particularly after the french manufacturer reinstated their own works team.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They’ve had a good look at the Honda engine in their sister team Torro Rosso. They like what they see.

If they succeed with this, McLaren may as well just stop racing. What a momentous feck up uat would be... So bad i fully expect it to happen.
Honda just returned to F1 after having been out of the business for a while, so needed to learn their ropes. Also, I believe the relationship with McLaren wasn't the best.

Red Bull believe the financial power of Honda coupled with the fact they're effectually being turned into a works team will help them get closer to Ferrari/Mercedes. And they seem to have lost confidence in Renault, particularly after the french manufacturer reinstated their own works team.
Thanks gents. I'm curious to see what happens there. I indeed got the idea McLaren wasn't exactly being a good partner for Honda - the documentary was obviously about McLaren so they weren't going to go into detail what they might have done wrong but the faces and expressions of the Honda reps were quite telling. The stress between the two parties felt pretty palpable.

Giggsy92

Championship surely over now, if it wasn't already. That Ferrari PU looks mighty anyway so not sure reliability will be seen as the deciding factor.

pauldyson1uk

FFS scruffy Q1 , could have caused the problem, will start 14th.
He will be dropping more points this race.
Looking like a Ferrari 1 and 2 for the race already.
Lewis being Lewis and wanting to get back to the pit , he did not want to stop.
He will be fuming, he will be pumped up for the race , he will either finish top 4 or crash out.

Member 90887

Let's just hope there's no contact between Mercedes and Ferrari tomorrow. Vettel is gonna fly of the line tomorrow, so i'm not really afraid for his race but Ferrari has been super quick of the line, and with Kimi 3rd, it's gonna be close.

A Ferrari 1-2 and Verstappen 3rd to take some points from Mercedes should be perfect before the Hungarian GP next week which is a Ferrari track.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Championship surely over now, if it wasn't already. That Ferrari PU looks mighty anyway so not sure reliability will be seen as the deciding factor.
Of course it isn't, we're half way through the season with hundreds of points left to play for. I agree that it does look very good for Ferrari atm when it comes to pace and reliability compared to Merc but Hamilton could be top of the table tomorrow night if he does an ok race and Vettel ends up with a DNF.