F1 2018 Season

pauldyson1uk

Following a post-session investigation, Mercedes confirmed Hamilton's verdict was correct.

A statement from the team said: "We had the failure at Turn 1 as Lewis ran the 'normal' kerb which all the drivers use in that stage of qualifying.

"Then, with failed power steering as a result of the hydraulic failure, he had the 'jumping' moments that were seen on TV and which people understandably thought might have been the cause of the issue - but were in fact a consequence of it."

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Nah , maybe he means this race , the championship is far from over, still plenty of points left to race for.
Nobody has any clue what will happen in the race yet , to top 3 may well taken themselves out of the race in turn 1 yet.
Of course, he meant the race. Still think he can finish in the top 3 at least tomorrow.

Enigma_87

You know who
Nah , maybe he means this race , the championship is far from over, still plenty of points left to race for.
Nobody has any clue what will happen in the race yet , to top 3 may well taken themselves out of the race in turn 1 yet.
yup. Mercedes should have advantage in Belgium so they could bounce right off.

AndyJ1985

Do people still watch f1? I'm surprised anyone is interested. Most races are a procession. For a sport that's supposed to be the pinnacle of racing it sure lacks the racing.

SillyUsername

Do people still watch f1? I'm surprised anyone is interested. Most races are a procession. For a sport that's supposed to be the pinnacle of racing it sure lacks the racing.
I loved it as a kid, M Schumacher was my hero. Would get up early for Suzuka and loved the sport more than United, for a time.

Even Looking back now as an adult, the racing in the late 90’s was fantastic, in my opinion, much better than now. Some people didn’t like the refuelling era but it encouraged flat out racing and while there many not have been as much overtaking back then, at least the overtaking and the racing was authentic rather than the artificial overtaking we’re left with today. Any overtaking today involves either DRS or someone on knackered tyres because the tyres are purposely shit to encourage pit stops.

It seems the racing today is all about either tyre or fuel saving. They aren’t actually driving flat out, it’s not enjoyable to watch.

Member 90887

yup. Mercedes should have advantage in Belgium so they could bounce right off.
Yes they do but the next race isn't belgium. it's hungary and last year it was a one two from Ferrari there (Qualifying and Race).

Enigma_87

You know who
Enjoyed it as a kid. My first memories date long back when Senna was racing, then of course Schumacher taking over.

Recent years it wasn't great to the extend to be flat out boring to me and ended up didn't even bothering with it apart from odd race during off season for the entire year.

This year tho it has been pretty entertaining and have been following it more closely.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yes they do but the next race isn't belgium. it's hungary and last year it was a one two from Ferrari there (Qualifying and Race).
Yes you are right.Still it's long way to go. In Singapore, Malaysia, USA and even Brazil they should have advantage. Would be interesting run in.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope we see a proper race. Hockenheim's first corner being short could help Bottas.

Hephaestus

just been looking and not just rain expected at about 4pm (German time ) but a Thunderstorm, dont think I have seen a F1 race during a Thunderstorm, could the race be red flagged ?
There was a Malaysian race in a thunderstorm a few years back, think 2009.

Smart by Ferrari to get Kimi out ahead of Hamilton just in case.