g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2020 Season

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Surely merc have to get on them hard tyres ASAP. More tyre issues for them

Tiber

Would have loved to see Hulk get a podium. Shame be only held onto third for about 3 seconds, but the Red Bull is a shade faster than the Tracing Point and Max might be the best driver on the grid

Hephaestus

Cheers.
Advantage Merc ?
Almost certainly but he will be have mediums at the end when you can make them last a bit more. Will almost certainly be a Merc 1-2 but if nothing else, it was nice to see Verstappen and Hamilton within sight of each other.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Best on the grid by a mile in my opinion
Have to reluctantly agree. Stroll showing that you dont have to be talented to do well in the mercedes. Wonder if the british biased f1 press will put * next to any mercedes title for this year and next because they dont really deserve to be consider a full championship considering the freeze on development.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Great pace from Verstappen. He’ll turn this into a one stop and win this comfortably I think

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Well Mercedes do have a weakness. Clearly Bottas and Hamilton are looking after the tyres and will probably need to pit again.

Verstappens race to lose.

Tiber

I know he is having a tough season, (not convinced it's all his fault, the Red Bull looks fast but hard to drive) but I love Albon's aggressive driving style

Tiber

Max is my favourite driver, I hope I was wrong earlier in the thread, would absolutely love to see him win this.

Despite with their struggles with the heat, the Merc dominance this decade has trained my mind to expect Hamilton's cars raw power to catch Max with 2 laps to go

gormless

Merc’s have always been bad on the tyres. This is going back to Michael and Nico trundling round in 6th and chewing up the tyres. Their car has always been so much better than everybody’s else’s it hasn’t mattered (obviously nothing like as dramatic as the last 2 weeks).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Have a feeling that at least one of the mercs will have severe tyre failure again. Max could put himself right in the title race here

Hephaestus

Red Bull just doing us a favour by making Max do it on track. Brilliant. Come on Max, and now just one of the Mercs have a problem so Hulkenberg can get the podium.

Leg-End

What on earth have Mercedes got wrong to be eating tyres like that, 2013 Merc returns :lol:

F-Red

What on earth have Mercedes got wrong to be eating tyres like that, 2013 Merc returns :lol:
They're effectively on the mediums from last week, and they were chewing through the hards towards the end of the race. Track temperature is lower than last week, so it's a bit of a conundrum for them. They need to manage this session on the hards closely and they might have a chance towards the end. Red Bull are flying today.

Tiber

Poor Lewis, being forced to drive dominant cars for two different teams. My heart bleeds

Tiber

Leclerc is getting great results with that dog of a Ferrari