F1 2022 Season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Of all things that have happened so far this season, Sainz having a pretty rough time in comparison to Leclerc is probably the most surprising to me.

Early days yet and Leclerc is better anyway etc. aside but thought it would be more even somewhat.
I think Sainz is an excellent driver. But he wouldn’t be the first to not be able to handle the pressure that comes with knowing you’ve got a car capable of being a world championship car. So in some ways I am surprised, in others I’m not. It’s still early doors though and he’s definitely had the run of bad luck. Hopefully he settles and keeps the prancing horse firmly ahead of RB and Mercedes, but I think his shot at the title is gone because, logically, Ferrari will favour Le Clerc now.

RoadTrip

It's funny to see the anti Hamilton fans making him out to be a moaning and awful personality - I've introduced 3 people to F1 in the last year who come in with 0 historical knowledge or bias and they always say 'Hamilton is so gracious, he always congratulates other people before himself, always talks 'we' instead of 'me' and seems humble' but then you look in this thread and people are acting like he has the worst attitude on the grid.
I think the reality is there has been a huge shift in him. Several years ago, he absolutely did come across as arrogant. And there’s plenty of factual evidence to suggest he was. But in the last few years, he has really become a role model in the sport and beyond, and definitely much likeable. The people who continue to call him arrogant and unlikeable generally have anchored to their view and unable to shake their bias to asses him objectively anymore.

RoadTrip

And can I also just add that this thread can be such a joke.

Max retired and Lewis did nothing of note, other than moan for 10 seconds on the radio, and somehow this thread depends into chaos. It’s a joke honestly.

Abizzz

This was one of your worse posts.

Isn’t it Monocench? Thought I’d join in with the bad jokes
For males surely it's gotta be "monocoque"!?

I like Charles but they should just play the Italian anthem twice whenever he wins in my opinion.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

Max retired and Lewis did nothing of note, other than moan for 10 seconds on the radio, and somehow this thread depends into chaos. It’s a joke honestly.
the part i struggle with most is that i really try to add balanced, well thought-out views but some people just seem to want to post pointless drivel.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
the part i struggle with most is that i really try to add balanced, well thought-out views but some people just seem to want to post pointless drivel.
ffs man, it's dribble. Get something right in your hatred for Max.

pauldyson1uk

Why are Hamilton fans so desperate for other fans to like him?
I dont give a toss to be honest, I just dislike the bullshit posted.
Some posts are just irrational hate for no reasons, some are valid reasons.
I dont hate any driver on the grid, not even Max, there is a few I dislike because the should not be in F1 and only there because of daddy's money.

JoaquinJoaquin

Sooner or later Mick Schmacher is going to be in a ferrari, sainz is doing a terrible job at present. Mick just needs to impress this season and it will leave ferrari with a not so tough decision.

On a sidenote, Ted's Notebook on Sky, he mentioned that Ferrari PU is up 10kw on the Mercedes PU.

Finally got to watch the GP in full this evening. Was genuinely suprised at how well the Mercedes were doing. The car is a dog at the moment but they are 2nd in the constructors table.

Leclerc's ferrari was so far off in the distance even when max was on the track. That suprised me as well. Imola is effectively a home race for Ferrari so leclerc could stretch his lead even further in 2 weeks time.
Apart from his dad, what is so special for Mick to be given that role so soon? I am yet to see anything great about him that would prove he is a top caliber driver to be honest. In terms of Sainz, I think he was definitely worth a gamble for Ferrari, but he has proved he is a #2 driver for sure now.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Apart from his dad, what is so special for Mick to be given that role so soon? I am yet to see anything great about him that would prove he is a top caliber driver to be honest. In terms of Sainz, I think he was definitely worth a gamble for Ferrari, but he has proved he is a #2 driver for sure now.
Mick straight up beat a driver many predicted would hose him in F2. Some of his drives and his ability to navigate traffic have shown very good race craft. That same season he got some of the worst luck in the opening rounds which would have seen him win the title more than a round in advance..

The very thing you identified with Mick (his last name) is the same thing that holds him back because he’s held to a much higher standard than other drivers. If I said to you that a no name driver with title f2 , title European f3 and runner f4 credentials was in F1, you’d say it’s deserved… it’s just that this one has a goat last name.

The bloke is a champion in nearly every competition he’s ever been in. People the rave on Norris and Russell but Mick’s pedigree is not far off.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Getting my feet wet in F1 so I've caught up on the past 7 pages of this thread and christ :lol: some pathetic stuff in here.

Someone insinuating that those who don't like Hamilton are racists was the ultimate low point.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Getting my feet wet in F1 so I've caught up on the past 7 pages of this thread and christ :lol: some pathetic stuff in here.

Someone insinuating that those who don't like Hamilton are racists was the ultimate low point.
Boy that must have been some real ultimate shit low point for you. Where did you read that?

Oh yeah it's coming back to me. Well I'll tell you what's funny about that. I intimated that they were of low level intelligence, possibly of low mental age etc and what one poster minded was something I didn't say but was happy to be thought an idiot. That's the denial for you.

Yeah, get your feet wet in F1, it can be a tremendous hobby to follow, try and understand the written word first maybe huh?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Boy that must have been some real ultimate shit low point for you. Where did you read that?

Oh yeah it's coming back to me. Well I'll tell you what's funny about that. I intimated that they were of low level intelligence, possibly of low mental age etc and what one poster minded was something I didn't say but was happy to be thought an idiot. That's the denial for you.

Yeah, get your feet wet in F1, it can be a tremendous hobby to follow, try and understand the written word first maybe huh?
It's obvious what you meant. Don't be patronizing.

Abizzz

I'm just now realizing how much pain Lewis winning all the the time must have caused some people.

Love it.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
It's obvious what you meant. Don't be patronizing.
As I said learn to read. Being called a Racist is only something you do when you have stark raving proof in front of you. Most Racists are weeded out of here long before they get to Hamilton Hater level.

The Firestarter

We're just sitting here quietly watching RB and Merc fans tear each other a new one. Fun season so far :lol:
One would think it will be like when City win it and both man utd and pool fans are ok with it. But not in this case though :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Leclerc winning the championship would be great. Would be the least problematic in a while.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
One would think it will be like when City win it and both man utd and pool fans are ok with it. But not in this case though :lol:
Ferrari are more like Liverpool, sleeping giant suddenly awake and fighting again. I resent the City the comparison. Take it back :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wow the Aston truly is a shitbox.

I mean that's just the camber of the track/road steering the wheels.

Let go of any steering wheel while going down the road and your car will naturally follow the road lining. Unless it's a dead flat/straight road no car will ever just cruise in a straight line

WPMUFC

I mean that's just the camber of the track/road steering the wheels.

Let go of any steering wheel while going down the road and your car will naturally follow the road lining. Unless it's a dead flat/straight road no car will ever just cruise in a straight line
ahh fair enough, the thread i was reading on another forum was saying he was asked to do this to highlight the problem to the pit crew. They could've been completely BS'ing.

Sandyman

Yeah we depend on this chaos now. Ferrari fans enjoying a season after years of pain while RB and Merc fans take the piss out of each other

dinostar77

And Ferrari is bringing a big upgrade package as well as upping the engine output
I know ferrari have said there will be upgrades for imola and Barcelona, but i cant find anything on any engine output upgrades.

RB are bringing updates to imola as well. Helmet Marko said the car is too heavy and needs to lose some weight. But reliability has now become the more pressing concern.

Most teams will bring upgrades to imola as they traditionally do for the start of the european leg of the season (miami not with standing). We could see ferrari and RB go further away from the rest of the pack.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Absolutely this haha.

Loving the Ferrari renaissance. Le clerc, what a lovely champion. Drove a near perfect race.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I know ferrari have said there will be upgrades for imola and Barcelona, but i cant find anything on any engine output upgrades.

RB are bringing updates to imola as well. Helmet Marko said the car is too heavy and needs to lose some weight. But reliability has now become the more pressing concern.

Most teams will bring upgrades to imola as they traditionally do for the start of the european leg of the season (miami not with standing). We could see ferrari and RB go further away from the rest of the pack.
From what I have heard since the start of the season, Ferrari were cautious with the engine modes and gathering data on the efficiency and state of the engines after the race and the 4th race of the season was the race they had ear marked to up the power output of it