F1 2022 Season

The Firestarter

Yep, Masi needed replacing even if Abu Dhabi hadn't happened. His performances throughout the year were frankly stupid.

Consistensy is vital, and he was SO wishy washy. It felt like he flipped a coin with every decision.
People still conflate decisions by the stewards vs decisons of the race director.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People still conflate decisions by the stewards vs decisons of the race director.
You talk as if Masi has zero input :lol: he can decide what's sent to the stewards, whether it's a deemed a penalty or no further action.

Maybe he isn't in charge of the total outcome of a penalty, but multiple times he's decided to investigate something which shouldn't.

Abizzz

They literally defended the farce that was the end of last season by saying it was in his power as race director to overrule the rules :lol:

Abizzz

The comment was about the Masi performance over the whole year, not the Abu Dhabi race.
I don't know how one would possibly judge his performance over the whole year without taking into account the defining decision of the season.

The Firestarter

I don't know how one would possibly judge his performance over the whole year without taking into account the defining decision of the season.
I dont know , ask the below poster:

Yep, Masi needed replacing even if Abu Dhabi hadn't happened. His performances throughout the year were frankly stupid.

Consistensy is vital, and he was SO wishy washy. It felt like he flipped a coin with every decision.

Fluctuation0161

All that needs to be said about last year. Utter joke that the people acknowledging this also say Masi has done a "super job".

This will be a farce of a sport for some time to come.
Yep. It was a farce even leading up to the final race.

From half points benefiting Max to Brazil overtaking rules being changed also benefiting Max. Its a joke. The sport needs some big changes. Bigger than just changing Masi. The lack of accountability is poor. I fear change won't be forthcoming.

pauldyson1uk

American team with the Russian flag on the wing. Still can't wrap my head around it.
It reflects the sponsorship of Uralkali, the Russian potash and fertiliser exporter and producer which in 2013 was taken over by Uralchem, the company of which Mazepin's father Dmitry is chairman. but a Russian flag on a US team is strange, even more so now with the on going tension between the 2.

The Firestarter

It reflects the sponsorship of Uralkali, the Russian potash and fertiliser exporter and producer which in 2013 was taken over by Uralchem, the company of which Mazepin's father Dmitry is chairman. but a Russian flag on a US team is strange, even more so now with the on going tension between the 2.
Yep I know the backstory thanks to DTS. Awkward nonetheless.

F-Red

Most of the launches this year will be dumbed down visually, they won't reveal any unique aero until the first test.

SirAnderson

13 pages in already! My, I may have to do some catch up for some gems in here. :)

Just love this thread. Nice to see Masi may be getting the boot. Any other interesting developments?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Some of the replies to the tweet :lol:

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Do Haas even develop their cars? No wonder they went first, good marketing.

Adam-Utd

how can nobody spot any differences?! there’s like 3 giant obvious ones, and these are the bog basic press release cars

flameinthesun

F1 reddit has a good thread highlighting the differences between this and last year's haas. Quite a clear difference, I also believe its an early test model so it has been changed since these pictures even more.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think it’s taken somewhere in Stevenage. Maybe on the outskirts tbf which is perhaps why you didn’t recognise it.
True, it might very well be one of those parts of Stevenage I have never been to. Or maybe it's around the Mercedes F1 Factory in Brackley, I haven't seen all of its surroundings either.

arthurka

Is he back to being what? What is Lewis back too? Looks like he is working as a bin man? Got the trousers and everything.

Adam-Utd

Expect the Williams car launch to be revealed soon. They did it over the weekend, not sure why they haven't announced a date for it yet.

I've seen some photos of it so I imagine it'll be released publicly in the next couple of days.

As far as I could tell from a quick glance they're more detail on it than the Haas model showed.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Horner is great for the sport, as is Toto.