F1 2022 Season

spiriticon

It's true though. F1 is just one of many popular racing series out there. Rally, Nascar, Le Mans etc It has the most money sure, but does Hamilton need more money at this stage?

Even Alonso and Kimi tried other things in their lives.

And that's assuming he still wants to race, instead of being some sort of misled fashion guru....

The Firestarter

It's true though. F1 is just one of many popular racing series out there. Rally, Nascar, Le Mans etc It has the most money sure, but does Hamilton need more money at this stage?

Even Alonso and Kimi tried other things in their lives.

And that's assuming he still wants to race, and not be some sort of misled fashion guru....
Its only the most prestigeous and watched racing championship. Its not a drop in the ocean, its pretty big part of the ocean.

spiriticon

Its only the most prestigeous and watched racing championship. Its not a drop in the ocean, its pretty big part of the ocean.
Sure, but he is no newbie needing F1's global reach to make a big name for himself.

He is Lewis bloody Hamilton.

dinostar77

Totto has said that the days of cars having a 1 sec advantage are over.

Apparently both Ferrari and Mercedes have regained the 20bhp lost through some engine rules for the new season by changes to the turbocharger.

Dan Fellows Red Bull chief aerodynamicist is finally joining aston martin in april. So we would have to wait for the aston martin of 2023 season to see what he can do.

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

So has the big baby decided if he’s going to race again yet? :lol::lol::lol:
Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram
Harsh, very harsh.
OK so he has not said anything since the race, he was shafted out of the win and it will still hurt
Put yourselves in his position and say you would not have done the same.
Personally I think he has done the right thing, kept quite and let the press and everybody else just stew in their own juices.
I think he will be racing this season and will be eager to get his 8th title.

pauldyson1uk

Fans will be able to attend the second 2022 pre-season test session, scheduled to be held at Bahrain International Circuit between March 10 and 12.

Organisers made the announcement on social media this week, with a tweet confirming that the sessions will be open for spectators.

"Ticketing arrangements and details to be announced over the next few days," said the official account.

It will be the first opportunity for members of the general public to see all ten of this year's car on track.

The first pre-season test, scheduled to take pace at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain, will not be open to the public because of current coronavirus regulations in the country.

While journalists will be present in the paddock to report on what happens, there will be no live television coverage for the first test. Instead, a 60 minute summary will be streamed online via F1 TV.

Cameras are expected to provide full live coverage of all three days of the Bahrain test via social media channels, and Sky Sports F1 in the UK.

Pre-season tests usually draw limited numbers of spectators. However interest might be stoked by the latest rule changes including the introduction of new 18-inch tyres.

It means that the cars are expected to look very different this season after a period of relative design stability.

Some of the smaller teams had appealed to the FIA to extend the Barcelona test to five days, as they have less advanced simulators and fear they could lose out to the bigger squads in terms of preparation. However this suggestion was turned down by the governing body.

Attendance in Bahrain could also be boosted by a rise in popularity in the sport given the ratings impact of the season finale in Abu Dhabi last month in which Max Verstappen pipped Lewis Hamilton to the title on the final lap.

All cars will be sporting brand new liveries for 2022, with four teams including Aston Martin, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes having already announced which days they will be holding car launches to unveil the new look prior to the Barcelona test.

The teams also have the option to hold a 'filming day' at Barcelona before the official test. This allows them some limited track running in order to film the cars for sponsorship and PR purposes.

Teams are able to schedule two of these days per calendar year.

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes chief technical officer James Allison reckons that a few F1 teams are in for a "terribly painful year" due to getting their all-new 2022 designs "badly wrong".

F1 teams are facing a regulation reset this season, the first significant revamp of the rule book since 2009, with ground effects at the center of the changes that will hopefully tighten the field and boost the show on the track.

While purposefully restrictive in terms of scope of innovation, the new regulations will nevertheless spawn new ideas or bold approaches as each team's creative minds put their own spin on the rules.

Teams will roll out their machines at the Circuit de Cataluna in Barcelona in late February at the start of pre-season testing. While everyone awaits to see who has gotten it right, Allison fears that a few teams will have inevitably gotten it "badly wrong".

https://f1i.com/news/430824-allison...BN4nGsXGhDa-kXA1VwIR1mO-f6zYN7Fu1sQhIt_txdEr0

The Firestarter

For Mercedes eng badly wrong probably means 1 second slower. For Haas :
"Hey boss, umm, it seems we actually created an airplane..."

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Does anyone have some recommendations for good F1 accounts to follow on Twitter? Not just for news but for general chat and good content. I want my feed to be a bit more alive going into the new season!

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
If I was in F1 you would not see the speed of my car on a public practise day, Q3 in the first race would be the first time.
I can see why teams do it, dont want to give it all away to soon.
Imagine if you had some secret thing like an Fduct, blown diffuser you wouldn't want to give anyone a chance to complain about it in the practice sessions and leave it for the first race so the FAI won't make any real changes to it for the season like the mercs a season ago

pauldyson1uk

Imagine if you had some secret thing like an Fduct, blown diffuser you wouldn't want to give anyone a chance to complain about it in the practice sessions and leave it for the first race so the FAI won't make any real changes to it for the season like the mercs a season ago
Yeap that also, they broke no rules, just interpreted them in a different way :D

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If I was in F1 you would not see the speed of my car on a public practise day, Q3 in the first race would be the first time.
I can see why teams do it, dont want to give it all away to soon.
Unless you're predicted to be a back marker like Brawn :D ''Don't worry about these guys, it's just practice''

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Formula E season about to start. Anyone watching?

Watched one or two races last season, found it weird as feck, but there's no other sports on

pauldyson1uk

His actions were wrong and he and the FIA know this.
But the outcome is not going to be and nor should be changed.
I dont have a problem with his staying, just make sure he follows the rules correctly and not change them mid race.
He should have let all the lapped cars pass and that would have been the end of the race, OK so not the ideal way to end a championship winning race, but rules are rules, he was pressured by who ever, to make the call he did.
Does it still piss me off, yeah sure it does, but it wont change so no point in harping on about it, Lewis for me has done the right thing and said nothing and far play to Max he has done pretty much the same.

Excited for the season and what the new cars and regs will bring.

pauldyson1uk

Formula 1 may have to abandon plans to stage Sprint events this season due to an ongoing stand-off over costs, with teams set for a crucial vote on the format appearing on the schedule.
F1, encouraged by the Silverstone, Monza and Interlagos experiments from last year, had wanted to double the amount of Saturday sprint races from three to six in 2022, increasing the action over a Grand Prix weekend.

But their plans are yet to be approved, and the teams they need approval from are still locked in a dispute over money.

McLaren boss Zak Brown - who has slammed some teams' pleas for more money being added to F1's cost cap as "ridiculous" and "nonsense" - says F1 is facing a fight against time to resolve the impasse.

With the season just two months away, F1 require at least eight of the 10 teams to agree on the details before they can push ahead.

Sprint races will need to be passed by an e-vote, which will take place before pre-season testing begins on February 23. The season starts on March 20 in Bahrain, where F1 had hoped to run a Sprint.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I dont have a problem with his staying, just make sure he follows the rules correctly and not change them mid race.
He should have let all the lapped cars pass and that would have been the end of the race, OK so not the ideal way to end a championship winning race, but rules are rules, he was pressured by who ever, to make the call he did.
Does it still piss me off, yeah sure it does, but it wont change so no point in harping on about it, Lewis for me has done the right thing and said nothing and far play to Max he has done pretty much the same.

Eh? I wasn’t even thinking about what happened, let alone thinking it would change the outcome / harping on about it? I was just literally passing on the news :lol:

hobbers

If they're basically making 1 role become 3, which would be the sensible thing, then Masi should get to be in one of those 3 roles.

He's better qualified than literally everyone.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Any of our Dutch cohort fancy translating/transcribing an episode of RTL GP magazine for me? I've just got a subscription to it for 14 days so I can see Frits van Eerd's collection episode. I keep a big spreadsheet of the cars from 89-99 and he's got a ton of them (think it's the largest collection of F1 cars in one place in the world), certainly the largest private collection, supposed to be around 75 cars) so interested to see exactly which chassis of which car he has if he says it.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Any of our Dutch cohort fancy translating/transcribing an episode of RTL GP magazine for me? I've just got a subscription to it for 14 days so I can see Frits van Eerd's collection episode. I keep a big spreadsheet of the cars from 89-99 and he's got a ton of them (think it's the largest collection of F1 cars in one place in the world), certainly the largest private collection, supposed to be around 75 cars) so interested to see exactly which chassis of which car he has if he says it.
Is there no way to turn on subtitles or auto-subs? If it's in Dutch, I suppose most of what is said would get mangled by auto-subs, but not the names of cars maybe? (I don't how long the episode is, but I anyway wouldn't have the time to do a full translation/transcription myself.)

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He should be fired because he's bad at his job and easily influenced by the top teams.

The last incident just took it to a whole new level of shittery when he forgot his job is to enforce the rules and not make things up for entertainment.

keithsingleton

Harsh, very harsh.
OK so he has not said anything since the race, he was shafted out of the win and it will still hurt
Put yourselves in his position and say you would not have done the same.
Personally I think he has done the right thing, kept quite and let the press and everybody else just stew in their own juices.
I think he will be racing this season and will be eager to get his 8th title.
It was harsh, guys a pr!ck.

Good post by the way.

Abizzz

Bayer acknowledged that had the case gone to court,” the judges would have said it’s different in the regulations, he decided that way, so we could just void the result” but that Verstappen would have still been champion had the Abu Dhabi result not stood, due to holding the points lead on countback going into the race.
All that needs to be said about last year. Utter joke that the people acknowledging this also say Masi has done a "super job".

This will be a farce of a sport for some time to come.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep, Masi needed replacing even if Abu Dhabi hadn't happened. His performances throughout the year were frankly stupid.

Consistensy is vital, and he was SO wishy washy. It felt like he flipped a coin with every decision.