F1 2022 Season

ChaddyP

Because you love narcissistic, self obsessed idiots?
I love everything about Horner. If you like Care Bear personalities then good for you pal. No judgement from me

I hope Horner goes there and struts around in a Max Verstappen world champion t shirt . That would truly be amazing.

Ps. I also love everything about Totto

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I love everything about Horner. If you like Care Bear personalities then good for you pal. No judgement from me

I hope Horner goes there and struts around in a Max Verstappen world champion t shirt . That would truly be amazing.

I think you've missed the joke.

This isn't actually Christian Horner, it's somebody who entered it and put his name down to look funny.

ChaddyP

I think you've missed the joke.

This isn't actually Christian Horner, it's somebody who entered it and put his name down to look funny.

All the articles I've read said it was redbull Horner that entered a charity event..unless I'm missing the joke you yourself are trying to make.

Fluctuation0161

Care Bear personalities. :lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
still not getting excited for this year. maybe it will change come first race weekend but feels like it’s a year where i might flick over to the odd race to see cars going vroom but i’m not going to make sure i’m home at x to watch y.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
still not getting excited for this year. maybe it will change come first race weekend but feels like it’s a year where i might flick over to the odd race to see cars going vroom but i’m not going to make sure i’m home at x to watch y.
Eh? This is the most exciting season in a decade.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Eh? This is the most exciting season in a decade.
i’m still not over the last few laps of last year. i agree on paper it should be a cracker and i’ll definitely watch it at times to see what the cars are capable of and who is making waves in that race but devoting time to a whole season and getting invested in a title race seems a lot like a case of fool me once shame on/ shame on you, fool me - fool me, can’t get fooled again.

dinostar77

As long as lewis wins his 8th championship i dont car how masi manipulated the result to ensure max became champion.

Abizzz

The **** of Hamilton is hilarious
I've followed F1 long before Hamilton came onto the scene and it has never been a farce like it currently is. Not even when it's ceo was having his backside swatted by hookers.

Adam-Utd

All the articles I've read said it was redbull Horner that entered a charity event..unless I'm missing the joke you yourself are trying to make.
It seems as though it's since been revealed it WAS actually Horner, I thought it was a prank. Apologies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I've followed F1 long before Hamilton came onto the scene and it has never been a farce like it currently is. Not even when it's ceo was having his backside swatted by hookers.
Maybe you've followed it longer than me - mid-90s. I don't think the American owners have been good for the sport, I think Drive to Survive isn't good for the sport, I think the fake sprint races aren't good for the sport. However all that being said, I think the actual motor-racing is far from being a farce. I think that's sour grapes talking.

Abizzz

Maybe you've followed it longer than me - mid-90s. I don't think the American owners have been good for the sport, I think Drive to Survive isn't good for the sport, I think the fake sprint races aren't good for the sport. However all that being said, I think the actual motor-racing is far from being a farce. I think that's sour grapes talking.
What actual motor-racing? There was no race. It was one lap artificially created for drama. It was a show.

ChaddyP

Posts like these keep the WWE alive.

Hate fake sports? Cry more

:lol: You have to be kidding? We don't even know if there will be races at the races. When was that ever the case before a season?
can u explain this ?

Abizzz

can u explain this ?
What's there to explain? One of the most loved GP's on the calendar was "won" after driving 2 laps behind the safety car!? And F1 acts as if it didn't even happen or isn't a precedent that devalues all GP wins and statistics if it's counted and repeated.

ChaddyP

What's there to explain? One of the most loved GP's on the calendar was "won" after driving 2 laps behind the safety car!? And F1 acts as if it didn't even happen or isn't a precedent that devalues all GP wins and statistics if it's counted and repeated.
Oh that's what you mean. Yeh that 2 lap parade was a farce. To give points there was a joke. For there to be no actual racing wasn't anyone's fault though. Just bad weather. And that can happen any season. Not sure why you make it seem like rain cancelling actual racing is some new phenomenon

Abizzz

Oh that's what you mean. Yeh that 2 lap parade was a farce. To give points there was a joke. For there to be no actual racing wasn't anyone's fault though. Just bad weather
Calling that a race is someones fault though. It's not like that was the first time they had bad weather in 72 years.

Rain is the norm at Spa.

Adam-Utd

No worries...it's hilarious that is actually him ,well for me anyway
He's certainly got that sense of humour and a strong enough ego to go for it - so i'm not surprised.

I thought when I first heard about it, it was somebody just having some fun hence why they spelled his name incorrectly.

It was for Charity so hopefully he donates it to somebody who really wants it.

ChaddyP

Calling that a race is someones fault though. It's not like that was the first time they had bad weather in 72 years.

Rain is the norm at Spa.
Wait surely you don't think that they should have ran that race. And surely you're not using past races in the rain as reason to not cancel a race due to weather... I mean let's go race nordschleife track in the rain while we're at it .

Abizzz

Wait surely you don't think that they should have ran that race. And surely you're not using past races in the rain as reason to not cancel a race due to weather... I mean let's go race nordschleife track in the rain while we're at it .
What happens with football matches that are called off? It really isn't difficult.

Fluctuation0161

Yep, same. It seems some don't understand the importance of the sport having integrity and genuine competition.

Abizzz

Back in my day we played in blizzards. Hard men we were
I mean there is an entire different school of thought in "drive to the condition".

I get that that isn't viable with todays tires, they'd just be swimming, which is a joke in itself for the most capable cars with literally thousands of pounds of downforce... However calling what they did there a race was the worst possible action to take for the spectators and sport. Again, it devalues every other win if that was the equivalent of a win. People used to care about stuff like this.

Now it's last lap drama they care about. Alright, fine by me. But that's not a sport. That's entertainment.

ChaddyP

I mean there is an entire different school of thought in "drive to the condition".

I get that that isn't viable with todays tires, they'd just be swimming, which is a joke in itself for the most capable cars with literally thousands of pounds of downforce... However calling what they did there a race was the worst possible action to take for the spectators and sport. Again, it devalues every other win if that was the equivalent of a win. People used to care about stuff like this.

Now it's last lap drama they care about. Alright, fine by me. But that's not a sport. That's entertainment.

It's literally impossible to drive as there's no visibility. I'm sorry that's a dangerous and wreckless decision to go ahead with that race given the conditions. It's not even about the tyres grip. it's just impossible to see.

Abizzz

It's literally impossible to drive as there's no visibility. I'm sorry that's a dangerous and wreckless decision to go ahead with that race given the conditions. It's not even about the tyres grip. it's just impossible to see.
That's a joke when people are going 200+ kmh on the autobahn in the same rain without any radio to tell them what's infront of them (nor flags or stewards or anything). F1 spray more because of F1's formula, not because of some unwritten rule that fast cars spray more. People go 200+ on the autobahn in the same rain every day. Le Mans carries on too.

But none of that matters. If you can't hold a race, don't have a race. They didn't.

They had a parade. It's them calling it a race and counting it as race and telling the world we ran that race when everyone saw what happend that is the unforgivable bit.

Edit: It´s even more of a joke once one realises that the most dangerous spot of Spa, the spot someone died not too long ago, is blindsided anyway, no matter the weather. Somehow that's not enough to cancel races though.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
The **** of Hamilton is hilarious
it’s really not that for me. i don’t care that lewis didn’t win his 8th. i’m by no means a great fan of max as i don’t like the way he comes across but i would have been more annoyed with max winning if he blew hamilton away and lapped him at the final race. and even if that was the case, it’s months later now. it would have faded. i’m not angry liverpool won the league the other year still but it annoyed me at the time.

same as that middlesborough player slapping the ball down to score the other day. annoys me when i think about it but it doesn’t impact my every waking moment. but imagine that handball deciding a title race or winning a final? that would leave a sour taste as a united fan. but even with that handball you can interpret the rules in a way that the goal is perfectly legitimate. the rule is wrong but at least it was applied correctly. that didn’t happen at the final race. the rules and protocols were flat out ignored/changed, whether you liked the rule in the first place or not. i follow f1 as a sport. you need some rules and regulations that can’t be broken. you can sweat the little stuff and interpret somethings but not the major things.

i’m just in the mindset that f1 for me is now the same as friendly internationals/league of nations or whatever it is called now. one off spectacles that can still be enjoyed but they don’t mean anything at the end of the day. i haven’t seen fia or f1 in general do anything that makes me feel confident it can’t and won’t happen again. feck wasting my weekends on that.

Fluctuation0161

it’s really not that for me. i don’t care that lewis didn’t win his 8th. i’m by no means a great fan of max as i don’t like the way he comes across but i would have been more annoyed with max winning if he blew hamilton away and lapped him at the final race. and even if that was the case, it’s months later now. it would have faded. i’m not angry liverpool won the league the other year still but it annoyed me at the time.

same as that middlesborough player slapping the ball down to score the other day. annoys me when i think about it but it doesn’t impact my every waking moment. but imagine that handball deciding a title race or winning a final? that would leave a sour taste as a united fan. but even with that handball you can interpret the rules in a way that the goal is perfectly legitimate. the rule is wrong but at least it was applied correctly. that didn’t happen at the final race. the rules and protocols were flat out ignored/changed, whether you liked the rule in the first place or not. i follow f1 as a sport. you need some rules and regulations that can’t be broken. you can sweat the little stuff and interpret somethings but not the major things.

i’m just in the mindset that f1 for me is now the same as friendly internationals/league of nations or whatever it is called now. one off spectacles that can still be enjoyed but they don’t mean anything at the end of the day. i haven’t seen fia or f1 in general do anything that makes me feel confident it can’t and won’t happen again. feck wasting my weekends on that.
Agreed. 100%.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Aren't Red Bull unveiling their car today?

Also, can we try and avoid the Max vs Lewis 'fanboy' shit, at least until the season starts?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i like their masi boost button on the steering wheel. it emits a high pitched whining noise to race control whenever max feels he needs a boost in the race and will save wheatley the time having to do it.

looking forward to seeing what mercedes have up their sleeve now or if red bull have stolen a march on them.