F1 2022 Season

BristolRuss

I'm impressed with how reliable the Mercedes engine has been so far. I don't think any of the Mercedes-powered teams have had a single failure yet, have they?

Could put them in good standing later in the season when other teams have to take grid penalties.

pauldyson1uk

I'm impressed with how reliable the Mercedes engine has been so far. I don't think any of the Mercedes-powered teams have had a single failure yet, have they?

Could put them in good standing later in the season when other teams have to take grid penalties.
Yeah somebody posted that before, I had not noticed it, last season they had a reliability problem, that's one thing they seem to have sorted.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I use to like lando but he’s suddenly starting to come across as a bit of a brat. Lewis vibes without the points on the board to justify it…

Danny Ric is starting to get to grips with the car which isn’t going to please the man the cars been built for too much.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Many drivers would've made a mistake there under pressure, but Max didn't crack. I also take into account the entire weekend tbh.

Charles p5 was to be expected. I actually think first half of the race he was underperforming. Was stuck behind Ocon for ages, but then finally found his pace after a couple of (v)sc's. Decent drive, but nothing spectacular considering the difference in performance with the cars he was racing.
Leclerc was excellent, his strategy was terrible though and there is a reason he was stuck behind the likes of Ocon. Even when they pitted him they made a mistake when to do it and he was stuck in crowd again, absolutwly ridiculous strategy.

Once he got new tires he made two great overtakes against Alpines where no one even tried, I believe Alonso was stunned by that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I use to like lando but he’s suddenly starting to come across as a bit of a brat. Lewis vibes without the points on the board to justify it…

Danny Ric is starting to get to grips with the car which isn’t going to please the man the cars been built for too much.
This is one of the worst takes I've seen on here and that takes some beating :lol:

Bratty how exactly? becuase he's annoyed at the team being completely amateur and leaving him sat in the pitlane without any tyres? or because the car is dog slow?

No points on the board? he's in 7th place with literally TRIPLE the points of Ricciardo. Perhaps if Ricciardo stopped bumbling around in 10th-15th place all year and actually drove like a lead driver, he wouldn't be in this position. The guy is washed.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Commentators were saying Ferrari was 21 kmph quicker than red bull but on the corners, red bull was good. I thought it was the other way around but who am I to question them

fishfingers15

My thoughts on the race

I am super happy about Hamilton's podium place and especially the timing of it. Here's to hoping he and Mercedes will carry that momentum to Silverstone, because by God we need it.

Super pissed about Ferrari. Power unit problems and 5 second pit stop for tyre change and so many little things went wrong. If not for the safety car at an opportune moment for Sainz, it was not a good performance from the team. Whether Sainz is good enough or not, they are badly letting down their drivers. Red bull consistently makes good decisions on their race although they have DNF problems this season.

World champion like performance from the world champion. Verstappen is approaching zen level performances this season. Thoroughly deserved win and a great driving performance only bettered by his super awesome qualifiying lap in wet conditions this week.

What is going on with Alonso and alpine? He could have tire changes at many points but stayed out. Is it he who stayed out or did his team feck it up? Sky commentators were suggesting that the pit stop was offered to him but he didn't take it. Weird.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
This is one of the worst takes I've seen on here and that takes some beating :lol:

Bratty how exactly? becuase he's annoyed at the team being completely amateur and leaving him sat in the pitlane without any tyres? or because the car is dog slow?

No points on the board? he's in 7th place with literally TRIPLE the points of Ricciardo. Perhaps if Ricciardo stopped bumbling around in 10th-15th place all year and actually drove like a lead driver, he wouldn't be in this position. The guy is washed.
Calm down, Lando.

laughtersassassin

Commentators were saying Ferrari was 21 kmph quicker than red bull but on the corners, red bull was good. I thought it was the other way around but who am I to question them
Slipstream + DRS.

Max was better in sector 1 + Hairpin which kept him safe in the end.

If the roles where reversed and Max was behind he likely would have got Sainz for those reasons.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Ricardo has a win for McLaren… something Lando doesn’t have…

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I'm calm, it's just a stupid statement to make. There seems to be a running theme in his posts though so i'm not surprised.
my own personal take is that i’d fecking hate to be spoken to like lando and max speak to their pit crews when things are going bad or a decision hasn’t been optimal. all of the drivers are whiny when things aren’t going their way but those two come across as teenagers moaning at their parents for everything wrong in their lives. the majority of the other drivers tend to moan more like disappointed dads at their kids.

Adam-Utd

Ricardo has a win for McLaren… something Lando doesn’t have…
Because the team told them to hold stations and not let Lando attack?

Anyway, even Maldonado and Ocon have wins in f1. Doesn't mean they're better.

Adam-Utd

my own personal take is that i’d fecking hate to be spoken to like lando and max speak to their pit crews when things are going bad or a decision hasn’t been optimal. all of the drivers are whiny when things aren’t going their way but those two come across as teenagers moaning at their parents for everything wrong in their lives. the majority of the other drivers tend to moan more like disappointed dads at their kids.
Yeah I understand that, but I guess it's part and parcel of being their engineer. You have to take it on the chin and remain cool.

I like Verstappens engineer, he seems to have found the right balance of listening but keeping him in his place also. I thought his clap back of 'we didnt have the pace' when Max asked why he got brought out behind the Mercedes was pretty funny.

fishfingers15

Verstappen is not worse than Schumacher or Hamilton tbh. Maybe all winners are the same

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought that was a great race, enjoyed it. That battle between Sainz and Max was a good one. Was hoping Sainz was going to nick it. Happy for Hamilton and Mercedes. Still think if Perez and Leclerc had been 'normal' then it would of ended up without a Mercedes in the 3-4.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yeah I understand that, but I guess it's part and parcel of being their engineer. You have to take it on the chin and remain cool.

I like Verstappens engineer, he seems to have found the right balance of listening but keeping him in his place also. I thought his clap back of 'we didnt have the pace' when Max asked why he got brought out behind the Mercedes was pretty funny.
yeah, thought that was great and what’s been missing for a while with max, i think he’d have benefitted from being put back in his box a little more often when he’s ranting and raving.

Verstappen is not worse than Schumacher or Hamilton tbh. Maybe all winners are the same
winners don’t like losing and hamilton of yesteryear was as bad, i thought ron dennis did a good job of sorting him out though. he still moans now but it’s done with a far more level head and it’s not a ranting and raving scream about how his engineer has ruined his life/race. it’s a “guys, why did we make that call, i said we should have stayed out.” he’s clearly pissed off but it’s done in a way where i’d respond to it better if i was in his team. half of max’s are silent because the expletives have been cut by the race director and it’s hard to pick up the other part as it’s just a scream.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm 34 and I still lose my shit at people if they misplace an easy pass to me during our casual five a side game of astro. If anything it impresses me that the worst young professional f1 drivers do is curse at their team. I'd probably have gone full on Mr. Mercedes if I was Lando yesterday.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Lando has always been entitled and a but nobbish. It's a shame he's half decent and so will be sticking around.

Dan_F

Pretends to be shocked that the son of a multi millionaire can come across as entitled and arrogant.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Leclerc was excellent, his strategy was terrible though and there is a reason he was stuck behind the likes of Ocon. Even when they pitted him they made a mistake when to do it and he was stuck in crowd again, absolutwly ridiculous strategy.

Once he got new tires he made two great overtakes against Alpines where no one even tried, I believe Alonso was stunned by that.
They made a good call when to bring Leclerc in but they screwed it all up by having a 5.8sec pitstop or something along those lines.

I'd give anything to have 2-3 races in a row where drivers and crew all performed, the team made good strategy calls and the cars stayed in one piece, but since this is Ferrari we're talking about I'd probably be better off asking for a unicorn.

LoneStar

At least he's not a robot like Russell, though.
Yeah, this! Russell bothers me way more due to his lack of emotions. And his PR like response everytime. Same with Rosberg. Seems so fake.

Anyway, I wouldn't take anything that's said on radio too seriously. These guys are driving insane speeds, and competing with each other. It's not like they have a lot of time to logically think things through before speaking. If anything, just fecking remove publicising it so that fans can moan less.

Adam-Utd

Yeah, this! Russell bothers me way more due to his lack of emotions. And his PR like response everytime. Same with Rosberg. Seems so fake.

Anyway, I wouldn't take anything that's said on radio too seriously. These guys are driving insane speeds, and competing with each other. It's not like they have a lot of time to logically think things through before speaking. If anything, just fecking remove publicising it so that fans can moan less.
Agreed, not sure it really adds anything unless it's a tactical radio call.

Imagine if footballers were mic'd up :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They made a good call when to bring Leclerc in but they screwed it all up by having a 5.8sec pitstop or something along those lines.

I'd give anything to have 2-3 races in a row where drivers and crew all performed, the team made good strategy calls and the cars stayed in one piece, but since this is Ferrari we're talking about I'd probably be better off asking for a unicorn.
I think he lost lot of time behind Ocon(?) and couple of other drivers when he was already on old tires and it was time to pit. And again lost lot of time after pitting because he was again stuck in the crowd, but I think those 10-15 laps before first pit stop was when he lost at least 10-15 seconds for nothing.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Bit surprised that young George Russell seems to be getting so much stick here.
To me, he comes across as highly professional. Both as a driver, as well as the way he handles himself.
It he lacks emotion, that is just how he is.
I just think that he is being a bit guarded in his first full year as a Mercedes driver. He was markedly less so with Williams.

Anyway, I prefer to judge him on his driving performance. And that has been exceptional this year. Especially with such a difficult car.
Give the guy some credit.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
To me, he comes across as highly professional. Both as a driver, as well as the way he handles himself.
I just think that he is being a bit guarded in his first full year as a Mercedes driver. He was markedly less so with Williams.

Anyway, I prefer to judge him on his driving performance. And that has been exceptional this year. Especially with such a difficult car.
He's an awful boring cnut, though.

hobbers

It's not how well he's driven or anything he's done this season, mostly how he acted with Valteri and the stuff we saw of him behind the scenes in D2S, where he came across as a bit of a weasel. And he is a robot, so a robot weasel.

But then in comparison Lando is quite dense and very entitled, and is probably the closest thing F1 has to a JLingz with his little Quadrant empire. Nobodies perfect.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.

Only thing to consider is that Mercedes haven't been pushing as they are in their own race most of the time so less stress on the engine unlike Ferrari and Red Bull who are pushing each other along to the end most of the time.

Also Hamilton still lost approx. half a second per lap after the safety car and was on newer tyres than Max.

Silverstone will tell us a lot about their pace and ability to fight.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I'm calm, it's just a stupid statement to make. There seems to be a running theme in his posts though so i'm not surprised.
It's not really. He's not a monster or a Max level of dickishness but he's definitely had a change in attitude recently from the friendly fun kid to one that has more of an attitude, is a bit of a dick to his crew on his radio and can be very surly at times.

RedDevilQuebecois

Only thing to consider is that Mercedes haven't been pushing as they are in their own race most of the time so less stress on the engine unlike Ferrari and Red Bull who are pushing each other along to the end most of the time.

Also Hamilton still lost approx. half a second per lap after the safety car and was on newer tyres than Max.

Silverstone will tell us a lot about their pace and ability to fight.
Unfortunately, I think this is now the one season too many for Hamilton. The script was obvious (Hamilton wins the final race, wins the record-breaking 8th title, retires, gets his knighthood, and can focus on his charities and social justice actions) before that fecking idiot Michael Masi flipped it on the very end of the final race last season.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Unfortunately, I think this is now the one season too many for Hamilton. The script was obvious (Hamilton wins the final race, wins the record-breaking 8th title, retires, gets his knighthood, and can focus on his charities and social justice actions) before that fecking idiot Michael Masi flipped it on the very end of the final race last season.
Last chance for Max to become a Honda champion. First since Senna. Beating 7x world champ Sir Lewis Hamilton, like Alsono did against Schumacher. The stars were aligned for an epic season. The end was controversial, but considering Silverstone and a couple other dodgy decisions throughout the year, it was a deserved win. Not saying Lewis wouldn't have deserved it, but let's move on from Masi please.