F1 2022 Season

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Last chance for Max to become a Honda champion. First since Senna. Beating 7x world champ Sir Lewis Hamilton, like Alsono did against Schumacher. The stars were aligned for an epic season. The end was controversial, but considering Silverstone and a couple other dodgy decisions throughout the year, it was a deserved win. Not saying Lewis didn't deserve it, but let's move on from Masi please.
Tend to agree that we are where we are regarding the utter fiasco of the last race of last season.
Nothing lasts forever and it is clear that mercedes have produced a terrible car.

Lewis Hamilton has told us that he will not have his racing career defined by last year.
And I don't go along with the narrative that he is suddenly now too old.
Or that he is no longer hungry for more success.
Circumstances have conspired against him recently. But give him a sniff of a chance and he will win again.
I have a feeling that mercedes will start to come good during the middle of the season.

The Firestarter

Wouldn't surprise me now if Merc finishes above Ferrari this season. They are making progress whilst Ferrari seems to be regressing now
Bizarre take, what makes you think Ferrari are regressing? In fact they matched RB's straight line speed.

hobbers

Wouldn't surprise me now if Merc finishes above Ferrari this season. They are making progress whilst Ferrari seems to be regressing now
The same Ferrari that drove 7 seconds up the road from the Mercedes in the space of 14 laps?

hobbers

The same Ferrari that everyone said at the start would dominate this season, yet is 30 points ahead of Mercedes
Does that mean what you think it does. Ferrari have had 5 retirements so far to Mercedes 0 and yet are still ahead.

No one said they'd dominate, it's clearly been two very evenly matched teams at the front from the start.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Does that mean what you think it does. Ferrari have had 5 retirements so far to Mercedes 0 and yet are still ahead.

No one said they'd dominate, it's clearly been two very evenly matched teams at the front from the start.
See my response to Firestarter; car reliability is one factor I see being a thorn in Ferrari's side. 5 retirements in 9 races should be quite a concern, considering (from what I recall) they were all engine related and not crashes?

As I said in my first post, "It wouldn't surprise me" doesn't mean I think it's nailed on. We shall see after the summer break how Mercedes do with their car developments

Balljy

The same Ferrari that drove 7 seconds up the road from the Mercedes in the space of 14 laps?
I'm not sure it was that simple, Hamilton was only 2.1 seconds behind after 6 laps and then heavily dropped off. I suspect they turned down the engine as it was pointless fighting at that stage. If Sainz hadn't had DRS to stay with Verstappen it's difficult to know whether Hamilton would have kept behind or not. Leclerc also coudn't really massively gain on Russell who was slower than Hamilton for the last 14 laps, but he could have been slowed by Russell's car and also could have just accepted his position.

hobbers

See my response to Firestarter; car reliability is one factor I see being a thorn in Ferrari's side. 5 retirements in 9 races should be quite a concern, considering (from what I recall) they were all engine related and not crashes?
2 engine failures (both Leclerc), 1 hydraulic, 2 crashes

laughtersassassin

Consistency for me; making mistakes, car reliability etc.
Factually speaking Red Bull have worse relaibility than Ferrari.

Red Bull have built a very healthy gap recently but could for sure flip again all things considered.

Quali pace might become a problem for them now that Ferrari are catching up in race pace.

Be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Red Bull have built a very healthy gap recently but could for sure flip again all things considered.

Quali pace might become a problem for them now that Ferrari are catching up in race pace.

4 vs 3 technical failures if I'm correct? My point of consistency isnt based on that alone, but can't argue against your response

laughtersassassin

4 vs 3 technical failures if I'm correct? My point of consistency isnt based on that alone, but can't argue against your response
Yeah it's 4v3 plus Red Bull also had Checo 30hp down in Miami with an issue.

So all in all they are a bit more unreliable so far.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Yeah it's 4v3 plus Red Bull also had Checo 30hp down in Miami with an issue.

So all in all they are a bit more unreliable so far.
Can't remember two leading teams failing as much as these two have done early into the season.

Anyway, My initial point was on Mercedes reliability vs Ferrari's so far. The Mercs may not be anywhere near the other two in terms of race speed, but the positive they can take they is have gone 9 races without breaking down compared to the 7 between RB & F

Krits

Its a long season, Ferrari are still in it but don't have the recent history of being a well run team to depend on. Redbull do. We can all agree that the Mercs were one of the best run teams in F1 history in almost every aspect. They've developed a lemon this year, but they are still a championship quality team. Ferrari will have to prove that they are capable of it. Early signs don't look good. But in the end, a quick car is a quick car. Ferrari do have a quick car. They also might have more developmental headroom in the later part of the season as both Redbull and Merc seem to have developed the car a lot earlier on.

I still expect Max to win DWC, but I'm hoping Carlos can get his act together as to at least get Ferrari a constructors win.

dinostar77

Ferrari have updates coming for Silverstone according to christen horner.

If they can reduce their straight line deficit to RB and get sainz to stop cocking up they will win races. Will definitely finish ahead of Mercedes in Constructors.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Was anyone even talking about Red Bull?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
If Mercedes finish above Ferrari I would be shocked. You’d expect Ferrari to address reliability concerns as the season progresses. Mercedes are no doubt making improvements and are reliable, but I think the differential at this stage is just too much. I’m rather hoping instead Ferrari can surpass Red Bull! Reliability is going to play a large role this year it seems.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not really. He's not a monster or a Max level of dickishness but he's definitely had a change in attitude recently from the friendly fun kid to one that has more of an attitude, is a bit of a dick to his crew on his radio and can be very surly at times.
He's still a friendly fun kid, but he's a competitor and a winner first and foremost. He actually has quite a cutting personality, he tells people very straight what he thinks and doesn't hold his tongue, I think that catches people by surprise.

He's gone from competing for podiums to kicking around 10th. The car is not performing well and the team are cocking up, it's not a surprise he's getting a bit pissed off.

Last edited:

F-Red

Used the N word on a stream apparently. Can't see him coming through into F1 anytime soon.

hobbers

Thats what happens when you play cod, it devolves your brain.

Think McLaren and RB have been on to Lando and Max already about not streaming games live with friends.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Thats what happens when you play cod, it devolves your brain.

Think McLaren and RB have been on to Lando and Max already about not streaming games live with friends.
that’s easier for max as i’d imagine he only has tom from myspace on his friends list.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
He's still a friendly fun kid, but he's a competitor and a winner first and foremost. He actually has quite a cutting personality, he tells people very straight what he thinks and doesn't hold his tongue, I think that catches people by surprise.

He's gone from competing for podiums to kicking around 10th. The car is not performing well and the team are cocking up, it's not a surprise he's getting a bit pissed off.
That is true as is the statement that he's changed his behaviour on his team radio to be more dickish.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That is true as is the statement that he's changed his behaviour on his team radio to be more dickish.
I think you'll find he always has been a dick :lol: It's not new.

klsv

Used the N word on a stream apparently. Can't see him coming through into F1 anytime soon.
Estonia gets like one driver a generation that gets the entire nations' hopes up as a F1 prospect. Good job flushing down your career, you absolute dumbass.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Bye bye career. What a dumb way to lose it. I saw the clip and tbf, I expected worse. Still stupid, though and he leaves RB with little choice.

dinostar77

Mercedes get more (10%) CFD and windtunnel time.

Mercedes moves from 70% of the aerodynamic testing limits governing windtunnel and CFD use for the first half of the year to 80% for the second.

TItle rivals Red Bull and Ferrari get a reduced allocation. They are both one place higher in the championship than they were at the end of last year and drop by one 5% step.

At the other end of the table, Williams has dropped from eighth in last year’s standings to its current 10th, meaning it goes from 105% of the allocation to 115%.

AlphaTauri and Aston Martin also gain by one 5% increment thanks to being one place lower in the standings now than they were at the end of last year.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-gets-aero-testing-boost-after-2022-f1-struggles/

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes get more (10%) CFD and windtunnel time.

Mercedes moves from 70% of the aerodynamic testing limits governing windtunnel and CFD use for the first half of the year to 80% for the second.

TItle rivals Red Bull and Ferrari get a reduced allocation. They are both one place higher in the championship than they were at the end of last year and drop by one 5% step.

At the other end of the table, Williams has dropped from eighth in last year’s standings to its current 10th, meaning it goes from 105% of the allocation to 115%.

AlphaTauri and Aston Martin also gain by one 5% increment thanks to being one place lower in the standings now than they were at the end of last year.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-gets-aero-testing-boost-after-2022-f1-struggles/
OK I will admit to not fully understand how this works, Mercedes and other get extra time in the wind tunnel now.
How much extra ? I know 10% more but 10 % more of how long ?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
OK I will admit to not fully understand how this works, Mercedes and other get extra time in the wind tunnel now.
How much extra ? I know 10% more but 10 % more of how long ?
than the time they had before.

pauldyson1uk

OH great just what we need another street track.

The city of Madrid has informed Formula One Management that it is committed to bringing Grand Prix racing to the streets of the capital of Spain in the future.

Formula 1's global success continues to spur interest from venues and potential race promoters around the world.

The sport's calendar is reportedly set to expand to 24 races in 2023, with Las Vegas already signed up and F1 strongly expected to enjoy a historical return to Kyalami in South Africa.

As the sport enjoys an unprecedented level of commercial and territorial growth, requests for new races continue to flow in with Madrid the latest destination to throw its hat in the ring.
https://f1i.com/news/445814-madrid-...4L1OOjoKRre9qi9VBjQ2pP2cfypr35byrkGBfphNUqPPA

hobbers

They get 256 runs in the wind tunnel in the next 6 months compared to the 224 they had in the previous 6 months.

Whereas Red Bull go from 240 to 224 and Ferrari from 256 to 240.

Alfa Romeo got the worst deal, they've lost almost 50 runs.

pauldyson1uk

They get 256 runs in the wind tunnel in the next 6 months compared to the 224 they had in the previous 6 months.

Whereas Red Bull go from 240 to 224 and Ferrari from 256 to 240.

Alfa Romeo got the worst deal, they've lost almost 50 runs.
Cheers, bit of googling I have found out a run is 15 mins.
I also found out a wind tunnel is expensive

How much does a F1 wind tunnel cost? Formula 1 teams invest approximately $60-100 million to build their own wind tunnels at their factory to develop the aerodynamics of their cars. Tunnels that are more sophisticated and expensive typically use one large fan.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
feck off Spain we only just got rid of that gash Valencia track

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Cheers, bit of googling I have found out a run is 15 mins.
I also found out a wind tunnel is expensive

How much does a F1 wind tunnel cost? Formula 1 teams invest approximately $60-100 million to build their own wind tunnels at their factory to develop the aerodynamics of their cars. Tunnels that are more sophisticated and expensive typically use one large fan.
i heard red bull harvest the breath of orphans and then shoot that at the cars in the wind tunnels, instead of using fans. they use their tears to simulate wet runs too.