F1 2022 Season

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Max best driver on the grid, dont agree, still Lewis for me, but he is close.
Current WC yeah there is no denying that.
Lewis lost, move one, on this totally agree.
It’s just tiresome that people are downplaying max ability to the level of a pay driver. He’s currently just signed a contract for 160 million over 4 years. He is everything but a pay driver.

pauldyson1uk

It’s just tiresome that people are downplaying max ability to the level of a pay driver. He’s currently just signed a contract for 160 million over 4 years. He is everything but a pay driver.
His WC win ,still leaves a nasty taste and it will for a while, thats the problem.
I dont think he is a pay driver.
I will admit I am not his biggest fan, but I dont dislike him, will he get the the level of the F1 greats, Lewis , Shu plus others and for me the best driver I have seens Senna, he has the talent, more than enough talent to get there, he will win multiple WC, but get to near to Sch or Lewis, only time will tell.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
His WC win ,still leaves a nasty taste and it will for a while, thats the problem.
I dont think he is a pay driver.
I will admit I am not his biggest fan, but I dont dislike him, will he get the the level of the F1 greats, Lewis , Shu plus others and for me the best driver I have seens Senna, he has the talent, more than enough talent to get there, he will win multiple WC, but get to near to Sch or Lewis, only time will tell.
Senna, Alonso, Hamilton for me. Can't split them. Schumacher a hair behind with Prost.

The Hilton

Jesus Christ, max is the best driver in F1 and the current world champion. Max pushing a car to move it up the grid is not remotely the same.

FMD Lewis lost, move on
I knew it would get a bite!

I was being tongue in cheek - he's not as good as Lewis, but he's still a very good driver.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal

As if they had any choice, but still, make it look as if they did eh?

Fantasy Leagues for 2022

pauldyson1uk

altodevil

The one we have been sing for a few years now is also running again, maybe its last season.
Having 2 running , 2 different formats should be fun.

http://www.fantasy-f1-league.com/

League name is RedCafe Fantasy F1 League
Password is redcafe

We had a decent number of teams last year, but the more the better.
Yes agreed - both offer something different. The classic one you set up donkeys ago is still way better than the official website.

Rooney1987

He actually said ‘He didn’t break the rules… he applied them in a way that hasn’t before’ . I did like the intervention from the co host about her children applying the rules differently from before.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Indeed he is. Despite my support of Lewis Hamilton,
I used to have some respect for Red Bull and Horner. David Vs the Goliaths of Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes.

But more recently, that respect turned to dislike now something even stronger.
He is rapidly making himself look a real twat. And to be honest, I don't listen to anything he says. Just talks total rubbish.

Zen

Red Bull aren't Davids :lol: - they have absolutely obscene money behind them.

Fridge chutney

Indeed he is. Despite my support of Lewis Hamilton,
I used to have some respect for Red Bull and Horner. David Vs the Goliaths of Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes.

But more recently, that respect turned to dislike now something even stronger.
He is rapidly making himself look a real twat. And to be honest, I don't listen to anything he says. Just talks total rubbish.
Sums up my thoughts exactly. Although i would hardly compare the mega-wealthy corporate marketing machine that is Red Bull to David!

pauldyson1uk

I dont dislike Red Bull as a team , I dont dislike Max, he is an excellent driver, the touble with Max is Horner's arse kissing, Max can do no wrong in Horner eyes and Max believes it.
I dislike Horner and the other prick Helmut Marko with a passion, Horner has just re-ignited the whole thing again, I am sick of hearing about it.
Just think of the bitching Horner would have done if it was Max that had lost out.
2022 should be an exciting season , but Horner is already taking the shine of it, he will be questioning every decision the stewards make, I have no doubt he will have a problem with one of more thing about the Mercedes car.
Dont get me wrong Toto is not much better.
Before it gets out of hand the FIA need to tell both and Marko to button it and just get on with the season.

pauldyson1uk

the only thing I agree with Horner is the sprint races.

On Red Bull blocking sprint races
Last year, F1 staged three 'sprint' events, which used a short race on Saturday in place of qualifying to set the grid for the main grand prix.

The sport had wanted to double the number this year, and presented data to the teams that showed the sprints increased audiences and revenue.

But Red Bull were one of the big teams who blocked moves to increase the number of sprints.

Arguing that the budget cap was being reduced by $5m this year, and that more races meant more costs, they demanded more money than a simple pro-rata increase of the compensation payments that were made last year.

In the end, a compromise was reached to hold only three sprint events.

"Financially it makes zero sense to agree to any sprint races," Horner said, "but in the interests of the sport, we conceded to agree to three. We're not even being permitted the increase of inflation.

"When you're seeing gas and electricity bills, the amount of inflation that is going on at the moment... when the budget cap was set, it was set at a limit in the midst of the coronavirus crisis that in many respects is irrelevant to what's going on in the modern world. So that is why it was limited to three races."

Leg-End

Sprint races are shitter than what Horner talks and that’s saying something.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Sums up my thoughts exactly. Although i would hardly compare the mega-wealthy corporate marketing machine that is Red Bull to David!
Understand that. But I was referring to the earlier days when RB was a much smaller operation.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I dont dislike Red Bull as a team , I dont dislike Max, he is an excellent driver, the touble with Max is Horner's arse kissing, Max can do no wrong in Horner eyes and Max believes it.
I dislike Horner and the other prick Helmut Marko with a passion, Horner has just re-ignited the whole thing again, I am sick of hearing about it.
Just think of the bitching Horner would have done if it was Max that had lost out.
2022 should be an exciting season , but Horner is already taking the shine of it, he will be questioning every decision the stewards make, I have no doubt he will have a problem with one of more thing about the Mercedes car.
Dont get me wrong Toto is not much better.
Before it gets out of hand the FIA need to tell both and Marko to button it and just get on with the season.
Great post.
Have to say that I was a bit surprised how much Toto because entangled in the whole thing last year. I had thought very highly of him as someone with great integrity. But it is very easy for me to say that when I am not as close as he is to the action. But Horner definitely got to him in an adverse way.

And you are absolutely right to point out how Horner and the rest of the team would have reacted had it been the other way round.
Really looking forward to the start of the season and I am hoping that Mercedes can enable Hamilton to triumph. And hopefully George Russell can beat Max as well.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Great post.
Have to say that I was a bit surprised how much Toto because entangled in the whole thing last year. I had thought very highly of him as someone with great integrity. But it is very easy for me to say that when I am not as close as he is to the action. But Horner definitely got to him in an adverse way.

And you are absolutely right to point out how Horner and the rest of the team would have reacted had it been the other way round.
Really looking forward to the start of the season and I am hoping that Mercedes can enable Hamilton to triumph. And hopefully George Russell can beat Max as well.
What did Wolff do wrong?

slyadams

I came to post this story but I should have known you degenerates would have already done so. I live in MK and the best man at my wedding works for RBR, but I hate the whole lot of them. To come out saying the opposition was putting pressure on them when they're the ones banging on about "we only need 1 lap" at Abu Dhabi and the constant whinging at Silverstone ("I've watched this a few times now Michael and I'm really angry") and Baku ("We suggest a red flag"). Red Bull were the worst team behaviour wise last year, and its Trump levels of deflection and/or delusion for him to come out and say shit like this.

Also, is this a face you would ever get tired of punching?

altodevil

I like Horner, he's a shit-stirrer and does't give a feck. Him and Toto have been great for F1.

Eccentric team bosses are nothing new. God forbid we have 10 Martin Whitmarsh's.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Am I right in thinking that they are Oracle Red Bull Racing now?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What did Wolff do wrong?
Not that much I have to say. But he did get drawn in to 'words'
with Horner.
And in the middle of the season, they seemed to take their eyes off the ball, favouring resources for the 2022 car.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Not that much I have to say. But he did get drawn in to 'words'
with Horner.
And in the middle of the season, they seemed to take their eyes off the ball, favouring resources for the 2022 car.
In the first place I don't think he appreciates someone who tries to change the story as such, being an Austrian who went to a French school I'm not sure how capable he would be in appreciating the cheeky chappy, artful dodger persona Horner cultivates. Some Germans and Austrians would stop you in the street and let you know you have an untied shoelace, believe me some will not let you pass until you have rectified the situation, to them that's just good manners - I'm half-Austrian who has had untied shoelaces from time to time. They did take their eye off the ball certainly.

We do seem to have a certain way of representing a story such as the one @hobbers suggested just above which we have to look at and determine if we would say that Toto was demanding that Masi should not bring out a safety car"-