F1 2022 Season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
That is nice too!

The only one I really am not a fan of is the Haas. All the others are very nice (except the pink Alpine, I don’t like that)

flameinthesun

That is nice too!

The only one I really am not a fan of is the Haas. All the others are very nice (except the pink Alpine, I don’t like that)
Have you seen the has since it removed the russia colours? I think it looks better now, still not amazing but better

RoadTrip

My order of preference of liveries now that we’ve seen them all:

Ferrari
Aston
Alpine (blue)
Alpha Romeo
McClaren
Mercedes
Red Bull
Williams
Alpha Tauri
Haas

RoadTrip

Have you seen the has since it removed the russia colours? I think it looks better now, still not amazing but better
Yeah. Still just too bland and boring for me. It’s not an abomination, but in comparison to some of these other liveries which are seriously nice, it’s pretty much the bottom of the pack still for me.

dinostar77

The sidepods slits on the alfa look interest as does the floor towards the end of the car. See they have gone with the same approach as Mercedes with the side mirror housing being bolted to the body providing a airflow channel.

Beautiful livery though.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Alfa make great looking production cars too. Usually unreliable great looking cars.

Does look sexy though.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That's a lovely red..... I love it in that lighting, they've done a great job in those shots.

1. Alfa
  2. Aston
  3. Ferrari
  4. Williams
  5. Alpha
  6. Mercedes
  7. Alpine
  8. McLaren
  9. Red Bull
  10. Haas

redshaw

Really impressed with the look of pretty much all the cars, good shape and nice looking liveries. If there's still little to no overtaking at least they look good this year.

hp88

Thought's on this ? His lack of talent will cost him his seat but you can't be taking away his super licence just because his Russian.

Maroon Lucifer

If his daddy's money isn't rolling in anymore, then Haas don't really have any incentive to keep him on. Everyone knows he hasn't got that seat through merit and there are loads of better drivers to pick from.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Thought's on this ? His lack of talent will cost him his seat but you can't be taking away his super licence just because his Russian.

Why can't you? Sanctions should affect Russian people, why else would they come to understand that as a nation they are pariahs, that if they don't agree with what comes to affect them they need to appreciate that the person responsible is their leader.

pauldyson1uk

He does not deserve his seat, he only has it because of his daddy's money, there is better drivers with no seat who would do better, but to lose his seat because he is Russian is harsh, not his fault his country is run by a bellend.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Why can't you? Sanctions should affect Russian people, why else would they come to understand that as a nation they are pariahs, that if they don't agree with what comes to affect them they need to appreciate that the person responsible is their leader.
This is the way I see it as well.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
He does not deserve his seat, he only has it because of his daddy's money, there is better drivers with no seat who would do better, but to lose his seat because he is Russian is harsh, not his fault his country is run by a bellend.
Yea losing it because he's Russian is harsh, but will he be able to travel to all the races this year, that will probably end up being the reason used to get rid of him

RoadTrip

I disagree with the principal that he shouldn’t have a seat because he is Russian. I think that line of thought is unfair.

With Mazepin specifically, the issue is complicated because of the “money” he’s used to fund his way to F1 is dirty, based upon the sanctions specifically on his father.

The issue of him not deserving a seat is a separate issue, and I very much agree he doesn’t deserve his seat.

So in Mazepin’s case, revoking his license wouldn’t be particularly unfair albeit harsh for the reasons above. However to suggest all Russian drivers should lose their license would be a step too far, for me.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
This is the way I see it as well.
Not really the thread for it but taking away your racing licence isn't putting your foot on a drowning man's head, you are inconveniencing someone, they are going to have to make that tiniest of sacrifices - not being able to enjoy your passion, hobby, weekend fun. In Mazepin's case he's a paying competitor, not good enough to earn a drive, what's the big deal?

Some Russians being denied a small thing in their lives because of their political leaders. We have nothing against Russian people as individuals, that would be pathetic but the Russian people have to be accountable for their leaders, no-one imagines it is easy living in Russia and getting to choose a democratic system but if not them, then who?

Sorry for taking the thread off topic but Motor Racing isn't Life, it's not a Right as such but a privilege.

Fluctuation0161

Not really the thread for it but taking away your racing licence isn't putting your foot on a drowning man's head, you are inconveniencing someone, they are going to have to make that tiniest of sacrifices - not being able to enjoy your passion, hobby, weekend fun. In Mazepin's case he's a paying competitor, not good enough to earn a drive, what's the big deal?

Some Russians being denied a small thing in their lives because of their political leaders. We have nothing against Russian people as individuals, that would be pathetic but the Russian people have to be accountable for their leaders, no-one imagines it is easy living in Russia and getting to choose a democratic system but if not them, then who?

Sorry for taking the thread off topic but Motor Racing isn't Life, it's not a Right as such but a privilege.
Although i agree with Mazepin specifically losing his seat. I totally disagree with your premise. There are plenty of Russian people against the war and their leader. You need to assess each case on merit. Not implement a blanket ban on all.

By your logic all American and British drivers would've had their super licences revoked during the Iraq war. Maybe you think they should have too?

ArjenIsM3

Although i agree with Mazepin specifically losing his seat. I totally disagree with your premise. There are plenty of Russian people against the war and their leader. You need to assess each case on merit. Not implement a blanket ban on all.

By your logic all American and British drivers would've had their super licences revoked during the Iraq war. Maybe you think they should have too?
And most of the European countries supported that war too

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal

Not the topic but I will reply. Who do you think the sanctions are only going to apply to? Putin and his committee?

If the weight of World opinion had been against America and Britain (which btw don't we think it should have been?) during the Iraqi War and Afghanistan...(Police Action?), and sanctions had been applied then certainly FIA Motorsport Licences might have been one place to hit citizens of the countries mentioned. Honestly, do people really think sanctions should only apply to the things we won't miss?

Again, sorry for the disruption.

edit. By your standard why should it only apply to Mazepin? Because he's shit? I think we'd need to be a little more even handed then 'because he's shit' or ' because he's shit and high profile'. Is he not a citizen?

Last edited:

Abizzz

Banning Mazepin will have hardly any effect on Russian moral.

I think we should do the opposite. Have him drive and only stream his onboard cam to Russia. Seeing how shit he is every race all race should give them food for thought.

youmeletsfly

His daddy's money might be gone in a few weeks.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Banning Mazepin will have hardly any effect on Russian moral.

I think we should do the opposite. Have him drive and only stream his onboard cam to Russia. Seeing how shit he is every race all race should give them food for thought.
It won't end up costing F1 much in terms of quality motor racing.

We're just talking about a very select number of oligarch's children not being able to take part in International competitions. How many will that be? 5? 10? 20?

Hardly worth doing when the real aim is Mazepin who in all probability won't have Daddy paying for his ride this year.

Uniquim

Just wanted to put it out there, that the ban doesn't just ban Mazepin and Shwartzman (test driver) from F1. It bans Russian drivers from all FIA racing competitions.
That means they can't skip across to other FIA series like Formula E or F2 or whatever. Also means Kvyat loses his drive in WEC. Smolyar loses his F3 seat, Sidorkova loses her W Series seat, and I guess all of SMP Racing and the young Russian drivers will just dissolve or something.

Should it happen, it will be interesting to see if Shwartzman can just continue under an Israeli license or not.
Think that could lead to more drivers applying for foreign driving licenses to continue racing.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Well then, the sanctioning of Russian Drivers from taking part in International competition might be as effective as cutting off Putin's supply of Essence of Dormouse Fart, and by the by, as painful to the Russian People as a whole.

Fluctuation0161

Not the topic but I will reply. Who do you think the sanctions are only going to apply to? Putin and his committee?

If the weight of World opinion had been against America and Britain (which btw don't we think it should have been?) during the Iraqi War and Afghanistan...(Police Action?), and sanctions had been applied then certainly FIA Motorsport Licences might have been one place to hit citizens of the countries mentioned. Honestly, do people really think sanctions should only apply to the things we won't miss?

Again, sorry for the disruption.

edit. By your standard why should it only apply to Mazepin? Because he's shit? I think we'd need to be a little more even handed then 'because he's shit' or ' because he's shit and high profile'. Is he not a citizen?
Mazepin's father, who funds his sons drive and the team has close links with Putin and met him as recently as January. That's why he should be banned. Not because of the country he was born in or because he is "shit" FFS.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/nikita-mazepin-f1-haas-controversy-26355038

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/formula...whose-father-is-ally-of-vladimir-putin-319475

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Mazepin's father, who funds his sons drive and the team has close links with Putin and met him as recently as January. That's why he should be banned. Not because of the country he was born in or because he is "shit" FFS.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/nikita-mazepin-f1-haas-controversy-26355038

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/formula...whose-father-is-ally-of-vladimir-putin-319475
So because his father funds his drive and because of something his father has done, not him. Why? That is the most illogical of all reasons! :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So because his father funds his drive and because of something his father has done, not him. Why? That is the most illogical of all reasons! :lol:
Yeah.

I suppose that, without his dad's money, Mazepin's position at Hass is basically lost. But as long as there is no evidence of Mazepin himself cosying up to Putin or anything like that, I don't see why he should lose his seat just because his dad is being ostracized.

Uniquim

as recently as January? He was there for this 'meeting with representatives of Russian business circles' with Putin on the SAME DAY that Putin launched the invasion of Ukraine.

This guys lists them all:

Fluctuation0161

So that seems laughable to you. But your xenophobia seems a valid reason to ban 144 million Russians? Based only on something their parents have done, not them, which is have a child in Russia.

Very strange lack of logic. But carry on, I don't want to derail the thread.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
So that seems laughable to you. But your xenophobia seems a valid reason to ban 144 million Russians? Based only on something their parents have done, which is have a child in Russia.

Very strange lack of logic. But carry on, I don't want to derail the thread.
It's laughable because there's as little logic to the idea as any, hardly to mention wrong in point of fact, however your accusation of xenophobia is well wide of the mark and unworthy of you, not demonstrated in anything I've had to say. It's a shame we disagree but if you are going to cut up nasty I think it would be best to leave the subject.

The proposal will affect a tiny number of Russian drivers, is intended to join other sports in showing Putin the disapprobation he is held in by the rest of the World, not the Russian people themselves. Not attempting to punish one son or people for their father or leader's actions.

slyadams

Sanctions are intended to impact both leaders and the people. One of the aims is to disenfranchise the people from their government and essentially encourage rebelion. I have no objection to banning Russian drivers, that country has invaded another sovereign nation and is at war, it is not "business as usual". Is this the fault of individual Russians? Mostly no, but equally any government can be overthrown by its people given the will. If the Russian state as a whole maintains its status quo and continues to engage with these actions they must be totally ostracized from the rest of the world.

If not, where do you stop? Russia invades Moldova and we continue? They invade Estonia and now NATO are involved, do we still allow their athletes to continue? If not where are you drawing the line? NATO is not the definition of when a line is crossed, in most people's mind the line has now been crossed.

dinostar77

Apparently Max has signed a new £40mil per season, minimum 4 year deal with red bull.