F1 2022 Season

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Toto said in a straight fight vs Max on same tyres they wouldn’t have won today.

Jcrossley94

It's in Merc tradition by now to leave Hamilton on old tires against Max on softs and then moan about it.
I’m assuming you’re talking about Abu Dhabi, where I sincerely doubt merc we’re expecting the safety car restart rules to fly out the window, they’d have been mental to pit Lewis at that point

F-Red

Yeah, I forgot that you Lewis fans understand all the details behind his every bad move.

You do realise that as a front driver at the same time he is able to warm up his tires the most because he controls the restart? Also it's literally one of shortest straights, you lot blamed Alonso in the last race because he didn't give any fight to Verstapen in fecking Alpine but when it's Lewis then it's not his fault.
It's not even up for a debate of his every bad move, it's a basic F1 fact that if there's a variance in tyre compounds then the softer will come to temperature quicker and the softer runner will have the advantage straight away. If you know what you're talking about you'll realise that the gap between the soft and medium at this race was one of the largest on the calendar, so performance difference on tyres alone would suggest Hamilton was a sitting duck. Put the car in between that discussion and the performance gap grows. No one will talk about it as it was some Hollywood F1 move, because it was fully expected.

You will be the only one to talk about it as you think it's an event, to most fans of F1 it was a non-event and inevitable. No idea what you're referencing regarding me posting about Alonso, if you can enlighten me? Regardless, you do you though.

Jcrossley94

It's not even up for a debate of his every bad move, it's a basic F1 fact that if there's a variance in tyre compounds then the softer will come to temperature quicker and the softer runner will have the advantage straight away. If you know what you're talking about you'll realise that the gap between the soft and medium at this race was one of the largest on the calendar, so performance difference on tyres alone would suggest Hamilton was a sitting duck. Put the car in between that discussion and the performance gap grows. No one will talk about it as it was some Hollywood F1 move, because it was fully expected.

You will be the only one to talk about it as you think it's an event, to most fans of F1 it was a non-event and inevitable. No idea what you're referencing regarding me posting about Alonso, if you can enlighten me? Regardless, you do you though.
Not entirely sure why you’re bothering….

F-Red

RB are bringing a lighter chassis to monza. It will be a snorefest unless max has a dnf. That RBs electrical motor deployment is something else.
Wasn't sure if it was Monza or Singapore as to when they'll bring it. If it's Monza then it wouldn't surprise me if there's a 0.5-0.75 gap in qualifying from Verstappen to P2.

The Hilton

Don't waste your time, you're debating with a troll effectively, he'll be suggesting that the Mercedes is the faster car next.

laughtersassassin

Great race that.

Russell earned the 2nd calling his own race.

Great by Max again.

Merc and Lewis too afraid to lose track position as they often are

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Apparently Lewis went on the radio and suggested to go to softs but Merc said they were staying on the medium ?

mitChley

Herta a done deal to AT if he gets his SL. Anyone know much about him? I've seen bits on the highlights of IndyCar but can't say I've noticed much.

dinostar77

Regardless of what happened, just the teaser of mercedes providing a competitive car for hamilton to go up against max showed what f1 has been missing this year. Hopefully need season we get a proper round two over the season of max v lewis.

hobbers

how exactly can you say that? indycar champion, tsunoda is nothing special
He’s not an indycar champion is he? He’s won something like 7 indycar races. Comparable to Yuki winning 3 F2 races.

If you want the best indycar driver it’s Palou.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s not an indycar champion is he? He’s won something like 7 indycar races. Comparable to Yuki winning 3 F2 races.

If you want the best indycar driver it’s Palou.
ah yes my bad sorry getting them mixed up.

Herta had a test in a Mclaren recently and did well, I think it’s more of a push to break into the american market anyway

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Ferrari and merc pretty close in the constructors

Going to be exciting watching them find ways to throw points away and retire cars so that they can finish third and get more wind tunnel time

Based on Ferrari this season I'd back them to find a way to mess it up and finish third

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Hamilton needs to realise them both staying out was never going to result in them keeping Max behind. It would have happened sooner or later. Russel made the right call and Mercedes should have anticipated what happened the moment they knew the safety car required going through the pits. Hamilton should have come in too and tried to take second.
Max breezed past Lewis without DRS at the restart.

I can't imagine a scenario where neither Merc pits and they manage to keep Max behind.

goalscholes

The worst possible option Mercedes could have made was leaving Lewis and pitting Russell. Made no sense.

RB are even further ahead with strategy than even their dominant car and driver, although they also get a crazy amount of luck.

Lewis absolutely luckless yet again.

ArjenIsM3

Honestly I don't think Mercedes were ever going to win today but they were very good for the majority of the race. Right up untill it mattered most. Then they fecked up monumentally by not putting Lewis on softs. It should have been a 2-3 for them today. He had every right to be upset but man did he lose it :lol: If that had been Max.. ;)

redshaw

Apparently Lewis went on the radio and suggested to go to softs but Merc said they were staying on the medium ?
Yes the team decided to split the strategy. Toto said something like Lewis was only on 5 lap old tyres and it was worth a gamble and he was furthest car ahead.

I thought they should've brought them both in to secure second and third as you have to worry about Leclerc as well. Max sailed past without DRS. I just don't think it was ever on to fight Max, they had the beating of Ferrari and Perez and brought those guys back in the race.

Adam-Utd

Yes the team decided to split the strategy. Toto said something like Lewis was only on 5 lap old tyres and it was worth a gamble and he was furthest car ahead.

I thought they should've brought them both in to secure second and third as you have to worry about Leclerc as well. Max sailed past without DRS. I just don't think it was ever on to fight Max, they had the beating of Ferrari and Perez and brought those guys back in the race.
The best strategy would have been to leave Max 1 and Russell 2.

Keep Russell within DRS range of Lewis and defend like that. Russell getting a draft + DRS would have given him enough of a chance to defend until Max's tyres got hot.

Unfortunately Mercedes still have the ego of being the best and trying to win without being smart.

The restart though? I can't believe Lewis would make such a dumb mistake. He gunned it at literally the WORST possible moment. Sheesh.

goalscholes

The safety car was massive luck for Lewis. He wasn't getting anywhere close to Max 12s behind with 18 laps left.
Max probably would have won anyway as his pace on the straights meant Lewis couldn’t defend, but the VSC came at the perfect time for Max ended Lewis’ chance of victory (almost a 30s swing to Max).

The SC should have probably been fairly neutral as everyone should have swapped onto softs, but it forced his team to make a decision which they got wrong, and cost Lewis a podium.

hobbers

The SC should have probably been fairly neutral as everyone should have swapped onto softs, but it forced his team to make a decision which they got wrong, and cost Lewis a podium.
Hardly neutral when Max's 12 second lead became 0 seconds. If Bottas hadn't retired he'd have easily matched Lewis on lap times until the end without even pushing. It cancelled out the luck from Yuki and the VSC.

redshaw

Lewis saying on the last restart he was in the wrong engine mode so was down on power which made it look even worse.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
This season is a write off. Lfg from next season and hope ferrari and merc make improvements to their teams in all facets. Cant take another season of Red bull walking it. But due respect to Verstappen, True champion

dinostar77

Alpha Tauri could be in trouble. Radio message to yuki is basically telling him to drive out of the pits and stop on track. If he had stopped in the pits. The pit lane would have been closed and max wouldnt have been able to pit.

Probably more of a conspiracy at the moment on twitter. But i can see this getting bigger...

Jcrossley94

Alpha Tauri could be in trouble. Radio message to yuki is basically telling him to drive out of the pits and stop on track. If he had stopped in the pits. The pit lane would have been closed and max wouldnt have been able to pit.

Probably more of a conspiracy at the moment on twitter. But i can see this getting bigger...

hobbers

Red Bull not satisfied winning both titles in Japan, they wanted to win them in Singapore.

When is Bottas getting probed for another fake engine failure.

dinostar77

Hope this isnt true and what it implies. Max is more than quick enough this season to win without dodgy dealings from redbull's sister team.

The wdc is done, he doesnt need another title to be tarnished by something outside of his control.

Jcrossley94

Hope this isnt true and what it implies. Max is more than quick enough this season to win without dodgy dealings from redbull's sister team.

The wdc is done, he doesnt need another title to be tarnished by something outside of his control.
It is very strange, but I sincerely doubt RB would risk the championship for a GP where the worst they would have finished would have been p3, and likely would have still won anyway

Adam-Utd

It is very strange, but I sincerely doubt RB would risk the championship for a GP where the worst they would have finished would have been p3, and likely would have still won anyway
They desperately didn't want Lewis to win the race. If you know anything about the RB/Mercedes rivalry, they'll make damn sure Mercedes don't win a race this year.

The way Alphatauri handled this situation was either very dodgy or extremely unsafe.

goalscholes

I think it's more likely that the AT strategists realised the consequences of Yuki stopping in the pitlane on RB/AT in the heat of the moment, or were made aware, and told him to keep going and stop on track, rather than something more 'planned'.

But agree with Adam on the second part, it was either dodgy or really stupid/ unsafe.