F1 2022 Season

pauldyson1uk

I think RB are just an unlikeable bunch under Horner and Marko. Max also does not endear himself with his over aggressive driving and brake checking, but I think over time I could warm to Max. Horner and Marko never. :lol:
I have said many times, I quite like Max, he has fire in his belly and wants to win, sometimes at any cost, Horner could have managed him better, maybe not have massaged his ego so much, but so many year chasing Lewis and Mercedes clouded his judgement, maybe I would have done the same.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
As long as it’s a Ferrari that wins it next year I’m happy, I’d like sainz to win it he’s just smooth operator.

Also the start of the season just looks weird with the aussi gp being the 3rd race and no Malaysian gp

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

Ferrari will pull the covers off its all-new 2022 car in mid-February, in the week that will precede the start of pre-season testing at Barcelona on February 23.

The Scuderia's 2022 charger, designed to the specifications of Formula 1's new regulation platform that aims to bring the racing closer together, has yet to receive its name according to team boss Mattia Binotto.

"The car will be presented middle of February," confirmed Binotto, speaking at Ferrari's annual Christmas media event.

"We have not decided yet the date. From the 16th to the 18th of February, that will be the date, but it’s something that will be finalised in the next weeks."

Elaborating on the Italian outfit's prospects for next season, Binotto said that its car's development was following a positive course.

But the Swiss engineer steered clear of predicting where Ferrari may sit in the pecking order as there were simply too many unknowns regarding the Scuderia's rivals.

dinostar77

Ferrari will pull the covers off its all-new 2022 car in mid-February, in the week that will precede the start of pre-season testing at Barcelona on February 23.

The Scuderia's 2022 charger, designed to the specifications of Formula 1's new regulation platform that aims to bring the racing closer together, has yet to receive its name according to team boss Mattia Binotto.

"The car will be presented middle of February," confirmed Binotto, speaking at Ferrari's annual Christmas media event.

"We have not decided yet the date. From the 16th to the 18th of February, that will be the date, but it’s something that will be finalised in the next weeks."

Elaborating on the Italian outfit's prospects for next season, Binotto said that its car's development was following a positive course.

But the Swiss engineer steered clear of predicting where Ferrari may sit in the pecking order as there were simply too many unknowns regarding the Scuderia's rivals.
Really hope the unsubstantiated rumour that Mercedes are way ahead of the pack for next years car are true. I want them to lap the entire field by the end of the opening race.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Really hope the unsubstantiated rumour that Mercedes are way ahead of the pack for next years car are true. I want them to lap the entire field by the end of the opening race.
It that's the case might as well as not watch it then, last thing we need after the last 12 years is another procession.

NM

And the only people watching F1 for the rest of the year will be people from the UK :lol:

Hamilton was wronged. It sucked. Move on.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't think anybody has actually run their cars yet have they?

Of course likley merc have a good engine but the fuel mix will change next year so remains to see who that suits

Low rake should be the way to go with the new ground effect aero and merc has always tended to go low rake so again that should suit them.

But perhaps somebody has come up with double diffuser type idea that will take a midfield car to the front

Or the fia will just make the rules up as they go along to help max

Doubt even the first test will revel much possibly not even the second as all teams will be trying to discussed their pace and hide innovations

pauldyson1uk

I have heard the same also, also read that RB put a ton of work into the 2021 car just to win and at the detriment of 2022, not sure how true this is.
Part of me want Mercedes to stick it to RB and FIA for the farce that was the last race ( yes I know its bitter but it still leaves a bad taste ) and blow the rest out of the water, but the rest of me wants another close season, with a number of teams in the running.

dinostar77

I have heard the same also, also read that RB put a ton of work into the 2021 car just to win and at the detriment of 2022, not sure how true this is.
Part of me want Mercedes to stick it to RB and FIA for the farce that was the last race ( yes I know its bitter but it still leaves a bad taste ) and blow the rest out of the water, but the rest of me wants another close season, with a number of teams in the running.
I just want one season of utter Mercedes dominance just to fix the travesty of last season. Then I'm all for really close racing after that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its been less than a month. The Hand of God is still going strong after more than 35years. If one isn't angry, bitter or worse, then the F1 fan isn't really a fan but just the sort of TV viewer as The Masi was intended for.

vangagal

Is Masi still on the job? He is not going anywhere, isnt he?
I dont know what sort of tricks he's gonna pull out next year if he get away free from this debacle.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I dont know what sort of tricks he's gonna pull out next year if he get away free from this debacle.
If he fluffed his lines in that pressure cooker red flag situation in Abu Dhabi, imagine the pressure and scrutiny he will be under for every race next season?

I would love to see a before and after photo of him from Jan 2021 and Dec 2022.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The FIA is like the FA.

They'll double-down and protect the inept idiots they have on the payroll instead of admitting their mistake.

hobbers

It's only genuine competition when one team win 14 out of 14 championships.

The Firestarter

So many scandals swept under the rug and only now people are worried about "genuine competition" :lol:

Balljy

You're right, what I've said is an example of no competition at all.
That's part of sport though, with a chance for other teams to go for the title by building cars to compete. It's not Verstappens fault and he deserved the championship but the changing the rules at the end of the race showed F1 up for what the FIA want it to be by forcing drama and "entertainment"

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
This is the first scandal I can remember that has happened right in front of us. Spygate with McLaren was ridiculous, but it wasn’t played out on the last lap of the last race deciding the championship.
McLaren and Jordan using radio to signal lights out, only to be caught when they changed the timing of the radio signal, F1 has a history of cheating, Massa could of been champion if is wasn’t for crashgate.

gormless

McLaren and Jordan using radio to signal lights out, only to be caught when they changed the timing of the radio signal, F1 has a history of cheating, Massa could of been champion if is wasn’t for crashgate.
Crashgate, we didn’t know it was deliberate until a while later (I think when Nelson jr left the team). We didn’t see it play out, complete with radio chats as we did with Masi/Max/Lewis.
I have no idea about the McLaren/Jordan thing, a cursory google hasn’t produced any results so I will have to bow to your knowledge for that.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Crashgate, we didn’t know it was deliberate until a while later (I think when Nelson jr left the team). We didn’t see it play out, complete with radio chats as we did with Masi/Max/Lewis.
I have no idea about the McLaren/Jordan thing, a cursory google hasn’t produced any results so I will have to bow to your knowledge for that.
It’s the last one

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s the last one
this is f1 at its best though isn’t it?

gaining an advantage through pure genius. It wasn’t technically illegal, but it was cheating at the same time. Watching them get caught out was absolutely brilliant.

hobbers

You’re either being purposely obtuse or being remarkably dim (no offence).
I havent said anything complicated so I'm not sure what's confusing you.

The same team winning every championship for 7 years in a row does far more to undermine the sport's competitiveness and integrity than one rushed dodgy call made with the right intentions.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Never heard about the lights one, that's brilliant