g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2023 Season

hobbers

Seems the sky lads were pretty much spot on with their team rankings. Alphatauri and Williams are bottom and look slow as feck. McLaren are poor. Alfa Romeo not great. Alpine and Haas are 5th and 6th. Mercedes may well be 4th.

F-Red

I'd be surprised if Stroll races this weekend, he was pushing the steering wheel through one. Looks like he may have come back a little too early.

Canagel

How did Alonso compare with Red Bull and Ferrari on the long runs?

If the long run is as good as the short run he is 100% in the title battle.

avgp_1

How did Alonso compare with Red Bull and Ferrari on the long runs?

If the long run is as good as the short run he is 100% in the title battle.
From what I saw, he was matching Max and both were a couple of tenths on avg ahead of Perez and Leclerc

JuriM

Alonso really gonna go full sandbag tomorrow and be like p14 in Q1 just to piss so many off

Leg-End

I don’t usually judge anything until Q3 but Mercedes does look like they have dropped back further into the field, that is massively disappointing. Our only hope is Ferrari not doing a Ferrari this season and Alonso’s last dance.

pauldyson1uk

I don’t usually judge anything until Q3 but Mercedes does look like they have dropped back further into the field, that is massively disappointing. Our only hope is Ferrari not doing a Ferrari this season and Alonso’s last dance.
I am the same, I have come to same conclusions has you, unless they are hiding something, Mercedes might not even get out of Q2

Canagel

From what I saw, he was matching Max and both were a couple of tenths on avg ahead of Perez and Leclerc
I think it will be difficult for him to win this race without the second car at the front but he should at least be on the podium with that pace.

Red Bull will split their strategies if needed, they are still the favorites.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yep, merc look crap.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Inject Alonso in a good car straight into my veins

dinostar77

Hamilton:

When asked about the gap to Ferrari, Hamilton said: “It looks like the Aston is second and we’re between third and fourth [with Ferrari]. So we’re either where were last year or if not, a little further behind.

“It’s difficult for everyone and it’s not where anyone in the team wants to be, certainly not where I believe everyone in the team deserves to be because everyone continues to work so hard, really so courageous and thoughtful in their process. We’re just on the wrong track, just got to continue to graft away and find a way to get ourselves back on track. Right now we’re a long way off from the guys in front.”

“Do I believe we can close the gap at some stage? Yes but I think it’s quite hard with the concept we have.“

hobbers

AM the fastest in slow speed, this is such a traction heavy track that bodes well for them if the tyres hold up.

Leg-End

I would genuinely love a Alonso vs Max title battle because Nando would throw the kitchen sink at it, mind games, track games, all of it.

Norris

Can someone share the links and code to the fantasy league? I don't see any threadmarks for this.

dinostar77

Mercedes do have new sidepods coming, which will ditch the current design. Its really looking like they arent ready for the start of the season. The new rear wing wasnt ready in time for winter testing. Obviosuly the new sidepods arent ready. Woud love to know whats been happening over thw winter break, for them to be so far off from ready with the actual car for this season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...t-sidepod-upgrade.78K62JBkt48oj3h5gchUOU.html

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Toto was saying all the right things at the end of last season. Learning from mistakes, design philosophy etc etc. I thought they would get it right this pre season.

Ahmer Baig

Lance's pace without any testing and sore wrist should frighten people for one of two reasons:
a) the car is that good
b) Alonso still holding back

2) Aston Martin are in an unexpected position regulations wise. Red Bull only every accounted for the WT deficit to their nearest rivals (Ferrari and Mercedes). From that point of view, the WT restriction may be small if they don't waste any time. The problem is never in RB's wildest dreams did they imagine that the P7 WCC car, would start the season on near equal footing, while having overwhelmingly more WT time

https://i.postimg.cc/kgBNKzT1/image.png

This makes AMR dangerous not just in Bahrain, but for the in-season development race. AMR will have nearly 40% more throughput in their windtunnel than RB, led by Dan Fallow.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
On Social media there is vids of Lance bring helped out of his car, how is this safe?
FIA going on about a nose piecing on Lewis, but allowing Lance to drive.
yeah. They should ban him from racing ffs. He’s not just a danger to himself but the other drivers.

dinostar77

Lance's pace without any testing and sore wrist should frighten people for one of two reasons:
a) the car is that good
b) Alonso still holding back

2) Aston Martin are in an unexpected position regulations wise. Red Bull only every accounted for the WT deficit to their nearest rivals (Ferrari and Mercedes). From that point of view, the WT restriction may be small if they don't waste any time. The problem is never in RB's wildest dreams did they imagine that the P7 WCC car, would start the season on near equal footing, while having overwhelmingly more WT time

https://i.postimg.cc/kgBNKzT1/image.png

This makes AMR dangerous not just in Bahrain, but for the in-season development race. AMR will have nearly 40% more throughput in their windtunnel than RB, led by Dan Fallow.
AM are the only team other than RB who can run their floor 10mm closer to the ground than the rest of the grid. Its something to do with the front axle of the car. Therefore they are generating more downforce.

AM closing the gap to RB so dramatically should pave the way for the rest of the grid to follow suit i would hope. Would be good for f1 if we had clones of the current AM car as it would tighten the pack up from front to back.

Fingers crossed that alonso can provide a title challenege to RedBull this season. Or ferrari can. We really dont need a precession of a season like last year again.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think we should wait for Q3. AM are definitely much further up but the lap times are still back from last years quali and this years cars are expected to be faster. Ferrari perhaps and Red Bull will have more in the locker. No doubt AM too, but I would still sadly expect AM to be back from RB. It’s way too early to start thinking about an actual title challenge.

pauldyson1uk

yeah. They should ban him from racing ffs. He’s not just a danger to himself but the other drivers.
Iam not saying that, he passed the extraction test at the second attempt, but take the Roman crash, if that happens again, Lance would be dead, because he could not get himself out.
Why the big push to drive ? clearly he is not fit, take a few races off, it wont harm him, but carry on and he could have problems with his wrist for life.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Iam not saying that, he passed the extraction test at the second attempt, but take the Roman crash, if that happens again, Lance would be dead, because he could not get himself out.
Why the big push to drive ? clearly he is not fit, take a few races off, it wont harm him, but carry on and he could have problems with his wrist for life.
I know, but I am. The videos we see of him struggling while driving and then not being able to get out of the car properly are disturbing considering what he's doing (driving 200 mph + around other cars doing the same). We know that it only takes one tiny lapse of concentration or a mistake to cause a massive accident. It's negligence by all involved to let him race.