F1 2023 Season

mitChley

This could be tight, Leclerc showing again his pace in qualifying, but they look slower than Red Bull for me definitely.

Mercedes' livery looks badass.
I really liked it in the photoshoot but I find in track footage the amount of bare carbon versus black paint looks a little less appealing. Almost like when you clean a black car poorly and leave swirls in the paint.

JuriM

Wasn't a perfect lap from Alonso, but Leclerc and Verstappen were very fast.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Leclerc probably saving softs for the race, I doubt they can beat Red Bull today, and Red Bulls made one attempt less in Q2.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, probably smart from Ferrari in the end. They don't have the pace to improve on that

pacifictheme

It's not q3 yet and even then, the race will tell us even more. Last season ferrari was quick over one lap but they often were more damaging to their tyres in the race which caused them issues.

Having said that here's hoping for a 4 way fight.
Wow I am shocked. Red bull 1 2

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think we should wait for Q3. AM are definitely much further up but the lap times are still back from last years quali and this years cars are expected to be faster. Ferrari perhaps and Red Bull will have more in the locker. No doubt AM too, but I would still sadly expect AM to be back from RB. It’s way too early to start thinking about an actual title challenge.
As expected!

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Guys, this is not over yet. Don't forget that Red Bull usually have the quickest race pace and are very good on their tires too. :lol:

F-Red

Expected result in the end, lack of tyres for everyone bar RB and Ferrari left Q3 to be a bit of a damp squib.

dinostar77

Q3 was crap. Alonso had a scruffy lap. RB 0.6 ahead of mercedes and 0.3 ahead of ferrari.

Thats not good for the season ahead.

Telsim

Red Bull in a league of their own, especially Verstappen. I think this might one of the most crushing domination seasons for a long time.

Have to give it to AM - massive improvement.

F-Red

Red Bull in a league of their own, especially Verstappen. I think this might one of the most crushing domination seasons for a long time.

Have to give it to AM - massive improvement.
In season development will make a lot of difference this year and the gaps are relatively close compared to last year. Given RB will have limited wind tunnel time I don’t expect it to be a much of a domination as last year.

dinostar77

RedBull just made it worse for everyone, perez just said both RBs were setup for race conditions not qualifying. Jesus.

hobbers

They compromised their straight line speed in qualy for lower deg in the race. And still qualified 1st and 2nd.

Telsim

Since er... Checks notes... 2022.
Even worse. At least last year for a while there was some hope Ferrari might actually mount a good challenge, and won some poles. I'm talking Schumacher 2004 or Vettel 2013 domination.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can't fault them for nailing it under cost cap conditions - that being said - :boring:

ArjenIsM3

In season development will make a lot of difference this year and the gaps are relatively close compared to last year. Given RB will have limited wind tunnel time I don’t expect it to be a much of a domination as last year.
This.

avgp_1

Didn’t quite understand why so many just went for 1 run in the middle. No new softs?
RedBull I think didnt use new tires in Q1, saved an extra set for Q3.

Sargeant looked the most impressive of the rookies, Piastri and De Vries getting well beaten by their teammates

The Hilton

The gap is much further than last year, as at least then RB had some technical issues and it took them about a third of the season to pull away from everyone.

The lack of wind tunnel time could make a difference if one of the three challengers find a magic box with a lot more pace in, but RB are so far ahead it looks very unlikely.

This season will be the same domination as the latter half of last season.

pacifictheme

RedBull I think didnt use new tires in Q1, saved an extra set for Q3.

Sargeant looked the most impressive of the rookies, Piastri and De Vries getting well beaten by their teammates
Piastri has a much better team mate tbf and there is a reason de vries didn't get a drive until late in his career.

F-Red

The gap is much further than last year, as at least then RB had some technical issues and it took them about a third of the season to pull away from everyone.

The lack of wind tunnel time could make a difference if one of the three challengers find a magic box with a lot more pace in, but RB are so far ahead it looks very unlikely.

This season will be the same domination as the latter half of last season.
If you're using Q3 as the benchmark for gaps, then it's pointless as not everyone had two sets of tyres and a new set would probably give 0.2 secs lap increase. Q2 was a bit more representative. Gaps between 1-8 is much closer than gaps between 1-8 from last year. Total field gap last year was around 2 seconds, now it's down to 1 second so gaps are relatively close compared to last year.

If Leclerc had gone for a new set on a final run then he would have been up there fighting for pole.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I know it was expected but so dissapointed in Mercedes and mclaren

Norris

Well, a long gruelling 23 race season, RBR comfotably ahead, Le Clerc giving up after 1 quali time, yep, will be a fun few months :lol:

F-Red

Alonso seems to be quietly confident on the long run race pace tomorrow, and low degradation on the tyres for AM - considering Bahrain is one of the highest for tyre deg he could be a shoe in for a podium and a dark horse for a race win.