F1 2023 Season

Abizzz

Uh, would recommend you read the thread a bit more carefully there mate
I understand the source language so why would I care about what people think about whoever tweeted about it!? Possibly the part about Verstappen is made up, possibly not. I don't see any conclusive proof for either, and given past conduct i'm inclined to believe it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I understand the source language so why would I care about what people think about whoever tweeted about it!? Possibly the part about Verstappen is made up, possibly not. I don't see any conclusive proof for either, and given past conduct i'm inclined to believe it.
Because the part about Verstappen is made up? And the thread has discussed how ridiculous and toxic F1 social media is, where people work themselves up into a tizzy about fake news?

The Firestarter

:lol:

hobbers

A microcosm of why this thread mimics F1 twitter.

Has anyone been to monza. Looking at getting tickets and staying in bergamo. Wondered what the travel links are like between bergamo and monza, f1 site says trains but I can’t find any that leave early enough for Sunday or direct to monza.
Monza is on the Milan mainline up to Lecco and Como (and continuing on to Switzerland). Couldn't tell you about Bergamo but in general trains from that side of Milan don't go into the city via Monza.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Monza is on the Milan mainline up to Lecco and Como (and continuing on to Switzerland). Couldn't tell you about Bergamo but in general trains from that side of Milan don't go into the city via Monza.
Thanks for the reply. I looked at staying in lecco too but flights goto Bergamo. I’m still looking at options, it may be too much to take on this year. Seems to involve a lot of trains and buses to get to the track

Thanks for the reply. I looked at staying in lecco too but flights goto Bergamo. I’m still looking at options, it may be too much to take on this year. Seems to involve a lot of trains and buses to get to the track
There are shuttle buses to the circuit from Monza station on race weekends.

Ahmer Baig

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Apparently F1 plans to adapt the schedule for the sprint weekends, and replace the Saturday morning practice with an additional qualifying specifically for the sprint race.

Isola was interviewed by German Sky during FP2, and he said the tyres for Baku are on its way already. So if they want to do this, the 2nd Quali would probably mainly be on used tyres.

https://news.italy24.press/local/429965.html

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/1925...ces-could-be-introduced-as-early-as-baku.html
This is ruining the sport, stop ffs

hobbers

Trust a Hamiltwit to start hyperventilating over some random gift shop item. Quite a funny one at that, bet they sold out almost immediately.

Ahmer Baig

This is ruining the sport, stop ffs
Why try to fix if it's not broken.

.So now, yet another step would be taken to improve sprint races. In this new format, sprint races would be separate from the regular race. Saturday would then be entirely dedicated to the sprint race: qualifying in the morning, and then the sprint race in the afternoon. However, the result of the sprint race will no longer affect the starting grid for Sunday's race. Instead, this starting grid will be determined by a traditional qualifying session, which will then be held on Friday afternoon. This way, drivers would have more room to duel in the sprint, as it would not negatively affect the race on Sunday. The first weekend using this format would be the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, as that is the first time a sprint race will be held this season.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Greed. Stupid fecking American greed. Ruined united and now ruining F1. Nowhere is safe.

hobbers

At least there was a sort of logic to the sprint weekends when the results determined the grid.

They think they'll max out on viewers Friday and Saturday because there will be key events on each day but they're idiots. If the sprint races count for minimal points and dont affect the grand prix order no one will care about them, including the teams.

You'll end up with teams bringing their A games on Friday and Sunday and just coasting through the Saturday to avoid crashes or mechanical problems.

pauldyson1uk

It might still be a month away, but Red Bull team principal Christian Horner's sights are already set on the first sprint race of the year in Azerbaijan at the end of April.

It's the first of six sprint races on this year's calendar, but Horner thinks the choice of Baku to host a Saturday sprint is a big mistake because of the risk of a major accident on a tight and twisty street circuit

“The reality is it's absolutely ludicrous to be doing the first sprint race of the year in a street race like Azerbaijan,” Horner told the media in Melbourne on Friday.

I actually agree with him, some parts of the track are really tight.

Horner fears 'ludicrous' crash damage risk in Baku sprint (f1i.com)

Balljy

If qualifying is Friday and the race Sunday. What would be the point of a separate qualifying and sprint inbetween that, what would it affect? I don’t get it
This moves it towards what the sprint race should be to be fair. It should be an independent race with spec cars so the drivers can go for it in the race with no risk of damage and it'd also be more interesting to watch them fight it out in the same cars and no worries about Sunday.

Maroon Lucifer

Saw this on reddit:

Max: "I'm happy with just the main race. I think that's way better for the excitement. I naturally of course hope there won't be too many changes, otherwise I won't be around for too long".

Australian GP FP2 Timesheet

pauldyson1uk

Australian GP Practice Two Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Fernando AlonsoAston Martin1:18.887
2) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.445
3) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.615
4) George RussellMercedes+0.785
5) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.808
6) Esteban OconAlpine+0.838
7) Sergio PerezRed Bull+1.196
8) Lando NorrisMcLaren+1.289