F1 2023 Season

dinostar77

Last ten laps

https://racingnews365.com/transcript-reveals-verstappen-disobeying-team-orders-during-saudi-gp

Lap​
Verstappen​
Perez​
39​
GP: Ok Max that was track limits for Turn 23 again. We will like to target a 33.0. 33.0.​
HB: Ok back to target now. So we're just covering Fernando he is doing 33.1​
GP: Max any more feedback on that issue from before?​
PER: Sorry repeat​
VER: Well it's still there​
HB: Target lap time 33.0. Max targetting the same. For reference that is +0.8 on the dash. +0.8.​
GP: Ok understood. Ok target 33.0. 33.0​
PER: I'm having a bit of a long brake pedal​
40​
GP: That's 33.0​
HB: Yeah copy we're having a look​
GP: Max, confirm 33.0​
41​
GP: 33.0. 33.0​
HB: Target 32.6. +0.4​
PER: Is Max doing the same?​
HB: Max's last lap is 32.6​
PER: Then why did you tell me 33:0?​
HB: Just target plus four, jobs a good'un​
PER: We are pushing without a reason guys, not smart to do​
42​
HB: Your lap 32.6. Max's lap 32.6​
PER: Guys we don't really need this​
HB: 8 laps to go​
PER: Let's go. Let's go do 33.0​
43​
GP: Max can you target 33:0 please?​
PER: What is the gap?​
HB: Gap is 4.3​
PER: So are we pushing now?​
HB: You're free to push. Free to push​
45​
GP: You have 5 laps remaining coming up. Gap is 5​
HB: 5 laps to go. Target +0.8. Gap 5.5 seconds​
VER: What's the fastest lap?​
GP: We are not concerned about that at the moment Max​
HB: Max's last lap 33.0​
VER: Yeah but I am​
GP: So 32.1, 32.1​
48​
PER: What is the fastest lap at the moment?​
HB: You've got the fastest lap. That's a 32.1​
CF​
PER: Did we get the fastest lap in the end or?​
HB: You were pipped on the last lap​
PER: Ah, great! Aha!​

hobbers

Not the full transcript. Odd that they missed out Max being told he was free to push same as Checo. I wonder why…

laughtersassassin

Not the full transcript. Odd that they missed out Max being told he was free to push same as Checo. I wonder why…
Max wasn't told he was free to push as it wasn't needed unless you mean before lap 39? Close to when Checo was told he was free to push as he wished Max had realised the gap wasn't catchable so slowed down to prepare for fastest lap.

It can be seen in his times as he goes from like 4.2 behind Checo back to around 6 before finally taking the fastest lap and like 1.2 seconds out of Checos time.

Basically both guys had a fair fight for fastest lap. Checo just misunderstood his engineer as nowhere was he told not to go for fastest lap or that Max wouldn't.

The full radios are available online to listen to.

Last edited:

dinostar77

Ted Kravitz said teams in pitlane are questioning the legality of RedBull DRS system as it gives them 20mph more speed than any other car when open.

Teams think something else is going on, maybe the floor also stalling or some other aero part.

Early days yet as they need to figure out how works before any team could in theory appeal to FIA or more likley copy the system for themselves.

muller

Ted Kravitz said teams in pitlane are questioning the legality of RedBull DRS system as it gives them 20mph more speed than any other car when open.

Teams think something else is going on, maybe the floor also stalling or some other aero part.

Early days yet as they need to figure out how works before any team could in theory appeal to FIA or more likley copy the system for themselves.
Redbull not playing by the rules? I don't believe you at all, no, never

pauldyson1uk

I dont for one minute think their DRS is illegal, OK it may be faster, but I am sure they would have consulted the FIA during every stage of design and development.
Would the same not apply to the design and development of the floor, maybe they have just found a way for then both to work better the other have not.
No feck it they are cheating, throw then out :p

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
I dont for one minute think their DRS is illegal, OK it may be faster, but I am sure they would have consulted the FIA during every stage of design and development.
Would the same not apply to the design and development of the floor, maybe they have just found a way for then both to work better the other have not.
No feck it they are cheating, throw then out :p
They have to be doing something different than others and found something though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Has anyone been to monza. Looking at getting tickets and staying in bergamo. Wondered what the travel links are like between bergamo and monza, f1 site says trains but I can’t find any that leave early enough for Sunday or direct to monza.

Ahmer Baig

Merc wind tunnel correlation affected by out-of-tolerance parts. Very disappointing if true, and relevant individuals have reportedly been dismissed.

https://www.formu1a.uno/en/mercedes-wind-tunnel-troubles-no-new-chassis-until-2024/

It has emerged that some parts used in the wind tunnel (the scale models) were inaccurate and went beyond the necessary parameters.

These problems have not only affected the development of the W14, such as the delays we reported during the winter, but also in terms of correlation. Subsequently, some of those who worked in this area have been dismissed.

Due to dissatisfaction with the wind tunnel numbers for the W14, development at Mercedes has been ramped up in recent weeks. In addition to innovations that will concern aerodynamics, including the sidepods, as already mentioned by Mercedes, there will also be mechanical and, most significantly, cooling changes.

What will not change is the chassis, which will stay the same – i.e, excavated and designed to optimise the zeropods concept – and remain different from the conventional design used by Aston Martin, for example.

In this respect, a new chassis will only be introduced with the W15 2024, due to the budget cap.

dinostar77

Merc wind tunnel correlation affected by out-of-tolerance parts. Very disappointing if true, and relevant individuals have reportedly been dismissed.

https://www.formu1a.uno/en/mercedes-wind-tunnel-troubles-no-new-chassis-until-2024/
Interesting article, though i disagree with the very last point made, that mercedes will retaun the zero sidepod design. Thats counter to everything we have heard recently that they are ditching it and copying RB like the rest of the grid bar ferrari and haas.

pauldyson1uk

It has emerged that some parts used in the wind tunnel (the scale models) were inaccurate and went beyond the necessary parameters.
So in simple terms, who ever made the scale models for the wind tunnel, cocked it up and in turn cocked up the car for the season.

pauldyson1uk

The FIA has launched the tender process for manufacturers that wish to bid for Formula 1's exclusive 2025 tyre supply contract.

The latter involves a three-year contract that will run for 2025 to 2027, with an option extending into 2028. The winning manufacturer will also supply tyres to the FIA Formula 3 and Formula 2 Championships.

Pirelli has been Formula 1's exclusive tyre manufacturer since 2011, the Italian company supplying its product through several regulation changes, the most significant of which was Grand Prix racing's switch to 18-inch wheels in 2022.

The FIA says the targets and specifications of the future tyre supply contract remain similar to the current contract, although bidding suppliers will be required to demonstrate the increased environmental sustainability of their product throughout its life cycle.

"These targets have been agreed through consultation with the Commercial Rights Holders and the Teams, and are designed to ensure a wide working range, minimise overheating, and have low degradation whilst also creating the possibility for variation in strategy," the FIA said.

"Other technological updates will include the requirement for tyres to be fitted with electronic identification to improve the efficiency of the scrutineering procedures."

The FIA is expected to announce the selected winning bidder around mid-June.

Ahmer Baig

Guru Johl Chief Aerodynamicist (No. 2) for Aston Martin has left and joined Alpha Tauri as Deputy Head of Aero. Mariano Alperin Chief of Aerodynamic Technology for Aston Martin has left and will join McLaren.

dinostar77

https://www.gptoday.com/details/vie...pen_boycott_driver_safetycar_after_interview/

Red Bull and Verstappen boycott driver safety-car after interview
A remarkable piece of news from Australia: Red Bull Racing and therefore Max Verstappen are boycotting this weekend's safety meetings involving the safety car driver. The reason is an interview Bernd Mayländer gave last week, according to the Swiss Blick. Article continues under ad Red Bull and Verstappen are outraged by Mayländer's remark against Auto, Motor und Sport. He said, "I walked through the hospitality with my helmet on and sat down behind the port first. I first had to clarify for myself what had just happened?" At least for Red Bull, this comment was enough to punish Mayländer.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
https://www.gptoday.com/details/vie...pen_boycott_driver_safetycar_after_interview/

A remarkable piece of news from Australia: Red Bull Racing and therefore Max Verstappen are boycotting this weekend's safety meetings involving the safety car driver. The reason is an interview Bernd Mayländer gave last week, according to the Swiss Blick. Article continues under ad Red Bull and Verstappen are outraged by Mayländer's remark against Auto, Motor und Sport. He said, "I walked through the hospitality with my helmet on and sat down behind the port first. I first had to clarify for myself what had just happened?" At least for Red Bull, this comment was enough to punish Mayländer.

such babies.

laughtersassassin

such babies.

You do realise that's a fake article being passed around by the really strange twitter LH cult.

That Stephanie person is seriously unhinged.

They make things up for themselves to then get pissed about. It's an endless cycle of madness.

hobbers

Nothing more tragic than these Hamilbots with their 40k+ deranged tweets. It really is a cult.

Ahmer Baig

Circuit changes for Australian GP
  • A new vehicle opening has been created on the left-hand side at Marshal Post 10.5.
  • The pit exit width has been reduced to 4m and the pit exit line shortened. It now ends at the SC2 line.
  • The barriers and tyre barriers on the left-hand side at Turn 11 have been realigned to maintain a height of 1 metre.

hobbers

no different to some of the rabid Max fans, lets be honest both sets of fans have their fair share of ,lets say extreme fans who will post anything to wind the other side up.
Nah there's clearly a big difference. Team LH is a cult of personality, a lot of them aren't even motorsport fans. Also there's a lot more of them than for any other driver.

It's ones like Stephanie who make F1 twitter such a meme for being a toxic wasteland. These are the sort who caused Latifi and Masi to have to hire extra security. Who send death and rape threats to Newey's wife and Piquet's daughter. Because they're so invested in a cult of personality they think it's all fair game.

vangagal

Nah there's clearly a big difference. Team LH is a cult of personality, a lot of them aren't even motorsport fans. Also there's a lot more of them than for any other driver.

It's ones like Stephanie who make F1 twitter such a meme for being a toxic wasteland. These are the sort who caused Latifi and Masi to have to hire extra security. Who send death and rape threats to Newey's wife and Piquet's daughter. Because they're so invested in a cult of personality they think it's all fair game.
You just proved @pauldyson1uk point.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

:lol: Come on, you have to try harder if you want to WUM. There are lunatics on both sides.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
You do realise that's a fake article being passed around by the really strange twitter LH cult.

That Stephanie person is seriously unhinged.

They make things up for themselves to then get pissed about. It's an endless cycle of madness.
i reckon it’s true because you’re not going to go with stories that are entirely believable. you say things like “max starts selling his farts in jars and he’s sold out within an hour, with fans filming themselves huffing and passing out” actually i forget what point i was making.

Dan

You've missed the point completely - no one is disputing what Maylander said at the time. Your challenge is to find a credible source for Max / RB boycotting the meeting with him this weekend.
That’s not the first time it’s happened to me.:lol:

laughtersassassin

The interview with him is real. The articles saying Red Bull are boycotting him and the Saftey Car are fake which is what the online outrage is about. Trust me wether your a Merc fan, Red bull fan or a general fan of F1 your best off blocking people like Stephanie. They literally just spread hate and throw shit at the wall hoping it sticks.

Sure he goes onto say he is basically fine with how it ended and Max deserved it and that's sport etc etc etc.

It's pretty much the F1 equivalent of football twitter at this point.

F-Red

GPBlog is one of the worst out there in terms of 'sources'. It's best avoided along with PlanetF1 and Insider Racing.

Abizzz

Just when I started having a bit of respect for Jos' little bitch.