F1 2023 Season

Abizzz

Pit exit, 180 degrees turn, cold tyres.. what could possibly go wrong?

I hate this line of thinking.

Drive to the conditions. Race to the conditions. If you lose your car on the pit exit it's on the driver 100%. Being fast despite that is what racing is about.

Last edited:

ArjenIsM3

I hate this line of thinking.

Drive to the conditions. Race to the conditions. If you lose your car on the pit exit it's on the driver 100%. Being fast despite that is what racing is about.
Used to be, now it's all about minimizing risk.

Abizzz

Used to be, now it's all about minimizing risk.
To be first in a superior car that is the way to go, certainly. For everyone else trying to finish better than their car is it's the same as always.

Abizzz

I don't know how to break it to you... but there's always a first corner! And given that tires don't warm on a straight a straight there wouldn't do anything other than increase speeds for that first corner. The bigger problem for me is that the pit exit goes through the apex of the first corner (seen on other circuits too, but I'm not a fan).

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No one really has anything special to gain, so I doubt we will see many risks taken. Well, except Checo.

hobbers

Pit exit on the apex of a long hairpin is pretty moronic whatever the conditions.

At least Zandvoort keeps the pit exit line until the the corner is finished.

Ahmer Baig

@ChrisMedlandF1
Red Bull just revealed its Las Vegas livery by lowering a car from the roof of Omnia nightclub #F1 #LasVegasGP

Ahmer Baig

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...-avoid-1-october-shooter-affiliation-2899481/

The Las Vegas Grand Prix is looking to change the name of one of its buildings to avoid affiliation with the man behind the Oct. 1 mass shooting, officials said Tuesday.

Formula One representative Stephanie Allen said race officials had recently been told of the correlation of the use of the word “paddock” on their building site with the name Stephen Paddock, the gunman who perpetrated the worst mass shooting in U.S. history during the Las Vegas Route 91 Harvest Festival on Oct. 1, 2017.

Allen said paddock is a word used globally to describe the building that houses drivers’ garages, but told Clark County Commissioners that officials were looking at changing the name out of sensitivity to the community.

pauldyson1uk

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...-avoid-1-october-shooter-affiliation-2899481/

The Las Vegas Grand Prix is looking to change the name of one of its buildings to avoid affiliation with the man behind the Oct. 1 mass shooting, officials said Tuesday.

Formula One representative Stephanie Allen said race officials had recently been told of the correlation of the use of the word “paddock” on their building site with the name Stephen Paddock, the gunman who perpetrated the worst mass shooting in U.S. history during the Las Vegas Route 91 Harvest Festival on Oct. 1, 2017.

Allen said paddock is a word used globally to describe the building that houses drivers’ garages, but told Clark County Commissioners that officials were looking at changing the name out of sensitivity to the community.
OH FFS, is this not taking it a step too far, I presume they have come up with a strange name to call it instead.

Ahmer Baig

OH FFS, is this not taking it a step too far, I presume they have come up with a strange name to call it instead.
Clutching the straws. As someone pointed out in another forum

The British sticom Gavin and Stacey was (and still is) very popular and well liked in the UK, despite the writers deliberately naming the main characters after recent notorious serial killers.

Ahmer Baig

Verstappen felt like “a clown” at glitzy Las Vegas F1 opening ceremony

The drivers at the opening ceremony

Along with a drone show and musical performances, the event included a section during which the drivers emerged from giant boxes on the pit straight and were introduced to the crowd.

Verstappen, who also opted to miss a later VIP event at the Wynn’s hotel complex that F1 boss Stefano Domenicali asked all the drivers to attend, made it clear that he is not enjoying the Las Vegas experience thus far.

"For me you can all skip these things," the Red Bull driver said when asked about the ceremony. "It's not about the singer, it's just standing up there, you look like a clown."

"It's 99 per cent show and one per cent sporting event. Not a lot of emotions to be honest. I mean I don't like...I just want to always focus on the performance side of things, I don't like all the things around it anyway," said Verstappen.

Last edited:

Ahmer Baig

Leg-End

Drive the car, stop moaning etc....oh yeah sorry it was Max that said it, in that case Super Max!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Anyway all I care about is will all the temporary construction be gone by the time I get to Vegas in 3 weeks?

hobbers

Cant wait to see all the backflips Sky will have to do every few minutes while the cars are on track to excuse/justify this shitty race weekend.

Leg-End

It's been one of the most boring seasons on record, nothing is on the line, coming somewhere a bit whacky is just about the only interesting thing left before they finish up in a characterless desert.

That being said the track layout looks awful, the only interesting thing will be the Sphere.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They should have just gone full crazy and made it like Trackmania.

pauldyson1uk

goalscholes

Clutching the straws. As someone pointed out in another forum
Guess it’s more like someone called Johnny Pitlane shooting sixty people dead in Trafalgar Square 5 years ago, and then not using the phrase pit lane during a London GP which goes past the site.

Still a bit silly, but not as silly as the G&S comparison.