2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pellistri didn't do much today but, as others have said, he was up against a great left back. He should have scored early on though. However, despite the atmosphere and the opposition, he could at least control a football. More than some of his teammates could say for themselves tonight.

Aint gota Kalou

I've never really understood how people rate him that highly, hes tidy and has decent technique but don't see what else he really offers. He's rubbish around goal especially.

He's maybe decent enough to play at RW until some players are back fit, Mount or Bruno should be shifted there as soon as. Or Rashford with Garnacho LW

Irwin99

Top workrate but had to score that chance to go 1-0 up (though their defender did well to get back)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Industrious player but unspectacular. I'd still take him over Bruno on the wing.

youngrell

Thought he did well defensively, really put in a lot of work in that regard.

Really should be gambling at the back post though, that is one of the first things on your mind as a wide player when the ball is the other side. Could’ve picked up a goal or two.

Dan_F

I've never really understood how people rate him that highly, hes tidy and has decent technique but don't see what else he really offers. He's rubbish around goal especially.

He's maybe decent enough to play at RW until some players are back fit, Mount or Bruno should be shifted there as soon as. Or Rashford with Garnacho LW
People wanting to see a right footed winger on the right. I don’t see any other reason why he’s even seriously discussed as a first choice option.

I don’t want to knock young players, not that he’s going to be reading this, but he’s never United quality. feck me. The standards are so low that he can knock the ball past the full back, cross it into him and win a corner, and posters are praising him for trying to take his man on.

CM

I found the decision to bench him at home to Brighton and then start him away to Bayern bizarre. He did okay but it wasn't much of a game to judge him on.

siw2007

He did ok, he worked really hard. Just not big or strong enough

Oldyella

Was pretty average. Feels like a very rough game to try and stake a claim for a long term spot though.

Banana Republic

Such horseshit criticising the young lad in his first start this season, against one of the quickest FB’s in football, against older and more experienced players.
Pellistri hasn’t had much game time at all, only infrequent minutes here and there and people expect him to be Messi or something.
The team as a whole we’re not playing great and were being dominated by Bayern after they took the lead, so how could you expect the lad to somehow put on a masterclass, all on his own?

I think he did fairly well in the circumstances and should be given the chance to get more playing time, to see how far he can go.
It’s not as if there isn’t a vacancy crying out to be filled atm.
As others have said, he was fairly tidy and put in some good work in that early spell in the 1st half.

Did Rashford do any better on the LW after a few early runs?
No, he was isolated and owned by Upamecano for most of the match, even if he made the final pass for Rasmus’ goal.

Last edited:

DavelinaJolie

I've never really understood how people rate him that highly,
The backup QB is the most popular guy in town.

I've always liked his effort and he's got some qualities, but every time I've watched him play for Utd I've thought if he gets an extended run in the team he'll essentially have an Elanga trajectory.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I found the decision to bench him at home to Brighton and then start him away to Bayern bizarre. He did okay but it wasn't much of a game to judge him on.
Ten hag said he wanted to use him but had just made the trip back from South America so it was more fitness

Wheato

He needs building up in the gym, Ronaldo style, because the type of stocky and powerful full-backs that exist in world football now, can just brush him aside and they did tonight. If he's going to survive at this level, he needs to evolve and improve his physique.

I agree that he has lots to offer us on the right, and he will get better. He was occupied most of tonight trying to support Dalot.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Only reason to play him against Palace is to rest others. He can give us a bright 15 or 20 minutes, but he's not for this level. Nowhere close.

CM

Ten hag said he wanted to use him but had just made the trip back from South America so it was more fitness
Mmm, I'm still not really convinced by that reasoning. Even if Pellistri was a little bit tired from the travel, I still think a home game to Brighton is far more of an opportune time to introduce a player who has barely started for us than a big away game in Europe.

Anustart89

Who would've thought that Pellistri on the right wing wouldn't solve all our issues as a team?

Mainoldo

I’ve seen enough of a sample size now to know this kid has zero G/A.

keeps scuffing the opportunity to take good chances and when everyone’s fit he won’t get a lot more opportunities.

Okay player but let’s calm down with all this he needs to play b.s.

The Purley King

Thought he did pretty well overall.
Was neat and tidy in a largely average performance from the team overall.
He’s way better than anyone else we currently have available ont he right (including Bruno) so hopefully he gets some games over the next few weeks.

Dominos

Bizarre that he didn't start against Brighton but thrown in the deep end tonight. Was a very tough game against the quickest full back around in Davies.

I'd persist with him and start against Burnley, much better chance for him to show what he can do.

DarkXaero

It's incredible, the amount of hot takes in here to judge a young player on his first start against one of the best clubs in the world away, facing a top tier fullback.

Again, maybe he's not good enough but surely this game isn't the one to decide that he's not good enough?

The_Midfielder

Ten Hag said , it was because he traveled from South America

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Not a bad effort today, felt he kept Davies quiet.

Yet to show any significant level in attack. Just being on the pitch is not enough to succeed at United.

Early days but he really need to step it up both physically and attacking output.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Barely given any game time and then is put straight into the fire vs Bayern. Massively mismanaged.
What fire? Playing away at Bayern in the a CL is a wonderful opportunity for Pellistri. Some of you put players on an undeserved padestal. He’s not a 17 year old - he should be grateful to get such big opportunities at this stage of him career. If he’s not up to the mark then he’s not. I mean it’s not like the squad is overflowing with right wingers anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s clear to see why his game time is limited. I suppose all the whining about Antony starting ahead of him will finally dawn upon some. But I wouldn’t be too harsh on him - we’ve got a gaping hole at RW and he may improve with time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am not quite sure if anyone here said he has world class potential? He is nowhere near world class player potentially, but from his few appearances he obviously gives us something else on that right wing, he could well be another Dan James, but the fact is that we are lacking any quality there anyway so it's not the worst option in the world to start him and try to get some crosses for Hojlund, because Hojlund won't score a lot from Antony's wobbly shots, that's for sure.

His style reminds me of Valencia, less physical of course, but I would say he is pretty similar player to him.

What fire? Playing away at Bayern in the a CL is a wonderful opportunity for Pellistri. Some of you put players on an undeserved padestal. He’s not a 17 year old - he should be grateful to get such big opportunities at this stage of him career. If he’s not up to the mark then he’s not. I mean it’s not like the squad is overflowing with right wingers anyway.

It’s clear to see why his game time is limited. I suppose all the whining about Antony starting ahead of him will finally dawn upon some. But I wouldn’t be too harsh on him - we’ve got a gaping hole at RW and he may improve with time.
Yeah, you definitely weren't too hrarsh on him, judging him against world's possibly best fullback in what was pretty much his first serious game, in a game where you cannot name one of his attacking teammates that was better than him.

STYLOISRED

He was alright IMO. I never expected him to light up that right flank on his first start against A. Davies of all people. All he needed to do was not give the Left back space to contribute in attack and he did that. He will need a few games to really get into rythm. I can see some here have already written him off though which is par for the course on this site.

flameinthesun

A few posters in here acting like those of us who don't think he's good enough are basing it on this 1 game....this is his third season here, in that time we've seen him look decent for the reserves, bang average on loan and have the odd good game or two for Uruguay along with a few sub appearances sprinkled in. I wish the kid well but he simply doesn't have the talent or physicality for united.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would have been better to start Rashford RW and Garnacho LW

nau05194

Would have probably been better starting McTominay against Bayern. Pellistri is a good prospect, but I think McTominay would have been better suited and I think it was clear for all to see after he came on that United looked better.

IrishRedDevil

Would have probably been better starting McTominay against Bayern. Pellistri is a good prospect, but I think McTominay would have been better suited and I think it was clear for all to see after he came on that United looked better.
McT was shite.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Fingers crossed he starts at Burnley. Did nothing offensively yesterday, and should have scored, but I very difficult environment for a young player.

Telsim

If you think Pellistri is anywhere close to Antony .....

Antony in loads of normal games and big games has tended to be the only attacker who can take the ball under pressure and progress it. The gap between them is gigantic, hence why I find it strange these calls for Pelllistri to start. Fair enough if he was a Garnacho level talent but unfortunately the kid is nowhere close.
Which means absolutely nothing because he either loses it immediately after or shoots it out of play.

Pellistri has looked no worse than Antony in what little times he has been given. Granted, that bar couldn't be any lower. But he was pitted against Alphonso Davies at Allianz Arena in his first outing.

ti vu

Would have been better to start Rashford RW and Garnacho LW
Had no issue with trying something new starting Pellistri. However, by half time it's clear he's not any good influence for the game especially with the score line. How he lasted about 80 minute is just madness on ETH. Rashford is hit and miss on the right, but with little cameo there in this game toward the end is visible better than whatever performance from Pellistri.

A few posters in here acting like those of us who don't think he's good enough are basing it on this 1 game....this is his third season here, in that time we've seen him look decent for the reserves, bang average on loan and have the odd good game or two for Uruguay along with a few sub appearances sprinkled in. I wish the kid well but he simply doesn't have the talent or physicality for united.
Same thought. Pellistri is around Elanga kind of category. For some reasons, people keep want .They are only few month old apart with Elanga being the younger one. People here have no issue seeing Elanga for not being good enough. Sure Elanga has been given more chances, but it does look like output wise inckuding national team, Elanga has been the better one. It's like people want any young players to be given numerous chances to be proven shite before they actually accept the reality. Some players are just out of depth at required level. Pellistri being stuck around U23, and 5th choice for the first team is not a good position for his development nor for us.

flappyjay

We looked better because Bruno did a better job next to Casemiro than what eriksen was doing.