Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I’m pleased he’s staying a good option as a back up to lukaku (remember how much we missed a target man in the final) plus he can do a job in midfield. He’s a good asset to the squad. It also means we won’t be being held to ransom for Arnautović

Pyro19

As much as I don't like Fellaini, I can see the logic in renewing his contract.

If playing 3 in midfield and need a 5th choice then it's cheaper to sign him on rather than buying someone new.

It tells you how little Mourinho actually rates McTominay though, because he's not going to get a game next year as 6th choice.
He nominated Mctominay as his POTY at the United awards too.:lol:

It's hard to imagine what goes in Jose's head these days.

RyRy11

Looked better than any of the midfield trio for England, not sure if that's saying much however.

Jonno

When Claudio Ranieri took over at Leicester City he probably felt the same, but realising it was totally unrealistic he looked at his squad, decided on his tactics, and then got the very best out of everybody at his disposal. No moaning, no whinging, he just got on with it and won the League.

Now if you think Leicester had a better squad, or Manager....
So why didn't Ranieri do that at Nantes? Monaco? Greece? Inter Milan? Roma? Valencia? Parma? and on, and on?

If he is supposedly able to motivate squads and get the very best at his disposal, why hasn't he done it anywhere else? Why has no other manager ever done it in the Premier League?

Why didn't Pep come close to winning the league in his first season with City? Why didn't he get the very best out of Zabeleta, Hart, Iheanacho, Bony, Nasri, Navas? Why is he on his 3rd big name goalkeeper in 2 seasons?

You can't teach average players to become world class, that's why.

Comparing Mourinho's need to upgrade our squad in all areas with Ranieri freakishly winning the title with Leicester is a very flawed comparison.

Joseunited

just do not want this gangling prat to ever pull on a Manchester United shirt ever again.

Jonno

But there aren't 20 dross players, where the hell have you gotten that number from :lol: ?
I'm afraid the side he inherited WAS full of dross players.

Jones
Depay
Rooney
Januzaj
Blind
Shaw
Fellaini
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Darmian
McNair
Powell
Blackett
Valdes
Young (reborn under Mourinho)
Valencia (reborn under Mourinho)
Rojo (reborn under Mourinho)

That's a good 17 players I can think of off the top of my head who were considered first teamers by the previous manager, holding up valuable first team spots. None of which were good enough at that present time to mount a title challenge. Credit to Mourinho for transforming Valencia, and Young's fortunes but they were poor wingers too. Even if you disagree with a few on that list, which is subjective of course, its still a raft of sh!te that shouldn't be at a club like Manchester United. The upgrades he's made in the transfer market have been obvious and it's not finished yet.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm afraid the side he inherited WAS full of dross players.

Jones
Depay
Rooney
Januzaj
Blind
Shaw
Fellaini
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Darmian
McNair
Powell
Blackett
Valdes
Young (reborn under Mourinho)
Valencia (reborn under Mourinho)
Rojo (reborn under Mourinho)

That's a good 17 players I can think of off the top of my head who were considered first teamers by the previous manager, holding up valuable first team spots. None of which were good enough at that present time to mount a title challenge. Credit to Mourinho for transforming Valencia, and Young's fortunes but they were poor wingers too. Even if you disagree with a few on that list, which is subjective of course, its still a raft of sh!te that shouldn't be at a club like Manchester United. The upgrades he's made in the transfer market have been obvious and it's not finished yet.
Many of those players aren't currently playing so there aren't 20 or so players to get rid of as of now

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can we get him playing the piano with his elbows for social media please?
:lol:

This is probably one of the best posts in this thread to be honest.

The overreaction has been ridiculous. I don’t necessarily want Fellaini to stay, but I trust Jose knows what he is doing, after all it is his job on the line!

He is not a starter for us, and with the signing of Fred, I feel we have enough depth in central midfield for now.

C'est Moi Cantona

Mourinho just wanted as much exposure of McTominay as possible because he's the youth product he's brought into the first team squad.
Yep, he'll be hanging his hat on that for the foreseeable, a nice comfort blanket for him when people ask why Shaw and Rashford haven't kicked on, why Mensah, and Tuanzebe aren't anywhere in sight, and why Martial is ripping it up elsewhere.

Okey

Never thought I'd hear hear me say this but Fellaini was pretty impressive today, at the highest level. Even had some zip and snap to his game. I'll still celebrate the day he leaves United, but accolades where due...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
His technique is dire. That shot he had towards the end...opened his body and leant back. No surprise it hit the side netting.

Never thought I'd hear hear me say this but Fellaini was pretty impressive today, at the highest level.
It was an international reserves game that no one was arsed about. Not sure it was highest level.

EyeInTheSky

Mourinho just wanted as much exposure of McTominay as possible because he's the youth product he's brought into the first team squad.
Yep, he'll be hanging his hat on that for the foreseeable, a nice comfort blanket for him when people ask why Shaw and Rashford haven't kicked on, why Mensah, and Tuanzebe aren't anywhere in sight, and why Martial is ripping it up elsewhere.
Aside from your posts being fecking shite, what has Jose praising mctominay got to do with Fellaini contract talk?

Litch

well done lad, great performance. Haters will always hate.....

Wilt

Awful news if true. I hope it's just a case of financial sense that Utd can now sell him as opposed to just letting him go on a free transfer.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Watching England/Belgium now would suggest that’s exactly what he’d be doing if true, the term stealing a living has never been so true.
This is the crap I don’t understand.

Fellaini isn’t good enough for a club of man United’s caliber... okay I understand but the limits people go to discredit this guy is just sad

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol:

This is probably one of the best posts in this thread to be honest.

The overreaction has been ridiculous. I don’t necessarily want Fellaini to stay, but I trust Jose knows what he is doing, after all it is his job on the line!

He is not a starter for us, and with the signing of Fred, I feel we have enough depth in central midfield for now.
Haven’t you heard it is unacceptable for us not to have Toni Kroos as our fecking fourth choice midfielder

C'est Moi Cantona

Aside from your posts being fecking shite, what has Jose praising mctominay got to do with Fellaini contract talk?
Funny people like you, come riding in like they own the thread, probably looking for a pat on the back from like minded soles.

If you make a post that is slightly off topic, or not in fashion, then sure as hell someone will tell you soon enough.

Jonno

That's like the entire fecking squad!
The thing is, this is what people don't realise. Just how bad our squad was. Maybe not 20 players, slight exaggeration. But 14-16 or so really poor squad players, some still hanging on from Fergies era, some from Moyes' failed era, and lots from LVG's failed era. It has been an absolute mess since 2013, yet you look over the road and City have been intelligently acquiring top international players long before Pep's arrival and one has to admire the transfer policy. Pep has come in, spent plenty more on tweaking it to be his squad with his tactics.

What we're going through right now is what City started when Mancini left. Just look back through their transfers, it's pretty impressive.

Jonno

Plan B ffs. Who and what was SAF’s plan B when we made all those regular comebacks? Would people be happy if we signed Peter Crouch on a free as back up for Lukaku for these circumstances?
He’s better at Plan B than Fellaini and would be cheaper than 120k a week.
Impact subs, which is precisely what Fellaini is.

Jonno

If you think we have 20 dross players then you need to switch your set up box, probably you are watching other club as ManUtd.
Read again my friend. I said 20 dross players when Mourinho took over. Not 2 years later. Maybe you need to switch your PC monitor, because you are reading something other than what I wrote.

In reflection I've had a good look at the squad he inherited, and I reckon 14-16 are nowhere near good enough to mount a title challenge as posted recently in this thread.

Do you really think the squad Mourinho took over in 2016 was packed with world class players ready to win a title?

Jonno

That's like the entire fecking squad!
I perhaps should have worded it better. I was meaning at the start of Mourinho's reign, ie 2016. Since then he's gone on to replace around what 8-10 of them. I'd say around 15-20 players in the 2016 squad were not good enough to win a PL title.

The Bloody-Nine

Funny people like you, come riding in like they own the thread, probably looking for a pat on the back from like minded soles.

If you make a post that is slightly off topic, or not in fashion, then sure as hell someone will tell you soon enough.
Firstly, it's 'souls'.

Secondly, your post has been done 50 times already by like minded souls.

Thirdly, keeping a thread on topic is pretty much the done thing on forums.

EyeInTheSky

Can you believe this shite?

The lengths some cnuts go to in order to spam and poison threads with their bile even on completely unrelated threads.

They hate the fact that their false premises get thrown back in their faces time and again. Jose praised a youth player and builds him up and they have an absolute fit.

They actually think he gives a feck what a bunch of morons think on the web that he would make decisions as a fecking “comfort blanket” :lol:

Let’s ignore Rashford, Lingard, mctominay etc getting loads of game time. No let’s pick players with their first season on loan. You would think youth team players never went on loan before

Jonno

Don't bother with him in his bid to defend Jose he says lots of stupid things like City have 2 world class players in every position while Jose is inherited a shitload of dross so much he'll need about 10 years to sort it out
Lol... calm down mate, I simply post when I see unfair comparisons and judgement. I'm actually a complete neutral when it comes to Mourinho.

I simply defend finishing 2nd to a record breaking City with a half-built squad in comparison to a well built squad 4-5 years in the making... pretty valid defence. Check out their transfers in the last 4-5 years and note how well they've built their squad in comparison to United before Mourinho came in.

God forbid people debate about football on an internet football forum

Jonno

And what were Shaw Mensah and Tuanzebe doing before Mourinho came in?

Forget the fact he's transformed Lingard, Young, Valencia, Lukaku, our entire defensive unit, our league standing, our cup final presence. It's all Mourinho's fault Shaw broke his leg, struggles to keep fit, its Mourinho's fault Poch couldn't keep Shaw fit at Southampton, Mourinho's fault Shaw couldn't keep fit under LVG :lol:

Jonno

Many of those players aren't currently playing so there aren't 20 or so players to get rid of as of now
I worded it badly, I specifically meant there were 20 at the start of his reign. My bad. I've had to literally explain this to every response I got.

Jean-Philippe Jason

Supports
Belgian red devils
I honestly believe that Belgium national team has better players than Man Utd. I might be wrong.
But we are happy when Marouane plays because we think he's a great player. He has his role to play in our team.
I'll never understand how much s*** Man Utd "supporters" can throw at their own players.

The Afroman will score in the final of this Worldcup! Have fun at me. Insult me... but mark my words! ;) Good luck to England too!

EyeInTheSky

Insulting another member

Not only is it off topic it is baseless and pathetic that’s the point. Your literally lying and making stuff up like a rabid lunatic. It’s actually disturbing to see someone exhibit such an incessant agenda at every opportunity.

Typical behaviour when people like you get called out they resort to “you think you own the thread”

The key point is even yoirnoff topic BS was incorrect in and of itself. You just don’t like people calling you out on it. Just another spoilt brat post.

stevoc

I’m pleased he’s staying a good option as a back up to lukaku (remember how much we missed a target man in the final) plus he can do a job in midfield. He’s a good asset to the squad. It also means we won’t be being held to ransom for Arnautović
Only if Rashford, Martial and Sanchez are all injured/suspended, and even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.