Gaming Fifa 10

Domzi

I'm reserving any judgment until I play the actual demo. Please god let it be better than 09.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That's the thing with gameplay vids, everyone who plays them are shit at the game. I'll wait til the demo. I feel like I know the ins and outs of 09 so I'll definitely notice any differences in FIFA 10.

Demo is out on Thurs.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Can't tell anything from that...looks exactly the same. Won't know until we feel the fibre of it's fabric

F-Red

It definitely looks improved in terms of the player animations when they kick the ball. Quite looking forward to this Thursday

Biscuit1871

Fifa screenshots are a waste of time. i think i could produce a more realistic representation of the game in paint using my left hand.

As for the gameplay video, i think the guy playing as chelsea is holding down X (square) the whole time.

Maajid

Formerly Mad

Ekeke

The dribbling in the tutorial video seems quite like the dribbling introduced in pro evolution soccer 6, although obviously as the game is slower so too is the dribbling. But not much. The shooting looks a bit better than in Fifa 09, where there were a tad too many 'floaty' shots. I hope they havent taken them all out of the game, because you do see those rising shots now and again, from range, when watching football. But they shouldnt be so common that each game you see 5 or 6 of them. And so it was over the top last time around.

I agree the turning is sharper, ala the current Pro Evo games and can see the buffed animations too. And no I dont see the aerial/chipped passes moving significantly faster than Fifa 09, which were a bit too slow. In the match video there were a few nice passes that were stepped over, something we've seen in other games before, but implimented much better here. For example, when you do it in Pro Evo its slow and your players dont react swiftly to it. Here it seems to flow with the game which is very nice.

Overall it looks something like 75% Fifa 09 and 25% improvements to what they had before, in terms of the gameplay.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Seeing the screen-shot of Berbatov made me think of another thing that most football games have lacked. None have really found a way to allow you to get the best out of players like that. Usually in FIFA and PES, pace and power have always been by far the most destructive elements to any player. A Cristiano Ronaldo or Adriano will always be more effective than a Zidane or a Bergkamp. If they could improve the effectiveness of these type of players it would really help the game, perhaps through better use of the right analogue stick first touch feature, allowing these players to take perfect touches in whatever direction they want. Better first time passed flicks and things like that. I suppose it's difficult because those players are good because of what they have in their head, but if a gamer doesn't have any of that, then it all falls down.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
Seeing the screen-shot of Berbatov made me think of another thing that most football games have lacked. None have really found a way to allow you to get the best out of players like that. Usually in FIFA and PES, pace and power have always been by far the most destructive elements to any player. A Cristiano Ronaldo or Adriano will always be more effective than a Zidane or a Bergkamp. If they could improve the effectiveness of these type of players it would really help the game, perhaps through better use of the right analogue stick first touch feature, allowing these players to take perfect touches in whatever direction they want. Better first time passed flicks and things like that. I suppose it's difficult because those players are good because of what they have in their head, but if a gamer doesn't have any of that, then it all falls down.
I find this a problem in Pro Evo as the slower but players with better technique get rushed off the ball. However i actually find that it's different on Pro Evo and you recognise the players more individually, like Berbatov and his silky skill.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Pretty sure they said they'd fix this in 2010. That technique would count more in keeping the ball than it did in 2009.

kps88

Berbatov is amazing fun to play with on Pro Evo. Something about his style makes him very difficult to shrug off the ball.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seeing that you'll be able to put your face in the game here is mine
I know that the haircut isn't accurate to my current but it's not really that important

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I'm chomping at the bit to get this now....I'm gonna spend all my time making random people to play on my team!!! It means you can add classic players they don't have an all

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Elvis will jizz all over the screen when he sees the Bauer one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
FIFA 10 Announcement Tomorrow

Rumours are flying around that something – an announcement, a trailer, something – is coming tomorrow. The EA forums are full of talk and the following Twitter update from the new EA FIFA UK Community Manager would seem to suggest we have something to look forward to:

I think there is something slated for release tomorrow before the demo on Thursday but as always, it’s a big secret
When asked if it will be gameplay related or something else, he said:

Gameplay and a few other “things” from what I have heard whispered in darkened corridors and behind closed doors
So, what could it be? The smart money is on a Live Season 2.0 announcement after it was promised in early September during Gamescom by David Rutter himself, but seeing the word “gameplay” above makes me wonder if we have any other surprises in store…

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Won't be able to play the demo because my PS3 decided to rape itself. :mad: