5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy24

Wasted around 4 of the 8 added minutes himself, he was everywhere! Been playing very well and hope his form continues on.

NoPace

Maybe because he has great stamina and energy he doesn't tire as quickly as most players. So when most players tire a bit after 50-60 minutes he's still buzzing about then he can play to his strengths.
He has no weight on his chest so he sometimes struggles to hold off players on the ball, but the flip side of it is he can run more in the 2nd half.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
One underrated aspect of his game is that he makes a lot of off the ball runs in attack which opens up space for others

Krky72

Supports
Glasgow Rangers
I always thought Fred got a hard time during the period he was consistently paired with McTominay, who I considered the weak link of the two. Fred definitely has some very good qualities that are allowed to shine with a more solid supporting act.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Can't believe people tried to argue McTominay as the better player than this guy.

THIS is what a squad player looks like. Someone that is imperfect but has serious utility in games and adds something to the team. Not just a shit midfielder that "loves the club" so he gets to hang around as a squad player.

Elcabron

I don't understand how any United fan couldn't love him. Maybe he's not good enough (I think he is) but he's always given his all and looked like he actually cared even last season when 95% of the squad clearly couldn't be bothered.
I think that sums up what I love most about Fred. He never ever stops, no matter what. Brilliant today....again.

Witchking

Great to have him in the team. It's crazy how suddenly there are so many great characters in the team. Fred always gave his all even during last season's crazy nonsense.

Elcabron

Rashford almost ruined all that game management by trying to go for goal in the 97th minute rather than head to the corner flag and try to waste some time.
I couldn't believe he did that. I was screaming at the tv. His decision making astonishingly bad sometimes.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The next three games against Leeds and Leicester without Casemiro will be the games of me thinking whether he‘s good enough to be kept as our backup option for next season or no.

Remember the geese

IMO, the test is the next three games. Not worthy to keep player as backup who’s going to be 30 years old with contract expired in 2024 if he can’t perform without Casemiro‘s help vs Leicester and Leeds.
He's had terrific games in the past without Casemiro. Ideally we would have a natural replacement for him. Would make Fred's job easier.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's had terrific games in the past without Casemiro. Ideally we would have a natural replacement for him. Would make Fred's job easier.
In your scenario then we don’t need new CM to play next to Casemiro as we can just stick with Fred and Eriksen. But in reality, we need a new CM, which leaves Fred next season to be behind Eriksen and this new CM in the pecking order. So the only thing he will provide value of worthy as backup for next season when the new CM comes in, if he’s good enough to take Casemiro’s backup or fill in the midfield when Casemiro is injured few games or suspended few games or need rest meaning performing without Casemiro in the next three games.

Remember the geese

In your scenario then we don’t need new CM to play next to Casemiro as we can just stick with Fred and Eriksen. But in reality, we need a new CM, this leaves Fred as behind Eriksen and this new CM as pecking order. So the only thing he will provide value of worthy as backup for next season when the new CM comes is if he’s good enough to take Casemiro’s backup meaning performing without Casemiro in the next three games.
Fred is no DM. I would like us to sign two midfielders ideally. One as a backup for Casemiro and another as a starter alongside him. It's a squad game, so Fred and Eriksen would still get plenty of opportunities. The latter could deputise for Bruno also.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fred is no DM. I would like us to sign two midfielders ideally. One as a backup for Casemiro and another as a starter alongside him. It's a squad game, so Fred and Eriksen would still get plenty of opportunities. The latter could deputise for Bruno also.
By signing two midfielders (assume if we sell McTominay) then we will have 5 players (Casemiro, Eriksen, Fred, and two midfielders) for 4 spots. That’s too big and not ideal for ETH himself.

Hence why I said the next three games will reflect his value for next season if he can fill in casemiro’s absence.

Remember the geese

By signing two midfielders (assume if we sell McTominay) then we will have 5 players (Casemiro, Eriksen, Fred, and two midfielders) for 4 spots. That’s too big and not ideal for ETH himself.

Hence why I said the next three games will reflect his value for next season if he can fill in casemiro’s absence.
Yeah, I'd sell McTominay. I'd view it as 6 midfielders for 3 spots. Casemiro, new DM, new CM, Fred, Bruno, Eriksen. Perhaps too big for ten Hag going by your quote, but not a bad size in my opinion. There should be a transition from Fred to Mainoo occurring in the next year or two also. Fred can't fill in for Casemiro. That requires a signing.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How times have changed. No longer the laughing stock and whipping boy of the United squad. The guy is getting and fully deserving his flowers.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
How times have changed. No longer the laughing stock and whipping boy of the United squad. The guy is getting and fully deserving his flowers.
That's bcause they switched to Maguire and Antony, can't not have a whipping boy now can we!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That's bcause they switched to Maguire and Antony, can't not have a whipping boy now can we!
Yeah, guess you're right. But Fred's done well to distance himself from that group. Though the Antony tripe is very unfair.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yeah, guess you're right. But Fred's done well to distance himself from that group. Though the Antony tripe is very unfair.
Neither have ever deserved it, in recent years only 1 player has deserved the shite he's got and he no longer plays for us, or his new team apparently

Djemba-Djemba

Has to be his best run of form in a Utd shirt?

Post World Cup he's come back in great form and he compliments Casemiro very nicely when they play together. Hopefully he's as good with Sabitzer.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Neither have ever deserved it, in recent years only 1 player has deserved the shite he's got and he no longer plays for us, or his new team apparently
Maguire didn't help with his lack of self-awareness...and he was pretty bad in a lot of games. And Pogba was just an easy target and agenda driven, though again he didn't help himself either.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Maguire didn't help with his lack of self-awareness...and he was pretty bad in a lot of games. And Pogba was just an easy target and agenda driven, though again he didn't help himself either.
Pogba's problem is that he has poor attitude and believes his own hype, Maguire had a bad spell but he didn't moan or complain, basically one acts professionally the other doesn't!

The United

He’s been different class recently. Him and Casemiro have been reproducing their Brazilian form. As many of us thought they might.

Fecking shame he might be partnered up with McT again soon. Although, to be fair, they’ve always enjoyed playing against Leeds…
Yup, MCT loves playing against Leeds.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can't believe people tried to argue McTominay as the better player than this guy.

THIS is what a squad player looks like. Someone that is imperfect but has serious utility in games and adds something to the team. Not just a shit midfielder that "loves the club" so he gets to hang around as a squad player.
Agreed. To be fair to McTom sometimes he has a decent game but in the bad ones he's there only so we have 11 players. Adds nothing on top of that.

Litch

Its funny cause some of us has said, dont judge Fred for playing a position that was never his or why we bought him. Then playing next to a player which was never his position either.

Its also funny that now for the first time since hes been playing next to one (and a very good one), we have seen a more consistent player.

Lets not forget, playing under a proper coach. We seeing better decision making and passing. We have seen him come on and influenced games, and arguably the best games this season, Fred has been mentioned as potentially MOTM.

He has contributed with goals and assists.

Yet, new player signs last day of the window and many are suggesting we drop Fred? Not saying Fred is the long term answer but he's a lot more integral to this team than just a squad player.

Thats why the big games, he generally starts....

Status
Not open for further replies.