5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Much better in second half than first. Why does this happen to him so often?
Maybe because he has great stamina and energy he doesn't tire as quickly as most players. So when most players tire a bit after 50-60 minutes he's still buzzing about then he can play to his strengths.

GueRed

What he lacks in technical and passing ability he makes up in spirit and energy.

Also comes across as a nice character to have around in the squad..

A useful player for the manager

RedIan

Hes a decent squad player, i used to think mctominay was the stronger of the mcfred combo but i was wrong. fred can do a job and his passing has improved a little under ETH.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hes a decent squad player, i used to think mctominay was the stronger of the mcfred combo but i was wrong. fred can do a job and his passing has improved a little under ETH.
It’s amazing what a few goals can do for fans opinions. Fred is and always has been better in every midfield metric than McT. Seems McTs goals and performance in the EL final under Ole really turned this into a debate when it was pretty clear who the superior player was.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's been great but still think he lacks the vision for certain passes. There were a few times yesterday when a first time forward pass would've kept the momentum up but he played it back or to the side. He just doesn't see them as often as Eriksen does.

Will have to do for now though and will definitely help us not to fade in games due to his energy. Sabitzer should be able to help as well.

Real Name

He's been great but still think he lacks the vision for certain passes. There were a few times yesterday when a first time forward pass would've kept the momentum up but he played it back or to the side. He just doesn't see them as often as Eriksen does.

Will have to do for now though and will definitely help us not to fade in games due to his energy. Sabitzer should be able to help as well.
Yeah, as good as he was we lacked that creative spark Eriksen gives us definitely.

criticalanalysis

Exactly right. I do think his lack of ability on the ball is over stated. I'd be willing to wager he loses the ball less than anyone outside the back four. Casemiro himself is no stranger to the misplaced pass.

Pity that free kick he cracked against the post recently didn't go in, might have changed some perceptions of him.

That goal last night sums up Fred, making a tackle at left back two mins earlier and then standing on the goal line moments later waiting for the tap in, covers huge amount of ground.

It would be interesting to see him Casemiro and Sanitizer in midfield three. High tempo midfield if ever there was one.
Our Austrian signing coming in to clean the midfield?

Case, Sab, Fred and Bruno nibbling at the opponents' ankles with Martinez then coming in to smash them :lol: :devil:

Unlikely lad

He looks much better now because he's playing to Casemiro, but the lack of ball retention/progression when compared to Eriksen is stark.

He brings more energy off the ball though, which is a plus. I do think Sabitzer will be a better version of him.

the gafferjs

They both offer different things, that is the thing, you need a squad to be able to compete. He would never be in my favored 11 but he would always be in my top 16.

Idxomer

He was like two players at the same time after the red card.

2nd best player today after Martinez.

Sylar

He was on a man on a mission after the red. He thrived there

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Awesome game management in extra time from him. 3 lung Fred

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Some absolutely world class shithousing and clock-killing after the red card. He almost single handedly sucked all the momentum out of the game in stoppage time. Immense.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Him and Martinez were top class. Embodiment of the fighting spirit we needed after the red. Was very solid prior to that too.

gza the genius

I don't understand how any United fan couldn't love him. Maybe he's not good enough (I think he is) but he's always given his all and looked like he actually cared even last season when 95% of the squad clearly couldn't be bothered.

criticalanalysis

Thought he was really good even before the card.

He sort of started off the 2nd goal by coming deep to lay off a simple ball to Martinez. If you watch the clip, it seems like it was a fairly normal ball but from the beginning of the 2nd half and up until that point, we could barely get out of our half and their press.

The United

Can never fault him with his energy and intensity. If he could pass a tad better, could be up there with the best CMs.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Everyone knows I don't believe Fred is United quality. However, once we went down to 10 men his tenacity and energy were key. Has far from disgraced himself over the last few games.

CM

What a game from him. Stepped up big time when we went down to 10

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
After injury and suspension of 1st team players, he's our midfield now. Huge chance for him to show Ten Hag some consistency in performances.

Next matches will be interesting to say the least !

PoTMS

He was all over the pitch today. Best Brazilian on show today.

city-puma

We won this game because our fighting spirit and effort. Fred, Rashford, Martinez, Bruno, … every player. And also the smart game management, Shaw is so smart!

Bobski

Should have been starting more games if Ten Hag was not so rotation allergic, excellent alternative to Eriksen with his energy, pressing and quick(if erratic) passing and runs.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I love this Fred. He’s always had being a nice guy going for him but now he’s a nice guy with a mean competitive streak in him.

Godfather

I love his shithousery too. Bit unlucky with his passes on the break today but what an engine the guy has

kiristao

We won this game because our fighting spirit and effort. Fred, Rashford, Martinez, Bruno, … every player. And also the smart game management, Shaw is so smart!
Rashford almost ruined all that game management by trying to go for goal in the 97th minute rather than head to the corner flag and try to waste some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.