g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Giggs as the Manager

Revan

Assumptionman
Awful stuff from him.

Valencia and Young on the wings.

Then making subs and having three strikers on the pitch, pushing Januzaj right out wide, and leaving Carrick and fletcher as the main creators in the middle. It made no sense to sacrifice a creative body in the middle (mata) for an overload of strikers.

No Kagawa or Januzaj starting.

To be elected I guess given it's his 2nd game but I think people need to stop building him up so much. I'm not even sure he's destined to manage us the way a lot feel. It's based on nothing.
You're seeing things amol. But yeah, it was bad from me, similarily to Moyes he tried to copy Sir Alex on his gameplan and failed.

zing

Zingle balls
Awful stuff from him.

Valencia and Young on the wings.

Then making subs and having three strikers on the pitch, pushing Januzaj right out wide, and leaving Carrick and fletcher as the main creators in the middle. It made no sense to sacrifice a creative body in the middle (mata) for an overload of strikers.

No Kagawa or Januzaj starting.

To be elected I guess given it's his 2nd game but I think people need to stop building him up so much. I'm not even sure he's destined to manage us the way a lot feel. It's based on nothing.

There's no indication he's destined to manage anything, let alone Manchester United.

There have been plenty of great players who went on to be ordinary managers. Plenty of United greats as well.

Werewolf

People discarding Giggs based solely on this game are talking nonsense. He should not be given the job regardless of what happens in the remainder of this season and you don't judge someone based on one single game. He has no managerial experience and is not what we need to operate major changes in this team, as simple as that.

Castia

Lets be honest the line up against Norwich was poor as well. We won the game convincingly but Norwich are dog turd.

Ashley Young :lol:

The_Midfielder

We could have put RVP in place of Chicarito... and put Mata right behind them.. Weird.. that there was so much gap between the strikers and midfield due to us having 3 midfielders..

Thisistheone

It's all good lads. Giggs isn't our next manager. LVG is.

No Europa, hopefully gives us a good shout in the league as well.

RustyS

As a manager, he's a one trick pony. Nothing to be ashamed off because he lacks experience and is basically trying to imitate SAF's setup and tactics. The big difference is that SAF knows what to do and what to change when things are not working.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To be fair Young was our best attacker in this match until Adnan came on. Hernandez and Nani were absolutely crap.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People discarding Giggs based solely on this game are talking nonsense. He should not be given the job regardless of what happens in the remainder of this season and you don't judge someone based on one single game. He has no managerial experience and is not what we need to operate major changes in this team, as simple as that.
Who is discarding him?

Varun

Staff
Can we put this to rest now? I know the players arent free from flak but the last thing we need is diluted Sir Alex's running the club. Moyes was one, Giggs looks like another.

Plugsy

Don't know how Fletcher stayed on for that it seems if you've played the longest with him he'll keep you on.

dave2528

Interested to see if he calls out the poor performance or stands behind the players. There were a few on the pitch who put in lack luster efforts, to say the least.

Needham

Giggs should return every one of those 13 Premier League winners medals. And that should be on a banner at 6,000 feet.

Anduin

Thank feck he won't get the job. Absolutely clueless, 4-4-2, plays all his mates (who incidentally cost us the game), how Carrick and Fletcher both played the full 90 I will never know, subs off our only half-creative players, cross, cross, cross... he's a 4-4-2 man like Moyes and Ferguson, no thanks.

I love you Ryan, but you have to go somewhere else to prove your managerial credentials.

This better remove all doubt. We all would like to see Giggs manage us some time in the future, but he's not ready now. He's far too close to the players and it's difficult for him to be ruthless and think objectively.

Our tactics were pretty awful today with endless crossing back in force, when we didn't have forwards who would benefit from them. We were far too static and slow right through the middle of the pitch. Carrick and Fletcher shouldn't have been allowed to continue for as long as they did, while Ferdinand and Vidic looked liable against pace. Giggs decided to trust too much in experience and we got outdone.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Mourinho lost and City drew against same opponents. I suppose they also have managers who don't know what they're doing.

Rezyuz

He doesnt have a clue of what hea doing and is simply imitating whatever SAF did. Including safs horrendous subsitution policies.

zing

Zingle balls
Mourinho lost and City drew against same opponents. I suppose they also have managers who don't know what they're doing.
It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat.

NoLogo

He needs to get some experience elsewhere first I think that should be clear by now. Non the less I hope to see him or Ole being put in charge of this club some day in the future and that hopefully for a long, long time.

Sam

Yeah, hopefully this bubble has burst. Love Giggsy, but it would be ridiculous to put him in the position of actually being United manager. Hopefully his time will come in the future.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Those of you happy to avoid Europe - Aren't you forgetting the harlem globetrotter project to take the squad to other continents instead?

Varun

Staff
What's the point you're making here Sults? Did you think at any point during the match that we were going to score and were really unlucky not to be ahead?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Starting Young ahead of Januzaj, taking Mata off when Young was so bad and playing Rio when Smalling is so much better is a mystery that only Ryan Giggs can solve for us. I can't blame him because everyone makes mistakes and that's the point, Giggs has a lot of mistakes to make and learn from before he even comes close to the experience required to manage a club like Manchester United.