Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

At first, sure. But fans aren't relevant. People they will consider their peer have been led to believe a full sale is on cards and millions have likely being spent collectively preparing, researching and on consultancy fees by bidders.

At best that would look fecking horrendous and do huge damage to their credibility and reputation among people to whom their credibility matters. A u-turn or staying on really isn't on the cards any more
Again I don't consider it a u-turn, they are simply choosing one of the other proposals besides Qatar and Ineos. It would only be us fans that end up disappointed (and upset) because we've been so invested in this the last couple weeks. They won't be cancelling the whole thing like some have been suggesting, there will still be change.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
But that doesn't change the fact it is a possibility
Logically I don't think it is a possibility.

The way I understand it is that once any of the sibling's shares get sold they convert from B shares to A shares which are significantly less influential in terms of voting.

I don't see logically why any investor would pay all that money to invest in something which they have little actual control over (Funding a business that has been run into the ground by the people you would be funding would be a ludicrous decision) and also the Glazers are also highly unlikely (based on the last 18 years) to re-invest that money back into the club where it desperately needs to be. As a potential investor you're not going to invest so they can just stuff the money into their own pockets.

stw2022

Again I don't consider it a u-turn, they are simply choosing one of the other proposals besides Qatar and Ineos. It would only be us fans that end up disappointed (and upset) because we've been so invested in this the last couple weeks. They won't be cancelling the whole thing like some have been suggesting, there will still be change.
It's nonsense to say only fans will be upset. They've encouraged many people (possibly as many as 8) to spend large amounts of money on understanding the club was for sale. Collating a bit is expensive. These people haven't just written on sheet on A4. Consultation fees, advisors, lawyers, have all been paid handsomely

That goes far, far beyond "only fans will be upset" and do huge damage of the value of their word and credibly among their business peers and people their future success relies on working with.

b82REZ

Logically I don't think it is a possibility.

The way I understand it is that once any of the sibling's shares get sold they convert from B shares to A shares which are significantly less influential in terms of voting.

I don't see logically why any investor would pay all that money to invest in something which they have little actual control over (Funding a business that has been run into the ground by the people you would be funding would be a ludicrous decision) and also the Glazers are also highly unlikely (based on the last 18 years) to re-invest that money back into the club where it desperately needs to be. As a potential investor you're not going to invest so they can just stuff the money into their own pockets.

You're being naive.

There's been numerous reports that hedge funds are happy to fund the Glazers or other buyers. These groups will simply just want a return of their investment and couldn't give a shit who the owner is.

This is why many have gotten excited by Qatar and played down INEOS. So far Qatar are the only investors to come out and clearly state the deal would be debt free; other investors have been very coy about that and as far as I know Ratcliffe has stated he will take loans out.

While I think it is the least likely outcome, there is higher than zero chance Joel/Avram get Elliot or some other asset stripping hedge fund to front up a stadium refurb and sibling buyout as they continue to siphon money out of the club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You're being naive.

There's been numerous reports that hedge funds are happy to fund the Glazers or other buyers. These groups will simply just want a return of their investment and couldn't give a shit who the owner is.

This is why many have gotten excited by Qatar and played down INEOS. So far Qatar are the only investors to come out and clearly state the deal would be debt free; other investors have been very coy about that and as far as I know Ratcliffe has stated he will take loans out.

While I think it is the least likely outcome, there is higher than zero chance Joel/Avram get Elliot or some other asset stripping hedge fund to front up a stadium refurb and sibling buyout as they continue to siphon money out of the club.
I'm not being naive at all

The value of the club is intrinsically linked to them. Which is bad for them obviosuly, hence the massive volatility in the share price. Which competent bank is going to lend them money using the shares as security/collateral with how volatile the market value currently is? It's a recipe for disaster. If the news came out the share price would fecking tank astronomical levels.

They can't borrow more money on the club anymore, it's maxed out. The club is borderline insolvent. They have very little choice IMO. The super league was the only real scenario that would have made their current business model profitable and that is gone. They have only themselves to blame for the current position they are in by being awful at hiring competent people to run the club and cost control of the football club.

Rio5

There is Zilliacus interview in finnish news paper where he says that united is valued at 3.9b$. He also says that fan owenership would mean that any decission wouldnt be made unless atleast half of the fans agrees with it.
Couldnt find english version but here is link to finnish version if someone wants to try their luck with google translate https://www.is.fi/urheilu/art-2000009473649.html

jm99

See, the thing is the minority share thing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, if it was anyone other than the greedy fecking parasites and there was a chance that some of the money raised would be invested in the club, but as it is, someone buying a minority share is just going to put money in the Glazers pockets without any change to how the club is run, which is basically worst case scenario

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fairly certain Paul Mitchell falls into the same camp of football personalities who a bunch of people get excited about just because they've heard of them rather than know anything about them, ie. Rangnick.
Mitchell was someone that the media hyped up when he was at Southampton and fans thought he was the DoF. But the actual DoF was Les Reed who brought Mitchell to the club in a scouting capacity. And Mitchell's role as a DoF at a high level only started at Monaco a few years ago, and he hasn't pulled up any trees in his tenure at the club. And now he's quoted as saying that he will leave Monaco at the end of the season.

But i'd be okay with Mitchell coming in, because it's not about one man but rather a group of people working collaboratively, which will determine how we progress on the football side of the club. I would personally prefer to bring in someone like Lee Dykes from Brentford.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

INEOS’ bid is in
Until Kaveh says otherwise :lol: .

This pantomime has become increasingly funny to me. No point in stressing. Just laughing at the twists and turns.

MiamiSpartan

I do not have a preference at the moment for the new owners, but I just found this article and it scares me about Sir Jim Ratcliffe's real intentions about buying the club

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/takeo...ght-to-explore-for-gas-underneath-carrington/

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.u...ted-s-carrington-training-ground-1007147.html
I mean, we know greenwashing is the motivation, so does this really move the needle more, or just part of that? And of course, Qatar's motivation is sportswashing. Abusing the environment and abusing human rights are both awful things that we will be stuck being tied to.

Of course, as the article says, the UK would need to approve fracking anyway, so it seems like it is a long way from him capitalizing. And that's an issue that goes FAR beyond Ineos/SJR/United. But it is a fair point that he could be jumping on the opportunity now that its available, with a longer term view if the government allows fracking.

Tarrou

We live in a world where only the poor get prosecuted... the mega rich have means and ways, it's a capitalist world.
Sure but that doesn’t mean businesses just commit massive fraud for the sake of it.. nobody would ever hire them again if caught out

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sure but that doesn’t mean businesses just commit massive fraud for the sake of it.. nobody would ever hire them again if caught out
Are you familiar with Jim's bankers, Goldman Sachs? They could teach anyone a thing or five about dodgy dealings

JagUTD

So Jim got his revised bid in nice and early. No doubt he's DDOSing the United, Glazers and Raine sites preventing Jassim getting his bid through.

Crafty Jim, can tell he was raised on the streets.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Who’s the guy that wants to buy halve the club with the other halve being bought by fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.