Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
No, because Tottenham will not sell to a direct rival under any circumstance.

Are you lot having a hard time comprehending that or is it just that there’s something amazing up for grabs and you can’t stand being excluded from the auction?
Except Tottenham are not our "direct rivals". Even Levy cannot possibly be so delusional to think that his struggling team can compete with top 4, with or without Kane. Not happening

LordSpud

No, because Tottenham will not sell to a direct rival under any circumstance.

Are you lot having a hard time comprehending that or is it just that there’s something amazing up for grabs and you can’t stand being excluded from the auction?
Except next year he has the pick of the clubs regardless of Tottenham

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I’m reading stuff that Kane might actually stay at spurs, surely Bayern wouldn’t go to this length without knowing if the player would want to join the club?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’m reading stuff that Kane might actually stay at spurs, surely Bayern wouldn’t go to this length without knowing if the player would want to join the club?
Utd chased de Jong for an entire summer and he had little or no interest in coming here

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Except Tottenham are not our "direct rivals". Even Levy cannot possibly be so delusional to think that his struggling team can compete with top 4, with or without Kane. Not happening
Of course he does.

Not only did they finish in the top four just the season before last, since SAF left they've finished in the top four exactly as many times as we have.

You might not believe that will continue but based on the last decade we are their rivals for a top four place. It would be ludicrously defeatist on his part if he believed that couldn't possibly continue because they've had one bad season.

Camilo

I think it's a total shame he hasn't ended up at United. He'll be a top striker for the next 4 years, and I still think we should've gone all in for him.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Think he will suit them like a glove... Wait and see

Seems like a good move for all involved. With service from the likes of Sané, Gnabry and Coman, playing under Tuchel in the Bundesliga, he could break some records this season

Plastic Evra

McClaren needs to buy a fake mustache and a lederhosen, drive to Tottenham in a loaned Mercedes or BMW, ring up Kane and say : "Ja, Hallo, Ich bin Bayern chauffeur, please commen with me, genau."
Will be a bit difficult maintaining the illusion, but if all players call each other with Germanic version of their names and a sauerkraut stand is installed outside Carrington, it just might work.
That's how you hijack a deal.

gaffs

I guess it comes down to how much money you (all fans, and the club itself) believe an EPL title is worth.

Come January, if we're sitting 4th or 5th and are 10-15 points off the leaders, it's probably not worth it. If we're sitting 2nd or 3rd and only 5 points off the leaders, Kane could be the guy that takes us from that position to lifting the trophy in May.
Maybe. If goalscoring is the issue.

C'est Moi Cantona

Potentially reputation damaging for Bayern now, to think they're signing and then be rejected by both Walker and Kane would be hard to take.

gaffs

In 2024 he would be playing second fiddle to Hoijlund if he comes here. The difference is that Manchester City can buy him his own Island once a week for the duration of his contract and report it that they are paying him 500 quid a week to keep his tax bill down.
Kane playing second fiddle to Hoijulnd? Calm down.
Hope that is the case, but i dont think anyone realistically thinks that in one year Hoijlund will be out performing Kane.
Kane aint going to City to sit on the bench.

Todd

Maybe. If goalscoring is the issue.
Goalscoring has been the issue for years. We were greatly improved defensively last season, and even so we conceded a LOT of stupid goals due to giving the ball away cheaply in the back, which is something I imagine we'll be much improved upon this season with Onana. So I think defensively we're going to be one of the best clubs in the league again. It's just a matter of whether or not we can score enough goals. I don't think adding Mount and Hojlund is enough of a difference maker.

lex talionis

But as you wisely said, the City ship sailed for him so he isn't going to win the Premier League anyway.
In light of the presently known facts, City will indeed lift the PL trophy in May 2024. However, should the presently known facts change by 11pm on September 1 -- such as the addition of Harry Edward Kane to ETH's squad --- we just might give Pep one or two sleepless nights.

marktan

Hazza is a man of integrity. He won't leave Spurs. He is a one man club man, like Ryan Giggs and Gerrard. He will renew and break the English league scoring record. They might even win something under Angie now that they've gotten ridden of the 3 dinosaur managers.

He will likely get a statue and a backroom job like GM when he retires, and rightly so. Not everything is about money. Some still believe in romance.

Cloud7

Nobody can convince me ETH wanted Harry Kane - the club said no we won’t even try but here’s Hojlund instead and you’re keeping injured Martial - and he just accepted that. Everything we know about the man and how demanding he is suggests that is an impossibility to me.
It is very possible that ETH simply is not interested in Kane? I know a lot of people on here have convinced themselves that Kane slots in seamlessly and all of a sudden we are 30 goals better off than last season and the team become title challengers and there are nothing but positives, but things are rarely that simple, and perhaps ETH does not think he would be such a good fit?

gormless

Hazza is a man of integrity. He won't leave Spurs. He is a one man club man, like Ryan Giggs and Gerrard. He will renew and break the English league scoring record. They might even win something under Angie now that they've gotten ridden of the 3 dinosaur managers.

He will likely get a statue and a backroom job like GM when he retires, and rightly so. Not everything is about money. Some still believe in romance.
I know it didn’t get Messi in Miami levels of hype… but I have some news for you.

LInkash

Part of me is still hoping that the FPP restrictions thing was all just fake news leaked by the club and it was all so that United cab swoop in at the last moment to match any competing club's bid to sign Kane .

Woodzy

Love Pep's reaction so much :lol:
I feel we should probably read more into this. Not necessarily to the extent of us signing him, but it feels like Pep could possibly of had an idea of what Kane’s intentions are.

the_cliff

I feel we should probably read more into this. Not necessarily to the extent of us signing him, but it feels like Pep could possibly of had an idea of what Kane’s intentions are.
I think most people in England had the same reaction today though when they heard the news. Kane going to Germany to play for Bayern is shocking.

Loon

:lol:
I personally think Ten Hag always had Kane in his sights as the experienced striker and had the financials to do it, but not at the “United Tax” price. Bayern coming in and finding a price Spurs (and their owner) would accept is either blind luck or a masterstroke.

I think United will match the Bayern offer.

Kane’s agent is probably the prime mover behind this.

I am also probably talking bollocks, but it is harmless bollocks and Netflix-entertaining level bollocks…

colombianmancunian

He is exactly that. Delusional! He believes he competes with the top boys so much, he’ll prefer to sell Kane for 100 million overseas over selling him for 120 million to an English club.

Thankfully we have signed Højlund, because I think Spurs would have go for him to replace Harry.
FFP and the fact that 65m quid was just spunked on a CF.
The news about FFP being a constrain are bollocks. Supposedly ETH wanted 2 strikers, an experienced one and an up coming talent.

Last edited:

Loon

:lol:
He is exactly that. Delusional! He believes he competes with the top boys so much, he’ll prefer to sell Kane for 100 million overseas over selling him for 120 million to an English club.

Thankfully we have signed Højlund, because I think Spurs would have go for him to replace Harry.
The thing to remember is Levy now has to convince the owner of the club to write off millions (he had accepted and sanctioned) on a player who will walk for free because Levy wants their direct rivals not to have him for one year.

Woziak

I really think they’re more to this than the media are reporting. Assuming Bayern were and are prepared to make him their highest paid player you have to assume they’ve offered €20m per season for 5 years so a €200m investment into a world recognised top 3 CFW.

Harry and his family reservation;

1. He’s a family man and might not want that level of upheaval where their children will be going to school in Germany and his wife expecting another on the way very soon.

2. His family might just not want to move right now and his brother who is his agent might be thinking Harry been underpaid hugely based on his goal and assist stats in the Prem league by spurs, possibly underpaid by 200k per week for at least 8 years and now they want a huge contract and by huge I mean £500k plus per week

3. He could join Chelsea in the summer and have no upheaval whatsoever and work with a coach that he loves.

4. He could join United in a last ditch transfer this summer or a winter transfer for say £50-55m and still be offered huge wages from both teams far in excess to what spurs, Arsenal or Bayern will offer.

Just a precursor for people who think United can’t afford him, consider the wage bill being reduced this season by the following ; Ronaldo(550k), D De Gea(375k), Jones (90k),, A Tuanzebe (50k), Sabitzer (90k)Weghorst(75k), Fred (90k), E Bailey (90k), Maguire (200k), DVB(120k), the Club could make a saving of £1.7/1.8m per week in wages paid.

We’ve bought Onana(150k), Mount(200k) and Hojlund(80k), increased Rashford wage by £100k per week and increased Dalot by £50k, plus increased Martinez wage by £50k, Garnaucho by £50k

We might need to sign Amrabat and a CB, so allocate another £270k per week that’s a total of £950k per week, leaving £750k per week free to sign a Marquee player.

United could easily offer Kane £500-600k per week, we’ve paid Alexis Sanchez similar for a complete shite show of a player.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The thing to remember is Levy now has to convince the owner of the club to write off millions (he had accepted and sanctioned) on a player who will walk for free because Levy wants their direct rivals not to have him for one year.
Levy is one of the majority owners of the club. The biggest majority owner (Joe Lewis) has always allowed Levy to do what he wants as he doesn't care at all about the club itself so long as Levy increases the value (which he has done so tremendously). Not only that but Joe Lewis is currently underneath a giant charge and Tottenham have essentially removed him from everything.

The club is run by Levy - Levy answers to Levy.