Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OL29

Evans actually did fairly well for a time when Vidic got badly injured.
Yeah he did have good periods of form but so has Maguire. He also had long stretches where he’d get constantly bullied by and his confidence was shattered eventually. Maguire at his best way better imo but he’s collapsed this season.

NoLogo

WTF was he doing for first goal ?

Fine, if that was bad WTF was he doing for 4th goal ? He first gave a very bad pass to Mjebri and then instead of cutting the angle he just tried to play offside by moving up. Seriously man - have some awareness and understand what's happening around you.
That offside play attempt is baffling. The pass has already been played when he is trying to step up and instead of playing anyone offside he simply opens the way for Salah to run through. It's like he has brain lag and does everything like 1 or 2 seconds too slow.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don’t get why people say this, Evans was just as calamitous, he just played in a better team.
Evans has been a very solid and well respected defender for most of his career, especially once he left Utd.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why is Ralf persisting with him.
Again; he is payed 80 mil and he is a captain. First thought of every manager is "i must get him back in form because......he is 80 mil worth captain".

I can bet with any single of you that Maguire will start next season in first 11. Probably as captain too

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Again; he is payed 80 mil and he is a captain. First thought of every manager is "i must get him back in form because......he is 80 mil worth captain".

I can bet with any single of you that Maguire will start next season in first 11. Probably as captain too
Why would an interim manager give a shit about how much he costs? And the fact that he is captain is immaterial - you can easily make another person captain.

Lukaku and Grealish both cost more and have spent plenty of time on the bench.

youmeletsfly

Can we all put a tenner and buy him out? Then sell him on AliExpress or anywhere you find fake stuff?

bucky

Evans has been a very solid and well respected defender for most of his career, especially once he left Utd.
Evans constantly being injured while with us was the main reason we were right to let him go.

Pickle85

It wouldn't be a surprise if Maguire salvages his career elsewhere. Some players are just not cut out for certain clubs and situations
Agreed. He's been hopeless this season but I suspect he'll eventually leave and be a reasonable success at somewhere like villa or Newcastle (if they don't get too good too quickly).

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It wouldn't be a surprise if Maguire salvages his career elsewhere. Some players are just not cut out for certain clubs and situations
That's worryingly true, especially where United are concerned. I've lost count of how many failures we've had at the club post-SAF. Literally lost count.

Dansk

But at what point does it become indefensible to start him? He's the worst player on the pitch more often than not, and anyone with any sense can see that we're basically playing with 10 men. To continue starting him just because of his pricetag and armband is like taking a £30 taxi ride to collect a £20 debt. We're actively throwing a season down the toilet, and while one wouldn't imagine that we'd have done great if we just dropped him, his utter collapse throughout this entire season is a large part of the reason teams are scoring for fun against us. Considering how many goals he single-handedly causes due to his blunders, we might very well have made top 4 with any generic average defender in his place. Surely literally anyone would have done better. At what point has it cost us more than £80m to play him? At what point is it worse to lose game after game than to face the optics of stripping him of the captaincy?

zurnalist

I'm not from England so seeing how he has been so protected by quite well known footballing commentators there during past weeks really baffles me. It's almost like it has turned so ugly that people pity him now. Of course, no one deserves bullying and it has turned really ugly in his case often times. He's shown in the past there's a player in there somewhere. But you just can't argue that this season he has been one of main characters of our complete failure. We are clearly lacking in defense, never seen us defend worse, he should be leading the lines, but he is constantly in the middle of everything bad we see on the pitch.

Never seen a worse defensive season by an individiual for us and he is our captain. Even if we don't use his 80M price tag against him, it surely plays part in why he is still played, not sold and forgotten immediately. You can't embellish what is happening with him anymore, it's just too clear to see how bad it is.

NoLogo

I think he works better in a setup with a quality number 6 who can make up for his bad decision making and cover him when he steps out at the right time or close down the space when Maguire doesn't step up when he actually should.

That's why it is working for him in the England team with Rice and why it worked for him at Leicester with Ndidi. We simply don't have that quality number 6 and while probably every CB profits from a quality number 6 he seems to need it more than most other defenders, because he is simply too slow to recover from his mistakes.

Not having to play a high defensive line might also help him look better but that means he is simply woefully suited to a team trying to play modern progressive football.

Castia

Needs selling

Not good enough he’s bang average. I don’t care how much he cost we need to cut him loose.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
£80m defender who can’t defend, shits himself if anyone with pace runs at him, constantly out of position, chases the wrong player more often than not, needs 4 players to cover his lack of pace/game intelligence/positioning.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why didn't he do the post match interview? Why is Bruno doing it?

Dansk

Has to be put up for sale. Keeping him sets a precedent that it's ok to be absolute shite.
And many of those ratings are lenient. On a day like today, for instance, he deserves nothing over 2.0 but will probably get ~4 just because he's English and the captain. Blunder after blunder and the commentators barely mention it. He has been the worst player on the pitch many times this season, but somehow he gets 5.X half the time.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I genuinely don’t know what’s going through his head when he’s defending. That third goal, all he had to do was stay touch tight to Mane. Mane didn’t even make any mental run. He just ran in a straight line then stopped. Maguire on the other hand is marking no one just in front of DdG. Totally brainless and amateur.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
His positioning is all over the place. He’s stepping out when he doesn’t need to time and again which leave’s him in no man’s land.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think he works better in a setup with a quality number 6 who can make up for his bad decision making and cover him when he steps out at the right time or close down the space when Maguire doesn't step up when he actually should.

That's why it is working for him in the England team with Rice and why it worked for him at Leicester with Ndidi. We simply don't have that quality number 6 and while probably every CB profits from a quality number 6 he seems to need it more than most other defenders, because he is simply too slow to recover from his mistakes.

Not having to play a high defensive line might also help him look better but that means he is simply woefully suited to a team trying to play modern progressive football.
So ultimately Maguire will be binned then, the aspirations this club's got, they're not compatible with his strengths

OldSchoolManc

Doesn’t give a flying one. He’s like that dog cartoon in the burning room.
‘This is fine.’

Chief123

Absolutely fecking shit again. No surprise there. Here come his lovers to defend him through their own delusion. He should be one of the first players out the door.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That is what proactive club would do. When we last time sold a player who didn't request a transfer/wanted to go? We don't cut our losses and we don't push players out. When you sign for United, you are here as long as you want.
Maguire is 29 and is United captain on big wages. He will not leave on his own (" he will fight for his place").

Sanchez7

Terrible player. What's worse is that people at the club thought it was a good idea to buy him for £80m. Surely having pace and agility should be a pre requisite to be starting centre back at Manchester fkin United? You honestly wouldn't be able to tell that this guy is even a footballer if you saw him at the beach.

spiriticon

I'm now genuinely begging him to feign a bad injury and drop himself like Pogba and Cavani does.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That is what proactive club would do. When we last time sold a player who didn't request a transfer/wanted to go? We don't cut our losses and we don't push players out. When you sign for United, you are here as long as you want.
Maguire is 29 and is United captain on big wages. He will not leave on his own (" he will fight for his place").
Lukaku was forced out by Ole I would say. Ole more or less benched him as soon as he arrived.

Acole9

Outstanding
Just seen the replay of the third goal. Plays a diabolical pass and the steps out then they score. Dreadful player, one of the first things Ten Hag must do is take the captaincy off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.