Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

As ever virtually every player looks better when they don’t play, few more games on bench might do him some good.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's bad but I think all our CBs are made to look worse than they actually are because of the crap full backs and non-functioning midfield.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Defensively we were a shambles, but as a team we actually played ok and deserved to win. I’d keep Harry on the bench until the end of the season to take him out of the firing line. The truth is that he’s one of about 10 (at least) players who just need this season to end

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not surprised.

We are playing less as a team this year compared to last.

He looked better last year than this year. Just the same with so many players.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Ah FFS, who can we pin all the blame on now?! *heads to bruno thread*

JeffFromHK

we conceded 3 goals due to telle's s**tshow and worldie by xhaka (thanks to bruno's miscontrol of the ball)

our build up play from the back is actually cleaner and smoothier without maguire hoarding the ball for a long time attracting pressure

Walters_19_MuFc

You'll never see any major changes with us when a different individual comes in because we're not a well oiled machine. We have no structure and continue to look poor as a unit. As a result, we looked exposed when teams attack us. That being said, our defensive line are making too many errors both on and off the ball. Same thing happened today!

Red_toad

Exactly :lol:

I love this RedCafe thing of trying to absolve shite players/managers, by saying others are shite too.
Who's being absolved?
If Harry did that Varane error we'd never hear the end of it. But both of them are better players than what they're showing for United. One of them is being scapegoated constantly for every single goal United concede. Removed from the team and the comedy show just had a new character.
Ralf needs to fix the defensive structure or improve the attack so we can score 5 or 6 every game and defending isn't such an issue.

Robbie Boy

Who's being absolved?
If Harry did that Varane error we'd never hear the end of it. But both of them are better players than what they're showing for United. One of them is being scapegoated constantly for every single goal United concede. Removed from the team and the comedy show just had a new character.
Ralf needs to fix the defensive structure or improve the attack so we can score 5 or 6 every game and defending isn't such an issue.
It's a running theme across the Caf tbf. Oh look how crap Ralf is, so Ole must have been good. Ole was shite, Maguire is shite and Ralf is shite. Plenty of others are too.

mu4c_20le

He's bad but I think all our CBs are made to look worse than they actually are because of the crap full backs and non-functioning midfield.
We actually miss McFred. He was a lot better when he isn't the last man defending.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
You've just compared Lingard to cancer in another thread, so I'm guessing that's your answer.
I implied he was some sort of affliction for which there was a cure, calm down.

jesperjaap

Today answered the point made of "if I am so bad, why have I played so many games" comment Maguire made....because Varane still hasnt settled and has bene injured so often and Lindelof is simply not good enough to challenge....and behind that Bailly has made poor mistakes whenever he gets a chance and Jones has been injured majority of his time here.

Here we are today and none of our full backs are good enough, maybe SHaw but certainly not consisetently, none of our centre backs are good enough, maybe Varane, but cant be good enough if he is on the treatment table

Put the diabolical defensive midfield in front of it....no wonder we are where we are

Lentwood

I think this must be the millionth time I have made this point this season but you shouldn't need to have four world-class defenders to have something resembling a decent defence.

You can say what you like about our back four, but some of the hyperbole is just ridiculous. Varane has won three Champions League's and is a regular in the French side. Maguire has been a mainstay in a very good England side who have reached a World Cup semi-final and a European Championship final, plus he was integral in our side which finished 2nd last season, 5 points ahead of Liverpool. Lindelof is Sweden's captain. Bailly has his injury issues but when fit would probably start for the majority of Premier League teams.

These are not 'bad' players. In fact, they are very good players. We can squabble about 'how good' they are....but I don't for one moment believe they are as bad as they have been made to look at times.

Our issues have always been related to the style of football we have tried to implement this season. There's not a defender in the world who wouldn't be exposed in this side. We're ridiculously easy to play through and our defenders are constantly putting out fires, pulled from left to right and forwards and backwards chasing shadows. Our defenders spend the entirety of every game caught between coming out to close down players picking the ball up between our lines and running back towards their own goal, scrambling to recover when the opposition break on us time after time in 4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 situations.

What we should have done is realise our mistake once Ole was sacked and seen out this season with Carrick in the dugout basically playing the 4-2-3-1 system which he and Ole had relative success with. I'm convinced that had we done that, we would still have scraped into the Champions League. After all, we drew away at Stamford Bridge and beat Arsenal and Villarreal with Carrick in charge, playing his simple yet effective-enough style of football.

We could still have bought RR in, purely as a consultant to oversee the appointment of the next manager, which could still have been Ten Hag, and the building of a proper backroom structure.

What we have done is stuck pig-headedly to trying to play a style of football we are just not equipped to play, and which is making it so easy for teams to play against us. I actually feel sorry for all of our defenders this year because I honestly think they have been given an impossible job - playing a high-line with an ineffective press and little protection in-front of them.

It's telling that whatever combination we play, we look awful.

hobbers

It's pretty incredible that you can easily put together a 12 minute montage of Maguire looking like a clown, just from games this season.

Red_toad

It's pretty incredible that you can easily put together a 12 minute montage of Maguire looking like a clown, just from games this season.
I find it amazing some people are sad enough to bother with such childishness. He's out of the team and still it continues.

hobbers

I find it amazing some people are sad enough to bother with such childishness. He's out of the team and still it continues.
Not childishness at all, they make for entertaining videos that really rack up the views, so it's common sense for football channels to make them.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Has worse one v one tackling stats than Varane, Lindelof and Bailly via SmarterScout and The Athletic.

Maguire: 43
Varane: 58
Lindelof: 74
Bailly: 70

A long way off for Maguire, shows his ability as a one v one defender that he's the worst in the squad. He's better at open headers and set piece headers but who really plays with an incredible aerial striker?

Useless player and no wonder our scouts have been released.
Where are you getting your stats from???

Maguire has 32 tackles, Varane 27 and Lindelof 14. In fact, you probably don't want to look at stats because if you do, you will find out that Maguire is statistically better than all of them and that won't go with the agenda

Harry Maguire Statistics | Premier League
Victor Lindelöf Statistics | Premier League
Raphaël Varane Statistics | Premier League

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
we conceded 3 goals due to telle's s**tshow and worldie by xhaka (thanks to bruno's miscontrol of the ball)

our build up play from the back is actually cleaner and smoothier without maguire hoarding the ball for a long time attracting pressure
So Varane is let off the hook? He took a swing and a miss before Telles did. But I guess that doesn't fit the agenda

Lyng

So Varane is let off the hook? He took a swing and a miss before Telles did. But I guess that doesn't fit the agenda
Stop using that word. You sound like a broken record of delusion by now.
Lindelöf isnt good enough. Varane has largely dissapointed. Doesnt change the fact that Maguire is shite.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Lindelöf isnt good enough. Varane has largely dissapointed. Doesnt change the fact that Maguire is shite.
If ever people like him or Champ are asked to address the actual performances of Maguire they point blank refuse to do so. Instead they just deflect or attempt to disingenuously reframe the discussion. It's basically the Solskjaer situation all over again. I wouldn't ruin your brain cells by conversing.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

If ever people like him or Champ are asked to address the actual performances of Maguire they point blank refuse to do so. Instead they just deflect or attempt to disingenuously reframe the discussion. It's basically the Solksjaer situation all over again. I wouldn't ruin your brain cells by conversing.
It's a huge issue across the forum at the minute. There's a handful of posters who obsessively defend certain players and managers - like they're gatekeepers - and instead of tackling any criticism directly, they take to deflecting blame onto others. Funnily enough, the players/managers they deflect the blame onto, also receive huge amounts of critique in their respective threads.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It's a huge issue across the forum at the minute. There's a handful of posters who obsessively defend certain players and managers - like they're gatekeepers - and instead of tackling any criticism directly, they take to deflecting blame onto others. Funnily enough, the players/managers they deflect the blame onto, also receive huge amounts of critique in their respective threads.
Aye. There's a boy doing it in the latest page of the Rashford Performances thread right now.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
But it's the right word to use. You just don't get it because you're a muppet who just repeats whatever Goldbridge tells you

elnorte

Freaky fly day
But it's the right word to use. You just don't get it because you're a muppet who just repeats whatever Goldbridge tells you
Hopefully he'll follow my advice and choose to avoid indulging your nonsense any further.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We looked sooo much more solid without him against Arsenal, and conceded a mere 3 goals.
That shows how bad Maguire has been.

Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.