Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Looked a shell of a man. Hope he finds his form because he is a fantastic defender when playing well (despite the hysteria and hyperbole here).

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's been very good for us too. He's had some bad form this year and he's been scapegoated a lot, but the thing is, if people look for the bad, they will find it. I'm sure there are many who are blaming Maguire for their goal today. I just don't understand why so many people absolutely hate him. I could hear our supporters yelling at him today from the stands. What is that going to do? Support him. He's our player.

Probably this. At least for me. This guy actually thought he had shut his critics up after receiving criticisms for his Manchester United display with a goal for England against part time footballers.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Probably this. At least for me. This guy actually thought he had shut his critics up after receiving criticisms for his Manchester United display with a goal for England against part time footballers.
So Maguire holding his fingers to his ears is enough to make his own supporters hate him and yell at him when he's playing for the team we support? If that's the case then it sounds like he's not the problem

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Never got this, as if a footballer needs to recite Shakespeare on the pitch. He needs to know twenty words or phrases and set an example by his performance, which Valencia did.
Language barrier was the point.
The captain is supposed to be the most vocal on the pitch not a few words and finger pointing.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I totally agree.

His problem is he needs to be match fit to get back to his best. His best is very good. He does have problems with bad form (especially this year but it’s happened before as well) usually after being out of the team for a bit and it takes him a long while to get properly up to speed.

Nobody came out of the last few months with much credit and he has certainly been part of the problem. I hope he gets phased back in carefully and I think RR is doing the right thing so far.

Again, though, he has been brilliant for us at times and I think it’s a shame people have forgotten that already. I think he’ll be back and is probably here to stay.
He was never brilliant for us :lol:
He had a few good games but brilliant he was never. Not once did i think this guy might be one of the best cb's in the world. NOT ONCE
The way some of you overrate players is just baffling

Redlyn

He's had bad form and he's been scapegoated a lot. To get back to form having his own supporters swearing at him isn't going to help
He needs to play a lot better. It's the bottom line to get back the supporters. There is no other way.

A-man

So Maguire holding his fingers to his ears is enough to make his own supporters hate him and yell at him when he's playing for the team we support? If that's the case then it sounds like he's not the problem
That gesture means that he thinks he was criticised for no reason. And it made me angry at least. It’s ok to underperform but step one in order to improve is to admit it.

spiriticon

'You're shit' is probably one of the more polite criticisms Maguire will get on the internet.

Mainoldo

He's had bad form and he's been scapegoated a lot. To get back to form having his own supporters swearing at him isn't going to help
Zero mobility and runs with a caravan on his back. I really don’t know what you are trying to debate here. He’s a Leicester City defender at best.

kundalini

Maguire has needed a reality check for a very long time. Either he copes or he doesn't. Solskjaer tried playing him through various issues and ultimately lost his job as a direct consequence. It turns out that providing first choice players with a supportive environment and a guaranteed place in the team leads to complacency.

I'd much rather we give Bailly and even Jones, playing time than a woefully out of form Maguire.

Maguire should wait for his opportunity then perform brilliantly when he next gets a chance, if he wants to get back in the team on a regular basis.

Satsuma United

Maguire will go back to the first XI very soon and its gonna be Lindelof who gets dropped.

Tonight our defense was a mess once again, it was Degea who kept United alive.

We need our Captain fully fit.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maguire has needed a reality check for a very long time. Either he copes or he doesn't. Solskjaer tried playing him through various issues and ultimately lost his job as a direct consequence. It turns out that providing first choice players with a supportive environment and a guaranteed place in the team leads to complacency.

I'd much rather we give Bailly and even Jones, playing time than a woefully out of form Maguire.

Maguire should wait for his opportunity then perform brilliantly when he next gets a chance, if he wants to get back in the team on a regular basis.
I agree that he has to take his chance when it comes. What I don't like is our supporters yelling at him and scapegoating him. He's marked down here as the worst player tonight. That's a bunch of BS. The only way he will ever play his way back into the team is if the supporters allow him to. Too many make their minds up before he touches a ball

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That gesture means that he thinks he was criticised for no reason. And it made me angry at least. It’s ok to underperform but step one in order to improve is to admit it.
No it doesn't. Holding your ear to listen means that. He's plugging his ears, which means he's not listening to the criticism, which he obviously is. His confidence is shot and our supporters should try and lift him, not knock him down further

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
His confidence is definitely low. Doesn't help when his own supporters are yelling at him
Ronaldo got booed at Real Madrid - as supporters we need to create an environment where these players (that are paid millions) don't rest on their laurels, cheering them when they're playing crap is one of the many reasons why we're stuck with overpriced and overpaid players.

If these guys can't handle being booed when they're in poor form, then they need to leave, it should really be that simple.

Ideally weak minded players shouldn't be purchased in the first place so the situation where fans boo players don't happen often, sadly our team is full of players that are, and have been playing subpar for years.

Put it simply they've been coddled into this false sense of entitlement where they assume supporters of Manchester United should automatically support them, no matter what, and its attitudes like yours where you're wagging your finger at other supporters for pointing out the obvious that creates this environment.

Obviously one off bad games won't make supporters boo them, but I think many fans have just become fed up of this lot and its difficult to cheer them when it doesn't seem to make a difference.

the_cliff

For me the biggest worry is we bring on Maguire to 'shore up the defence' and we concede straight away.

GlasgowCeltic

No it doesn't. Holding your ear to listen means that. He's plugging his ears, which means he's not listening to the criticism, which he obviously is. His confidence is shot and our supporters should try and lift him, not knock him down further
Youre painting a picture of him as a massive fanny who should be shipped

Andersonson

He's mentally shot. Just like Rashford. Doesnt help the abuse they gets online from 'fans'

Ragnick is doing the right thing to not play them and ease them back in.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Firstly, Maguire is much better than the haters on this forum portray him to be. He significantly improved our defence when he signed. He's been a good player for the club. Secondly, and most relevantly, he is in horrible form at the moment, and seemingly surrounded by people who are more interested in shouting "I told you so", than seeing him succeed. He was clearly never worth 80M. It was a preposterous fee then, and it remains a preposterous fee to this day. But the money is spent. It's gone. It'll never be recouped. He's a part of the squad, and I would say a valuable one. It doesn't mean I would pick him, because both Varane and Lindelof are probably better individually, and better suited to our style of play. But anyone rejoicing in his terrible form, and using it as yet another stick to beat the club, just needs to see that they are as much a p[art of the problem as the fecking board. I've never heard Maguire complain, talk shit, or do anything but try his best. The rest is just fan fiction in the minds of keyboard warriors.

Personally, I hope he comes back to form, because that just makes our squad stronger.

The exact same logic applies to Rashford. People are just lining up to call him shit, and tell him to feck off. When he is one of the best talents to come out of our youth academy in the last two decades. At least Mason can see what he's in line for in about two years.

There is seriously way too much toxicity, mainly from people who have accomplished nothing themselves.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Hopefully him being on the bench is early signs of him leaving the club soon. But hell its united they'll give him a new 5 year contract.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Honestly I like Varane and Lindelof as a partnership more than him being there somewhere.

Andrew7582

Honestly I like Varane and Lindelof as a partnership more than him being there somewhere.
Definitely agree with this, they suit the high line better. Maguire doesn't offer much apart from sticking his giant noggin on aerial balls.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's mentally shot. Just like Rashford. Doesnt help the abuse they gets online from 'fans'

Ragnick is doing the right thing to not play them and ease them back in.
Dang. Can we all pretend as Liverpool fans and hurling abuse on Van Dijk social media? That would turn him shite.

Last edited:

lloyd2wayne

Firstly, Maguire is much better than the haters on this forum portray him to be. He significantly improved our defence when he signed. He's been a good player for the club. Secondly, and most relevantly, he is in horrible form at the moment, and seemingly surrounded by people who are more interested in shouting "I told you so", than seeing him succeed. He was clearly never worth 80M. It was a preposterous fee then, and it remains a preposterous fee to this day. But the money is spent. It's gone. It'll never be recouped. He's a part of the squad, and I would say a valuable one. It doesn't mean I would pick him, because both Varane and Lindelof are probably better individually, and better suited to our style of play. But anyone rejoicing in his terrible form, and using it as yet another stick to beat the club, just needs to see that they are as much a p[art of the problem as the fecking board. I've never heard Maguire complain, talk shit, or do anything but try his best. The rest is just fan fiction in the minds of keyboard warriors.

Personally, I hope he comes back to form, because that just makes our squad stronger.

The exact same logic applies to Rashford. People are just lining up to call him shit, and tell him to feck off. When he is one of the best talents to come out of our youth academy in the last two decades. At least Mason can see what he's in line for in about two years.

There is seriously way too much toxicity, mainly from people who have accomplished nothing themselves.
Nah I wish he was sold for 10 million or free actually. He doesn’t make our squad any better than Jones does and Jones never plays.

united for life

His time on the bench can be one of 2 things.
1- get back together mentally and regain his position through hard work in training and good performances when given game time.
2- eventual exit from the club.

it’s him who needs to show he is worth being part of the starting 11. Respect to Ralf for dropping him

copen1945

United conceded a goal as soon as he came on, but it was hardly his fault. The ball was bouncing around in the box, and it was just unfortunate that a Brentford player was able to poach a goal. He was phenomenal last season and, hopefully, will turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.