Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

This is why I don't get why we changed to 3 at the back when it's Maguire you're bringing on. If it was Shaw or Bailly or Jones, then fair enough but it's this buffoon. He just makes us so much worse defensively.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Serious questions should be asked about the purpose of holding on to him after this season. He looks miles off the pace and simply isn't good enough. How the feck did we get bamboozled paying 80 million for him?
We were absolutely desperate. Don't you remember smalling and jones

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Looked awful. He's in trouble. You wouldn't let him anywhere near a starting line up at the moment. Victor looking very comfortable beside Varane. Genuinely looking forward to seeing how Maguire reacts.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This cameo was really something. Remember all that propaganda from pundits how Maguire needs partner to compliment him?

Ollie Derbyshire

We bought him as our English VVD and he’s been generally poor, we need to look to sell him and replace if are to seriously challenge.

Came on, got caught underneath 2 crosses, tackled Telles, played a couple of hospital passes and hid behind Fred on their long-throw that resulted in a goal.

Standard HMagz performance.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Can only concur with that is being said here, the switch should have been for Jones who should have gone to RCB, Varane in the middle and Lindelof moved left.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
God knows why he came on. He was a bigger danger to our defence than the opposition players.

Oranges038

The descent into panic at the back as soon as he cames was something else.

Awful cameo.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shame that we are not ruthless club. Chelsea or Real would cut their losses and sell him to Newcastle

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When you see how Maguire played tonight, you can understand why Ralf didn't go to three at the back at the weekend. Maguire was shocking.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The thing is, anytime he played agianst the top teams for Leicester he looked very fecking good. He was also decent at carrying the ball and was pretty damn press resistant. Or maybe I'm misremembering?

I dunno, he's mediocre now.
He's been very good for us too. He's had some bad form this year and he's been scapegoated a lot, but the thing is, if people look for the bad, they will find it. I'm sure there are many who are blaming Maguire for their goal today. I just don't understand why so many people absolutely hate him. I could hear our supporters yelling at him today from the stands. What is that going to do? Support him. He's our player.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
When you see how Maguire played tonight, you can understand why Ralf didn't go to three at the back at the weekend. Maguire was shocking.
What the f*ck are you talking about??? He was fine. My god, can we please stop scapegoating Maguire? He was no better and no worse than anyone else on the field...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think he is shell shocked and his confidence is in the gutter. It's almost difficult to watch.

This just isn't his level and he isnt able to mask his deficiencies and now his confidence is shot, the basic have deserted him and he cannot do anything right.

I imagine the press scrutiny has gotten to him and the realisation that he isn't going to make it here must be devastating. Unfortunately we cannot afford to play him through this patch so the bench it is for Maguire and his status as a squad player only.

SATA

Not sure why he was being singled out. We were quite under the cosh in the first half at times and he wasn’t even on the pitch playing

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Changed the game for Brentford after he came on.

I would seriously considering selling him this summer, I don't think there is a way back for him. £30-40m would be a great deal for us

Witchking

Could see he gave the ball away cheaply 2 times within a space of some minutes. He is just not reliable. Ralf probably brought him on to get some workout, but he made the whole team work more to cover. Sucks that he is the United captain.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We were likely to concede regardless of Maguire being on the pitch or not. We concede in the majority of games and that is on more than one individual. However, make no mistake about it - Maguire is an average to decent centre-back at best.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Played like a youth player getting their first chance. Panicky, and looked clueless.

Lewnited

I think he is shell shocked and his confidence is in the gutter. It's almost difficult to watch.

This just isn't his level and he isnt able to mask his deficiencies and now his confidence is shot, the basic have deserted him and he cannot do anything right.

I imagine the press scrutiny has gotten to him and the realisation that he isn't going to make it here must be devastating. Unfortunately we cannot afford to play him through this patch so the bench it is for Maguire and his status as a squad player only.
Agree with this, his confidence is absolutely on the floor right now. Currently looking not even half the player he was at Leicester, or even in his first season here.

I don't think his top level is great, but regardless we really can't afford to play him back in to form as you said. Should be back on the bench Saturday, bring him in against Middlesbrough.

United492

I get the comments here, even though some of them are over the top in my opinion, but in terms of the squad and Varane's recent injuries, Maguire has got to get game time somewhere to at least get some match fitness for if and when he's needed. When better to bring him on than when you're relatively comfortable with not long left in a match?

I mean I agree in large part to the comments, but Ralf has got to manage his squad and I think he's doing that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
We weren’t spoilt for choice when Young took over to be fair.
I forgot about Valencia,bizarre appointment seeing as his English was brutal.
Never got this, as if a footballer needs to recite Shakespeare on the pitch. He needs to know twenty words or phrases and set an example by his performance, which Valencia did.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not sure why he was being singled out. We were quite under the cosh in the first half at times and he wasn’t even on the pitch playing
He's to blame for the first half too. We should have been 2 or 3 down.

kundalini

Demonstrated in 23 mins why he should not be in the team. Unbelievable how often he gave the ball away needlessly. Completed 3 out of 8 passes.

Foxbatt

No need to try to whitewash the whole thing. The moment he came on the defense got unbalanced.

A-man

The Football Association is investigating reports of suspicious betting activity around the sub of Maguire in combination with huge bettings for a Brentford goal. Rangnick is most likely facing a 3 years sentence

OrcaFat

He's been very good for us too. He's had some bad form this year and he's been scapegoated a lot, but the thing is, if people look for the bad, they will find it. I'm sure there are many who are blaming Maguire for their goal today. I just don't understand why so many people absolutely hate him. I could hear our supporters yelling at him today from the stands. What is that going to do? Support him. He's our player.
I totally agree.

His problem is he needs to be match fit to get back to his best. His best is very good. He does have problems with bad form (especially this year but it’s happened before as well) usually after being out of the team for a bit and it takes him a long while to get properly up to speed.

Nobody came out of the last few months with much credit and he has certainly been part of the problem. I hope he gets phased back in carefully and I think RR is doing the right thing so far.

Again, though, he has been brilliant for us at times and I think it’s a shame people have forgotten that already. I think he’ll be back and is probably here to stay.

Redlyn

Panic stations as soon as he comes on. A liability. Lindelof and Varane need to be first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.