g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Harry Maguire image 5

Harry Maguire England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamB

When we concede a goal there's no shouting or anything from him, he just pulls that face like he's about to start crying.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Maguire needs time on the bench to sort his head out, no doubt it, but he isn't alone there. Bailly was shocking yesterday after a good performance midweek, as was Shaw and AWB. Bar Varane, every defender we have at the club right now is performing way below acceptable levels. You can't drop them all, so where do you draw the line?

As bad as his performances have been this season, don't fall for the trap of scapegoating Maguire. The entire defence is equally at fault.

OL29

When we hire a competent manager I’d imagine. Ole won’t drop his captain as it’ll further demonstrate how abject his signings have been. They should both be out the door.

nmm85

Will be interesting to see if he starts for England or if he's dropped. If form had anything to do with being picked then he would be no way near that squad. As a blessing he might work his way back to fitness with England.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
No better than Jonny Evans who we let go for peanuts for some bizarre reason
Come on, now- Evans is better, surely?

The more I watch Maguire the more I find it bizarre that City were willing to splash £60m on him. We dodged a bullet.

Hughie77

The trouble is if he's dropped, who comes in ? Jones? It's a fecking mess with so many players out of form at the same time. I would drop him for Jones for a game anyway to see if there us a reaction out of him or he spits his dummy out.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I very much doubt he is worse than Bruce was. As a player, that is. As a captain, he is one of the worst we've seen.
No, Bruce was better, especially when you consider his goalscoring output. Brucey shouldn’t be mentioned alongside Stam, Rio and Vidić though, he was a good defender but nothing truly special (great captain though).

Foxbatt

A new manager may know how to get the best out of him. He has to play due to Varane being out.

Hyejoo

If his play hasn't warranted it already, his post match comments should get his captaincy stripped. Absolutely no leadership coming from him, how could anybody look at him and be inspired? I do feel bad for him because he was absolutely rushed back before being fit, but at this point it's almost embarrassing. Needs to be dropped to get his head sorted.

Robbie Boy

We don't really have great options to come in for him.

Thing is, Ole spent 130m on AWB/Maguire, and the likelihood is that if we get a progressive manager in, both will be binned off.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If his play hasn't warranted it already, his post match comments should get his captaincy stripped. Absolutely no leadership coming from him, how could anybody look at him and be inspired? I do feel bad for him because he was absolutely rushed back before being fit, but at this point it's almost embarrassing. Needs to be dropped to get his head sorted.
If he feel he's not 100% or at least 95% he should speak up.

No machine or med team can tell you how you feel, you're the owner of your body.

Andersons Dietician

His missed header which was not that difficult annoys me a lot.
The one where he heads it on to his shoulder? There was a great ball in from Shaw at freekick and you know when you’re just watching things and you’re seeing it develop and before he had made contact I’m thinking this is it, this is a goal nailed on. Then it drifts effortlessly wide and I just think 50p coin.

On 2nd look Dias I think it is does quite a good job on just doing enough but should have burried it.

Nick7

Probably when we have two or three centre backs that are fit and better than him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Some of you may not like to hear this, but I feel that Maguire needs to be played into form.
He is not captain material: Bruno and Ronaldo are above him in the pecking order. I'd make Bruno captain because Ronaldo may leave in the Summer.
If you drop Maguire, who do you bring in? Baily and Varane are regularly injured, so we can't rely on them to be fit. Maguire is the only guy who isn't injury prone, so we need to play him back into form.
I know it sucks, but that's the reality.

Oh look yet another moaning about Maguire thread. Jeez what a novel idea :houllier:
If you want to deride a comment, post or thread title, you need to learn to create a valid argument against it, rather than a sarcastic, backhanded comment.

red4ever 79

Old Harry got his account manager to post on Instagram again this morning. We feel your pain we are working hard. How about you just feck off Maguire. You are not even better than the average cb's we have had like Smalling, Evans never mind comparing you to our best like Rio, Stam and Vidic. Hopeless player, pussy of a personality and 80m down the drain

Hughie77

Cant be dropped won't be dropped who else can you put in. Jones he's same as DVB won't get a look in with this manager. As long as he's getting his England call ups he's happy, feck UTD .

Blood Mage

Not good enough. The next manager has to sell him, never mind take the armband off him.

Cant be dropped won't be dropped who else can you put in. Jones he's same as DVB won't get a look in with this manager. As long as he's getting his England call ups he's happy, feck UTD .
In fairness to Ole, Jones hasn't played in years. It's extremely rare a player can have that long out with injuries and ever return to their previous level.

I'd love Maguire not to play, but Jones is not the answer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The one where he heads it on to his shoulder? There was a great ball in from Shaw at freekick and you know when you’re just watching things and you’re seeing it develop and before he had made contact I’m thinking this is it, this is a goal nailed on. Then it drifts effortlessly wide and I just think 50p coin.

On 2nd look Dias I think it is does quite a good job on just doing enough but should have burried it.
That one yes. I think it was before their goal too no ?

Tap

Oh look yet another moaning about Maguire thread. Jeez what a novel idea :houllier:
And here you are, moaning about others moaning. People are free to post. You are free to not enter threads.

Red_toad

And here you are, moaning about others moaning. People are free to post. You are free to not enter threads.
And there you are moaning about me moaning. There is no requirement for multiple threads all about the same player, go look up the forum rules. I am always free to point out the error of others ways. You’re always free to pass on my posts if you don’t like them :rolleyes:

Blood Mage

I keep saying that Maguire will be at United next season. Newcastle United.

I'm sure it's going to happen.
In the short term Newcastle becoming filthy rich could be a good thing. We might be able to flog some shite to them for decent money over the next couple of windows.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
In the short term Newcastle becoming filthy rich could be a good thing. We might be able to flog some shite to them for decent money over the next couple of windows.
Maguire, AWB, Martial, DDG for 100m yes please :drool:

They probably wouldn't be interested in McT or Dalot

Great recruitment my arse. We just hit the jackpot with Bruno and Varane + Ronnie were no brainers.

Hughie77

In fairness to Ole, Jones hasn't played in years. It's extremely rare a player can have that long out with injuries and ever return to their previous level.

I'd love Maguire not to play, but Jones is not the answer.
Who then? Nobody else unless he puts a under23 in. Put Mctom in there maybe everyone is at a loss on who, because of the poor form from a Supposed top CB. Just have to stick with him.

Ixion

The argument who do you drop him for is stupid. He has been partly responsible for half a dozen goals in the past month or so, it isn't like we could have been doing worse than 4 at Leicester, 5 against Liverpool, 2 against City etc. Like those results wouldn't have changed to 6 at Leicester, 8 Liverpool just because it was Baily in there.

Just bench players who are in bad form, it isn't rocket science. How Shaw and AWB haven't had a game on the bench yet I do not know either.

Status
Not open for further replies.