Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That match felt like 10 minutes of us playing some decent football, 30 minutes of Leeds attacking and about 50 minutes of watching Maguire dither with the ball.

Sick of the sight of him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
His passing was horrid but did ok in the basic defending bits.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
In years from now people will say remember when Maguire lead our defence at Elland Road and we still won. Iconic performance.

Red-17

I've been a big defender of him, but that second half was absolutely dire especially in posession. Started 2 counter attacks with absolute awful diagonals under no pressure and then just dawdled on the ball every time he got it after that. Our goal came from Sabitzer dropping to just get the ball off of him to make a proper forward pass.

Zoo

Defended well but passing was off. Pleased with him overall came in and did a job.

Oranges038

So slow. Just way too slow.

6/7 touches and pasess the ball 10/15 yards backwards or tries a switch to the left.

It'd be funny if it weren't so tragic just looking at him.

The Firestarter

There was a giffable moment toward the end where he made a 360 turn wondering where the ball was, but it appeared in slow motion.

acnumber9

Slows the game down so, so much. Terrible passer of the ball and the usual couple of meme moments where he hasn’t a clue where the ball or opponent are.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Like with Varane on Wednesday it was a clear tactic to let him have it he ball while covering passing options. And like with Varane he looked poor because of it.

edgecutter

Could easily have cost us today. Some of his passing was shocking and he slows everything down to a crawl. His time is up and hopefully this will be one of the last games he plays for a long time.

Red Rash

Truly terrible, the difference between him and Martinez was apparent. I'm a little bit worried about how easy Maguire will be to get rid of considering the transfer fee and wages he is on.

Gomes

Didn't think you could play worse than Fred last game. Well sone for proving me wrong.

JeffFromHK

Why the hell was Harry Maguire marketed as a "ball playing CB" in Leicester? He has been anything but a "ball playing CB" from the 4 years I have watched him so far. His ball playing is just awful. He keeps dwelling with the ball for 10 seconds before releasing it to the marked fullbacks and pinging long balls to the opponents.

The Hilton

Disasterclass
This is quite the overreaction, no? He kept a clean sheet, with very little protection from the midfield. Not great on the ball, but defended very well.

Still not a good fit for us and the way EtH wants to play, but did the defending part well today.

dove

He did okay defensively but was absolutely terrible with the ball for a supposedly ball playing defender. I have lost count how many times he gave a ball away causing direct threat. Him doing everything in slow motion is hilarious to watch.

Cloud7

I was shocked at how he managed to give the ball away under no pressure. When he gave it away under pressure I was not surprised as I expected that, but the no pressure ones really caught me. Disaster of a player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll be happy when we sell him and never have to see him play again.

Outside of being a big lump, he's absolutely dreadful.

Mike Smalling

He should consider himself lucky that he didn't cost us points today. Needs to go in the summer. No two ways about it.

Pickle85

Absolutely awful. Why it takes him ten seconds on the ball to decide to make the same sideways pass to Shaw he always makes is a mystery.

Hulme91

Varane-Martinez start and concede two in the week against Leeds, Maguire comes in and we get a clean sheet. Just Maguire things :angel:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Long time since i've been fuming over a bad performance, but god damn i actually though he was out there sabotaging us, i don't believe you can be this bad.

Way too slow on the ball, passes to the other team. Terrible performance.

El Zoido

He’s amazingly shit. Got nothing against him personally but I feel bad for him being part of this team and being nowhere near the level of the squad anymore. £80m for him is astonishing, even moreso that Ole made him captain. ETH will do the right thing and move him on in the summer.

BerryBerryShrew

I was cringing every time he got possession- this is the most I've seen a player turn the ball over to the opposition repeatedly in dangerous areas.... since Fred against Leeds a few days ago

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He made mistakes but recovered them nicely. I give him a pass for rustiness.

Robbie Boy

Why the hell was Harry Maguire marketed as a "ball playing CB" in Leicester? He has been anything but a "ball playing CB" from the 4 years I have watched him so far. His ball playing is just awful. He keeps dwelling with the ball for 10 seconds before releasing it to the marked fullbacks and pinging long balls to the opponents.
I honestly used to think it was a windup.

Status
Not open for further replies.