Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-manc

Sucked any tempo out the play and gave it away more often than not when attempting anything other than a 5 yard sideways pass.

Awful.

edgecutter

It's the same kind of performance we have seen over the last few years, and that's what he's going to keep giving if we continue to play him. Hopefully his time is up in the summer.

AshRK

Even his stupid PR cannot save such performance. The guy should be sold. Everything he does looks slow. Yes ×we won and we kept a clean sheet but that was a sub standard performance

Telsim

Did well enough defensively, would have been different if that mistake made it into the net, but bloody hell he is not good getting the ball forward. Takes forever to do anything, although he wasn't helped in this regard by the nonexistent midfield.

Someone

Something
Two parts to his game, his defending overall was excellent, but on the ball he was a liability. I'm a bit surprised at how poor he is on the ball for a top level footballer. People say he'd make an excellent defender for some other clubs and maybe that's true, but all in all the modern game requires a basic level of passing, you can't just do that. You do this against Barca and it's a goal every single mistake.

90 + 5min

Have we ever had a slower player in both feet and reaction? I doubt he is faster than Laurent Blanc. He needs to work on that if he is ever going to be regular in our team.

OverratedOpinion

I don't know if the Maguire defenders are still on the forum so if they are, this is nothing personal, I'm sure he's a lovely chap and I wish him no Ill in his life.

He is our worst senior player by a country mile.

arnoldS

Shocking footballer. I want to support him but he makes it very hard. Horrible performance once again.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What is this PR offensive in the post match interview?

Asking him about starting as if he's Bobby Moore and if he hopes to be more involved.

Joke the soft touch the press are on him.

OverratedOpinion

Two parts to his game, his defending overall was excellent, but on the ball he was a liability. I'm a bit surprised at how poor he is on the ball for a top level footballer. People say he'd make an excellent defender for some other clubs and maybe that's true, but all in all the modern game requires a basic level of passing, you can't just do that. You do this against Barca and it's a goal every single mistake.
You can't say his defending was excellent when he is gifting players one on ones by being robbed of the ball as the last man.

arthurka

Touch x12 pass out to the right only to get it passed back. Then hoof with a good miss kick. Hope we don't need to see him again.

Superunknown

He is most definitely our 3rd/4th/or 5th choice in that position. I'd only ever play him on a rotational or injury crisis basis.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Another two years to run on a massive contract at a time when we are loaning in players from Championship teams to make up the numbers.

It’s not good and it’s a reminder of how badly club was being run under prior regime.

Im hoping that ETH continues to get positive results and is able to exert more pressure on the board to back him. Clearing out players will be as important as who we bring in come the summer.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
His passing was atrocious

positives, Varane got a rest. And outside of his passing he did ok at times dealing with their pressure in the box

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Someone will make a compilation of him, not of massive errors but just errant passes, poor touches etc and I honestly think he'll be unemployed afterwards.

No football coach could look at him and want him in their team.

OT1214

Subtly reminding everyone in the post match interview that he is the captain of Manchester United. His best bit of action today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He is at best our fourth choice centre back, probably fifth behind Lindelof and Shaw. I just want us to move on from him once and for all and put the mistake of spending £80m on him behind us.

Red_Aaron

Lost count of the number of loose passes he made that put us under immediate pressure. Even when under no pressure he'd play too slowly and safe which just invited them on to us.

It took martinez coming on to finally get us out of our own half in the second half.

We all know he's done here, I'm sure he knows it too but I guess fair play to him for keeping his head down at least. A lot of other players in his position would be kicking up a lot of fuss

Robbie Boy

I honestly can't wait for him to move on this summer, and we can pretend this whole fiasco never happened.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The interviewer still trying to make a big deal out of him not being a starter I see.

Renegade

Seems a nice lad. Hoping for a clean separation in the summer. For the best interest of everyone. He’ll go on to be a dependable PL CB for someone outside the Top 4

Real Name

Defending was good but his back passes are driving me nuts. He turns around like a tanker and when he does it attacker is on his back ž

kundalini

I thought he was defending reasonably well until he waited too long to attempt to pass to De Gea, lost possession/pass intercepted, after which, his game fell to pieces. His start to the 2nd half was unbelievable, error after error. He is hopeless at building from the back, so negative, slow passes that take forever to reach their intended destination, by which time there is a Leeds player pressing the recipient. And then there were the rubbish cross field passes that got intercepted, leading to either a Leeds shot after a counter or United rescuing the situation.

edgecutter

Seems a nice lad. Hoping for a clean separation in the summer. For the best interest of everyone. He’ll go on to be a dependable PL CB for someone outside the Top 4
Not on 200k he won't. We're going to have an awful time shifting him

Valencia Shin Crosses

He was ok mostly but there were quite a few bad meme moments.
That means he wasn't "okay mostly" then.

He's a fecking centerback. If you play an entire game and don't make any mistakes, and then have an absolute howler, you didn't have a good game. He had about 4 howlers instead of one (and quite frankly lost his marker several times early on but wasn't punished for it)

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No idea what was going on with those diagonal balls out to the left today. There's a lot of things to criticise Maguire about, but those passes are the one thing that he's always been very good at. Even they turned to shit today.

Purely defensively he was ok.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
To me he's Fellaini 2.0. Always annoyed when I see his name in the line up. Even more annoyed when I watch(ed) them play. He always looks like he doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball and when he finally does decide to do something with it there's a 50/50 chance it lands in the opponents feet. Its not all his fault because I disliked the lack of movement from almost the entire team today, but it's not just today. For a team that wants to play from the back I don't think there's another professional defender out there in Europe that sucks out the tempo as much as he does. Can't wait to see him leave the club.

The United

If you want a raw defender with back to the goal style defending, he is the type. But looks very slow in everything for any progressive fast paced styles.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No idea what was going on with those diagonal balls out to the left today. There's a lot of things to criticise Maguire about, but those passes are the one thing that he's always been very good at. Even they turned to shit today.

Purely defensively he was ok.
He made 127 passes today, 63 more than anyone else. Varane made 120 on Wednesday, 35 more than anyone else.

Watching the games it was a clear tactic from Leeds to let them have the ball while cutting off options. Both looked poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.