Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1386

There was tons of space there. Any professional player should be expected to be able to pass not the opponent there. The passing from DDG was at good pace that easy to control. All of Maguire opponents were not challenging him for the ball. He had time and space to pass it right, or at the very bottom of barrel of professional player expectation, not to pass it directly to opponent.

But yeah, we're just going circle here.
There’s a clip of De Gea giving the exact same pass to Martinez who handles it very well. This proves that it wasn’t on the keeper, it was on Maguire.

Crimson King

He is just extremely clumsy. Pulled Shaw to the ground, kicked Pogba in the head and injured Martial by pushing Sabitzer onto Martial his knee.

He doesnt do it on purpose but these kind of clumsy accidents always seem to happen to Maguire.
It went a bit unnoticed that Martial was injured by Maguire's clumsiness during Seville's 2nd goal. Not that it takes much for him to get injured, mind.

Long Time Red

AWB, De Gea, Shaw and Lindelof all looked so much better without him in the team.

I'm not a Harry hater but he shouldn't get anymore minutes this season unless it's an emergency.

edgecutter

We're a far better team without him. He can play again when top 4 is sealed and we need to rest bodies.

Lee565

Shouldn't be playing another game this season unless we suffer more injuries in defence or if we have third spot tied up before the last game of the season

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He spreads anxiety. He may be capable of more dominant performances than Lindelof due to his physical qualities but I’d rather keep Lindelof. He suits this club and team better.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
What struck me today was watching the players between halves in extra time. Bruno Fernandes was out there barking instructions, trying to lift his teammates. Maguire was lurking at the back having a quiet word with Steve McLaren.

Dannn411

Just transfer list him tomorrow. When a left back is better at your job than you, it's all over.

NoPace

There’s a clip of De Gea giving the exact same pass to Martinez who handles it very well. This proves that it wasn’t on the keeper, it was on Maguire.
I don't think that makes sense. I wouldn't really want Varane getting the ball in that situation either. Lisandro can handle it, but he might be the best CB in the entire world in that difficult situation. I wouldn't really want that ball going to Vidic either but I'd still sign him tomorrow.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully ten Hag decides to repeat the same starting XI in the final. Maguire it's a calamity.

Sylar

It would be ridiculous if he starts the next match just because he's available again.

Habs

Has no confidence and unfortunately for him he’s become a huge joke. Needs to be sold for his own good.

What makes things worse is Luke Shaw has looked better than him in every game he’s played at CB

lsd

The Oracle
We look more secure without him there can really be no argument about this anymore.

When he plays the entire backline seems jittery and error prone.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There’s no question whatsoever in my mind. It’s Shaw and Lindelof for the rest of the season.

JagUTD

Never known a play to have such a negative impact in their team mates like Maguire does.

Even at his most toxic, Ronaldo didn't bring down the teams level like he can.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Didn't put a foot wrong today.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Suspended. Yellow cards
Praise the lord.

What struck me today was watching the players between halves in extra time. Bruno Fernandes was out there barking instructions, trying to lift his teammates. Maguire was lurking at the back having a quiet word with Steve McLaren.
Says it all.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Never known a play to have such a negative impact in their team mates like Maguire does.

Even at his most toxic, Ronaldo didn't bring down the teams level like he can.
Tbf, attackers have more leeway than CB when making mistakes. A CB fecked up 5 times shows more impact than Ronaldo fecked up 5 chances.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The big question is, who the taker will be in the summer?

It’s been obvious for a while that he isn’t going to pick up and he shatters the confidence of the team when he plays. He can’t be captain anymore and he can’t stay.

But where does he go? Especially if he convinces himself he can fight for his place? Who will convince him to join and could conceivably benefit from him and pay him a decent wage?

Abraxas

It’s been obvious for a while that he isn’t going to pick up and he shatters the confidence of the team when he plays. He can’t be captain anymore and he can’t stay.

But where does he go? Especially if he convinces himself he can fight for his place? Who will convince him to join and could conceivably benefit from him and pay him a decent wage?
I don't think he'll be too bad to sell to many PL clubs that aren't at the top end. I doubt we'll get an amazing fee because of wages like you mention, but there are teams that play lower blocks than ETH would like to. Or that are thinking about playing 3 at the back. Plus he's English, it's probably some kind of factor. I think a few are going to see past the calamity he is here and envisage him within a different set of circumstances.

Revan

Assumptionman

His contract will expire next summer, so I think he would be ok with dropping his wages to get a contract somewhere. It is not a Sancho situation where the player is contracted for another 3 years.

He should obviously be stripped of captaincy though, and ten Hag should make it clear that he is fifth choice and won’t be expected to play unless we have an injury crisis. Then he can decide to stay for another season in those wages, or go and get a 4 year contract in West Ham or so.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That look Antony gave Maguire, left lasting impression than I thought. Just because it was so strange. Maybe there's something deeper to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.